London Broncos Squad 2022

On 04/05/2022 at 18:08, POR said:

That film reminded my how I felt, when I played.

Nothing compares to it. 

It's P45 time, surely now! No point on dwelling on what so many felt, or knew would likely be the case by now, or indeed a lot earlier! Let's get someone new in, who will hopefully inspire more confidence, and do a better job, IMHO! Yes, sure, the wallet will have to be prised open a bit more, but it needs to be done now. It probably won't make a lot of difference for this season, but at least it'd be better to do it now, IMHO, rather than just wait for what many thought would happen anyway, the inevitable drop. Hopefully a new coach will get us over the line. Failing that, sadly, I don't see much, if any future, realistically, for much above club status for London and the south in Rugby League!

Can the 'powers that be' do anything to help? Well, if they actually want to expand the game further, they maybe also need to pull their finger out too!

Edited by acersaccharum

48 minutes ago, acersaccharum said:

It's P45 time, surely now! No point on dwelling on what so many felt, or knew would likely be the case by now, or indeed a lot earlier! Let's get someone new in, who will hopefully inspire more confidence, and do a better job, IMHO! Yes, sure, the wallet will have to be prised open a bit more, but it needs to be done now. It probably won't make a lot of difference for this season, but at least it'd be better to do it now, IMHO, rather than just wait for what many thought would happen anyway, the inevitable drop. Hopefully a new coach will get us over the line. Failing that, sadly, I don't see much, if any future, realistically, for much above club status for London and the south in Rugby League!

Can the 'powers that be' do anything to help? Well, if they actually want to expand the game further, they maybe also need to pull their finger out too!

I too feel that Hughes should be shown the door. Like you say, it's been obvious for a while.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I too feel that Hughes should be shown the door. Like you say, it's been obvious for a while.

Hughes is the one who thought a L1 squad would be good enough for a Championship season when moving to a new ground. He's lost his marbles (assuming he ever had any).

• Like 1

According to a Facebook poster who was apparently there the crowd was very small last night. There needs to be some changes soon or the club will disappear.  As I have said before leaving Ealing  to go to to Wimbledon was a crazy decision in the current circumstances.

The Broncos to play Sheffield Eagles at Ebbsfleet Utd FC on the 3rd of July

I shall be in Kent that weekend for a reunion so will go to the game, and hopefully the posters on here who live in Kent and East Sussex and South Essex will turn up as well

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2022/05/16/london-broncos-home-fixture-against-sheffield-moved-to-ebbsfleet/

24 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I shall be in Kent that weekend for a reunion so will go to the game, and hopefully the posters on here who live in Kent and East Sussex and South Essex will turn up as well

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2022/05/16/london-broncos-home-fixture-against-sheffield-moved-to-ebbsfleet/

Oh dear, oh dear. By all means do this as part of a plan (whatever that might be) and announce it before the season starts but this is just daft. The move to Wimbledon gets better and better.

Just now, Archie Gordon said:

Oh dear, oh dear. By all means do this as part of a plan (whatever that might be) and announce it before the season starts but this is just daft. The move to Wimbledon gets better and better.

If you read the article you will see there is some ground work being done that weekend at Wimbledon, hence moving the game to Ebbsfleet FC ground. Hopefully you can make it if you live in Kent, East Sussex or South Essex area

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Am on holiday or else I might have given it a go. 70 minute drive though so it's not like it's right on the doorstep of anyone. You might want to check which bit of Kent you're in, it's not a small county.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

59 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I think we (as in on this board) did ask whether we'd have to do a summer migration and were told not to worry our pretty little heads about.

£200,000 per year rent, is it?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The sport of rugby league doing its very best to alienate supporters during a time the cost of living is rising.

Jolly good having train stations nearby, but travelling from Sheffield people are advised to book 3 months in advance for cheaper fares.

With a bit of a Tennis Tournament going on,in July,accommodation may have been booked,in that area,some considerable time ago.

No surprise people walk away from the sport - in this age of marvelous communication.

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

20 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Am on holiday or else I might have given it a go. 70 minute drive though so it's not like it's right on the doorstep of anyone. You might want to check which bit of Kent you're in, it's not a small county.

I'm in Maidstone so not a million miles from the ground.

The Ground itself i have found out is in Northfleet next to Gravesend and Ebbsfleet train station is only about a 10 minute walk to the ground, and the Bluewater shopping centre is only about 3 miles away for the Ladies

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Hahahahahahaha!

What a club! I've never seen or heard of any professional sport clubs run as badly as this one has been. The sooner it dies the better, for all concerned.

• Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Ebbsfleet even with one shiny new stand is a dive. The upside is it’s not November and should hopefully not rain if you’re exposed to the elements behind the sticks. 

Any other club and I’d be amazed they’re taking a game nearly 40 miles away from the home venue they’ve been in for all of about five or six games but London Broncos, it’s pretty normal for them. 

11 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Ebbsfleet even with one shiny new stand is a dive. The upside is it’s not November and should hopefully not rain if you’re exposed to the elements behind the sticks. 

Any other club and I’d be amazed they’re taking a game nearly 40 miles away from the home venue they’ve been in for all of about five or six games but London Broncos, it’s pretty normal for them. 

Tell us about your experiences living and working in the Ebbsfleet area and your visit's to the football ground

Apparently 

Kuflink Stadium will host the match as part of the Broncos’ plans to play one game annually in Kent. 

Jason Loubser, London Broncos CEO, 

It’s always been our ambition to grow Rugby League across the region, and we hope our plans to host a one-off match each season in Kent can accelerate us fulfilling this objective.

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

Tell us about your experiences living and working in the Ebbsfleet area and your visit's to the football ground

I’ve been three times to the ground as an away fan, it’s a rubbish stadium compared to Wimbledon and the only work it has had done on it in the sixteen years since my first visit is a new main stand down one side of the ground. The local area isn’t great as it’s mainly a residential area. You’d be better of going one more stop on a train and going into Gravesend for food and drink but it’s a pretty bog standard town. 

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’ve been three times to the ground as an away fan, it’s a rubbish stadium compared to Wimbledon and the only work it has had done on it in the sixteen years since my first visit is a new main stand down one side of the ground. The local area isn’t great as it’s mainly a residential area. You’d be better of going one more stop on a train and going into Gravesend for food and drink but it’s a pretty bog standard town. 

So 3 visits in 16 years makes you an expert on the area 🤣

Edited by The Future is League

Just now, The Future is League said:

So 3 visits in 16 years make you and expert on the area 🤣

You’re arguing points I haven’t made. 

I’ve been to Ebbsfleet United, I gave my opinion. It’s how an Internet forum works. I also can’t help that either my club or Ebbsfleet get relegated thus determining the regularity of games between the two sides. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

You have to spend some time in area before you can pass judgement on it. Not 3 visits in 16 years

You’re the only one talking about the local area. Nobody else has brought that up.