London Broncos Squad 2022

10 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Ramsey is the kid they've signed from West Wales actually.Will Ramsey

All are signed to Broncos 2022,regardless of where they first came from.All have featured for the Broncos before playing for Skolars this season.

Thank you for correcting me about Ramsey. The point I was trying to make is that in previous seasons Skolars were able to borrow good young players from Broncos who have since progressed to higher teams (eg M Davis, Butler, Walker, Bienek, Meadows, S Davis, Boafo, Ogden, Hindmarsh etc...) In the past these players were clearly better than Skolars squad & helped improve the teams performance/competitiveness (even if Skolars still lost a lot of games!) Currently the players Broncos are lending Skolars are either ex Skolars players or young reserve players, but they are not noticeably different in ability to the current Skolars squad - it could be argued based on the games I have seen so far that a couple of the current Skolars squad have performed better than the Broncos players on loan.

I have watched the Broncos academy and reserve games for a number of seasons – in the past the academy and reserve set up was very professionally run and had a reasonable depth of players (I think the academy team finished 5th a few years ago). Currently the reserve team is mainly made up of ex Skolars players, Broncos Academy players & current Skolars fringe players have been asked to make up the numbers. In all essence it seems that Broncos are running the reserve team purely because the RFL say they must have one to run an academy!

Of the 10 ish Skolars players that Broncos took only 3 seem to regularly play for Broncos (Latu, Macani, Grant) A couple of others have played the odd games.

Please note - I am not anti Broncos. Since moving down South from Leeds I have been a regular Broncos season ticket holder, I have in the past sponsored Broncos players and I currently have a Broncos season ticket. What disappoints me so much is how far the entire Broncos set up has fallen since our SL season. The move to part time may have been inevitable because of the low crowd numbers, but the manner and the way in which Broncos have gone about it could seriously affect the viability of Skolars and London RL in general. If Broncos self destruct of their own accord that would be terrible, to wipe out Skolars & London RL as well would be unforgivable.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Templegreen said:

Thank you for correcting me about Ramsey. The point I was trying to make is that in previous seasons Skolars were able to borrow good young players from Broncos who have since progressed to higher teams (eg M Davis, Butler, Walker, Bienek, Meadows, S Davis, Boafo, Ogden, Hindmarsh etc...) In the past these players were clearly better than Skolars squad & helped improve the teams performance/competitiveness (even if Skolars still lost a lot of games!) Currently the players Broncos are lending Skolars are either ex Skolars players or young reserve players, but they are not noticeably different in ability to the current Skolars squad - it could be argued based on the games I have seen so far that a couple of the current Skolars squad have performed better than the Broncos players on loan.

I have watched the Broncos academy and reserve games for a number of seasons – in the past the academy and reserve set up was very professionally run and had a reasonable depth of players (I think the academy team finished 5th a few years ago). Currently the reserve team is mainly made up of ex Skolars players, Broncos Academy players & current Skolars fringe players have been asked to make up the numbers. In all essence it seems that Broncos are running the reserve team purely because the RFL say they must have one to run an academy!

Of the 10 ish Skolars players that Broncos took only 3 seem to regularly play for Broncos (Latu, Macani, Grant) A couple of others have played the odd games.

Please note - I am not anti Broncos. Since moving down South from Leeds I have been a regular Broncos season ticket holder, I have in the past sponsored Broncos players and I currently have a Broncos season ticket. What disappoints me so much is how far the entire Broncos set up has fallen since our SL season. The move to part time may have been inevitable because of the low crowd numbers, but the manner and the way in which Broncos have gone about it could seriously affect the viability of Skolars and London RL in general. If Broncos self destruct of their own accord that would be terrible, to wipe out Skolars & London RL as well would be unforgivable.

The best points made so far, the sheer disappointment around the way the club has been handled over the past two seasons with seemingly no regard for the longevity of the sport. It is inconceivable how people involved cannot see this and I am sure it is why the likes of Powell and Ward left the set up but their departure signaled the direction it was going and something needs to be done for the entire structure quickly or the rescue mission may well be too late and leave jo survivors

• Like 3

London Broncos 2022 very similar to Curb Your Enthusiasm, when Mel Brooks casts Larry David in his long running broadway show. Brooks was hoping Larry would stink so bad that he wouldn’t have to continue producing the show. Kinda feels the same with David Hughes and his appointments of commercial manager, ceo and coach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A nice win today.

Some class performances.The middle three of Parata,Palumbo and Bienek were good.Particularly Bienek, absolutely outstanding upfront,was best on ground.

Chisholm had a gooden also,hopefully mustard can keep him on for season .

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cowboy said:

A nice win today.

Some class performances.The middle three of Parata,Palumbo and Bienek were good.Particularly Bienek, absolutely outstanding upfront,was best on ground.

Chisholm had a gooden also,hopefully mustard can keep him on for season .

Totally agree- had more fight about them, bienek was superb in first half. Actually played with pace and looked like wanted to be there! Need to build consistency now and if keep Chisholm and he comes down and trains with them they should improve week on week! 

1 hour ago, watcherofRL said:

keep Chisholm 

10 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Chisholm had a good also,hopefully mustard can keep him on for season .

Rumours round these here parts says chizzy signing for kieghley

This season, on and off the pitch, has gone exactly as predicted by anyone who’s been around the Broncos since they first moved to West London. Just a ridiculous decision to move back to South London after all this time, you might as well have relocated Hull KR to Manchester and expected it to work

As ever, Hughes doesn’t listen to anyone. His money, his call I guess. But let’s be honest he’s been calling it wrong ever since they ditched the Quins attempt (through choice or otherwise) when Mark Evans left the Union side of that club. That was the last shot at sustainability really, but David continually refused to invest properly in audience acquisition. We could have built a sustainable crowd using Henry Paul’s wages back then, using a version of the old Peter Deakin playbook mixed with new media  - I offered to, as did others. Saracens did it instead

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, dealwithit said:

I read David Hughes has been out of the country for a while, but has no returned. Anyone know anything? 

Did see Hughes and Co congratulating the Broncos lads as they came from field at full time.

On 02/05/2022 at 10:36, northamptoncougar said:

If Keighley have signed him it’ll be for the 2023 season. I can’t see them needing him this year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

That's another blow to London. When a player drops down a division rather than sign for you then things aren't good 

Possibly O but kieghley is closer to home and he played with the cougars aussie coach at the bulls

13 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

That's another blow to London. When a player drops down a division rather than sign for you then things aren't good 

It's not London's loss,it's Fevs .He were only on 2 week loan.

Keighley paying him more then Fev are,what chance do you think London had at throwing him the same dosh as that, nought pal.Fair play to him,got a pay rise and will be doing half the work .

9 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

It's not London's loss,it's Fevs .He were only on 2 week loan.

Keighley paying him more then Fev are,what chance do you think London had at throwing him the same dosh as that, nought pal.Fair play to him,got a pay rise and will be doing half the work .

FEV's loss NOT really C although he's been great and the fans love him  we'ave got bettter halves now and he was never going to play for us again so him going frees up some dosh to maybe bring in a player the coach want's

Furthermore we have another really goodun tom holmes out on loan who doesn't appear to feature in BM's plans so wouldn't surprise me if he follows  chizzy out of the door Perhaps london should be talking to him

3 hours ago, POR said:

FEV's loss NOT really C although he's been great and the fans love him  we'ave got bettter halves now and he was never going to play for us again so him going frees up some dosh to maybe bring in a player the coach want's

Furthermore we have another really goodun tom holmes out on loan who doesn't appear to feature in BM's plans so wouldn't surprise me if he follows  chizzy out of the door Perhaps london should be talking to him

To be fair mate,Chisholm is miles better then Jono Ford.Blind Freddy can see that

5 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

To be fair mate,Chisholm is miles better then Jono Ford.Blind Freddy can see that

To be fair C  Jono Ford.Blind Freddy is still in AUS the two lads in the shirts now are head and shoulders better than chizzy 

On 04/05/2022 at 19:25, OriginalMrC said:

Things weren't good in that respect even before the season started. Allegedly, some excellent ex academy players left, when the current coach was appointed.

Even that said, the latest comments from the coach give me absolutely no inspiration, whatsoever.

According to the Broncos website/twitter account, Jermaine said: “It’s incredible to finally get points on the board and secure the first win..."

Incredible?! Really?! Is that really where we are now?!

Well, one swallow doesn't make a summer...You may not think it, but I really hope that it does! 

Good luck lads!

• Like 1

So what now? Siti much better as centre and need another half! Tried Thomas - ex skolar who has been around but made some really poor decisions and kicks when he played, Ramsey was from west wales so surely not up to the job, one appearance as replacement hooker so not seen what he can do but given he was signed in pre season I assume he’s had his chances in training and reserves/skolars? 
Newcastle is definitely a winner if can get the selection right and the lads come out with the fight they showed last week but with continued momentum rather than dropping off in second half and an improvement in line speed 

On 02/05/2022 at 10:36, northamptoncougar said:

If Keighley have signed him it’ll be for the 2023 season. I can’t see them needing him this year. 

Need to look for another half - Tom Holmes went to Sheffield on loan but didn’t think they needed a half long term and he is not going to feature in the current Fev 21 so London need to do some deals