London Broncos Squad 2022

36 minutes ago, Jughead said:

A second “home” game at Ebbsfleet United, then. This time the Featherstone game on the 10th July. 

That break clause must be coming soon. 

A good start to the tenancy at Wimbledon. To think the first game was sold to everyone as an 'on the road' game! 

• Like 1

Moving the Fev game is smart, as very few fans are going to turn up for a 50 point tonking, so having circa 800 fans with most from Fev would not be a good advertisement for the crowd figures

Most Broncos fans I know are planning to give the fev game a big miss

26 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Moving the Fev game is smart, as very few fans are going to turn up for a 50 point tonking, so having circa 800 fans with most from Fev would not be a good advertisement for the crowd figures

Most Broncos fans I know are planning to give the fev game a big miss

I’m not sure it’s “smart”. London will have to pay for a third venue (AFCW and whatever Union sides ground they use to train on) and a small crowd will, likely, result in a financial loss, whilst giving fans eleven days to organise getting to the game. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jughead said:

A second “home” game at Ebbsfleet United, then. This time the Featherstone game on the 10th July. 

That break clause must be coming soon. 

Ludicrous club

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

I’m not sure it’s “smart”. London will have to pay for a third venue (AFCW and whatever Union sides ground they use to train on) and a small crowd will, likely, result in a financial loss, whilst giving fans eleven days to organise getting to the game. 

I think it's 4th venues isn't it?

Plough Lane, Ebbsfleet, Athletic Ground in Richmond for academy and reserves, Rosslyn Park for training.

3 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Plough Lane, Ebbsfleet, Athletic Ground in Richmond for academy and reserves, Rosslyn Park for training.

If true, that’s truly mind boggling yet so very London Broncos. 

17 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Rosslyn Park is where the women play as well, I think.

But, yes, four grounds this season.

Because there was no future at Ealing and we had a great plan for what would happen when we left.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

19 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Rosslyn Park is where the women play as well, I think.

But, yes, four grounds this season.

Because there was no future at Ealing and we had a great plan for what would happen when we left.

Was that plan ceasing to existing?

• Like 1

Just now, Jughead said:

Was that plan ceasing to existing?

I think it involved selling merch to AFC Wimbledon fans and stomping all over any tedious legacy supporters.

It was a great plan. The best.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

I think it involved selling merch to AFC Wimbledon fans and stomping all over any tedious legacy supporters.

It was a great plan. The best.

Absolutely.

Annihilate the last vestiges of remaining commitment from any existing fans for a bright new dawn! (A bright new dawn that's powered by Pound Shop AAA batteries.) That's the (entirely predictable) London way.

Edited by Stuff Smith
typo

49 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Well, at least fans can vote on the walk on music for the game at Ebbsfleet on Sunday. 

At quins (or was it Brentford), I seem to recall they came out to Fat Boy slim right here right now

I also recall them coming out to the Clash (london calling)

And I seem to also recall (but maybe I am losing my mind), them coming out to the end credits from Bladerunner one season

Happy memories when we actually had a club and a team

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crashmon said:

At quins (or was it Brentford), I seem to recall they came out to Fat Boy slim right here right now

I also recall them coming out to the Clash (london calling)

And I seem to also recall (but maybe I am losing my mind), them coming out to the end credits from Bladerunner one season

Happy memories when we actually had a club and a team

I remember loving London away as a kid. The cheerleaders, free bottles of Virgin Cola, the entertainment in the car park at The Valley, the buckets of Australian beer at Brentford, the mascots, the general feeling around the place. That seemed to lose a piece as each ground move passed, as the crowd dwindled. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crashmon said:

we should all vote for Road to Nowhere by the talking heads...  Would be perfect on where London are right now 🙂

I've no interest in pop (or rock music, if you want to make that distinction), but maybe  "The End", by The Doors.

31 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Here’s Where The Story Ends - The Sundays, would be very apt. 

Love that song.

And, my god, it is the right song.

9 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Its been confirmed that after this Sundays game against the Sheffield Eagles at the Ebbsfllet FC Kuflink stadium the Broncos will host Fev Rovers the following Sunday as well at Ebbsfleet FC Kufllnk stadium

https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/featherstone-follow-the-eagles-to-ebbsfleet/

Its a toss up for me Broncos or Kent v Glamorgan may do both as should do Gravesend to Canterbury in around an hour in the jamjar🙂 

Paul

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Its a toss up for me Broncos or Kent v Glamorgan may do both as should do Gravesend to Canterbury in around an hour in the jamjar🙂 

Paul

Sounds like a plan. 

I will be at this Sundays game v the Sheffield Eagles 100% as I will be down there and staying in Maidstone on the Saturday night and make my way to the ground on Sunday

• Like 2

Fantastic! London 0-28 down at half time, and then to WIN 36-28!

That's pure grit and determination! 

It just shows what's possible, when, IMHO, the team finally starts to gel. Sadly very late in the season, but let's hope that it now draws a line on falling any further, and we can now look forward to building a better future!

Well done and keep going lads!

Edited by acersaccharum
  • Like 8