London Broncos Squad 2022

28 minutes ago, acersaccharum said:

Fantastic! London 0-28 down at half time, and then to WIN 36-28!

That's pure grit and determination! 

It just shows what's possible, when, IMHO, the team finally starts to gel. Sadly very late in the season, but let's hope that it now draws a line on falling any further, and we can now look forward to building a better future!

Well done and keep going lads!

Survival is the priority this year but they need to return to being a full time team if Hughes want to meet his goals. Ditch the Wimbledon colours as well. London Irish didn't adopt Brentford's colours.

On 29/06/2022 at 12:42, Archie Gordon said:

Shambolic organisation. Someone needs to get a grip or just put the club out of its misery.

Why would you put the club out of its misery when they win? The best experience I have had at a ground do date! Everything was laid in and nothing was too much trouble - a permanent move would be a wise one as Wimbledon is too large and formal with no character to it

18 hours ago, NW10LDN said:

Survival is the priority this year but they need to return to being a full time team if Hughes want to meet his goals. Ditch the Wimbledon colours as well. London Irish didn't adopt Brentford's colours.

Well said, get out of Wimbledon and over to Kent - train service good from north or south

1 hour ago, watcherofRL said:

Well said, get out of Wimbledon and over to Kent - train service good from north or south

Ebbsfleet United’s stadium really isn’t a good look for any club who has said they have a five year plan to be back in Super League, it’s even worse when you consider the modern stadia they’d be leaving for a ground that’s not the best. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Ebbsfleet United’s stadium really isn’t a good look for any club who has said they have a five year plan to be back in Super League, it’s even worse when you consider the modern stadia they’d be leaving for a ground that’s not the best. 

Indeed, but talking to a Ebbsfleet fan they think the ground is going to be modernised in the near future and an old wooden stand replaced by a new stand similar to the new stand i sat in yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That may be so but it appears a long time off. 

https://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/club-update-close-season-2022/

A case of watch this space i think.

The beauty of the ground for me is there are 2 railway stations within walking distance of the ground The grounds location on a main road and regular bus services going past the ground either going to Gravesend or Dartford. That old wooden stand on the Thames river side needs to be replaced without a doubt

3 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Yes, absolutely. One game with an attendance better than the abysmal gates at Wimbledon, and yet still apparently lower than those at Ealing, is all the evidence needed to uproot the club once more and move to a stadium in Kent. Are you David Hughes by any chance?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

Plough Lane would be a great ground if they had the fans to follow. A London team needs to play most of their games in London with one or two taken on the road.

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

The capacity at Ebbsfleet is under the requirement for Super League.

It's an absolute non-starter for any club that is serious about promotion at any point.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

The capacity at Ebbsfleet is under the requirement for Super League.

It's an absolute non-starter for any club that is serious about promotion at any point.

Gillingham would be better but Broncos need to build their support first before considering that.

Just now, NW10LDN said:

Gillingham would be better but Broncos need to build their support first before considering that.

Gillingham is Kent though. I mean, fine for a team called Kent but, with the best will in the world, it's not appropriate for London.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

Plough Lane would be a great ground if they had the fans to follow. A London team needs to play most of their games in London with one or two taken on the road.

I agree but most grounds aren’t suitable stadiums because the club itself isn’t suitable. Venues of the size of Ealing and Ebbsfleet are more befitting the current guise of the Broncos. 

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Gillingham is Kent though. I mean, fine for a team called Kent but, with the best will in the world, it's not appropriate for London.

I mean for the one round they want to hold in Kent which seems to be a new thing.

17 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

I mean for the one round they want to hold in Kent which seems to be a new thing.

Ah, understood.

On 04/07/2022 at 16:48, Jughead said:

I agree but most grounds aren’t suitable stadiums because the club itself isn’t suitable. Venues of the size of Ealing and Ebbsfleet are more befitting the current guise of the Broncos. 

I suppose there are reasons that we are not being told about for not going back to Ealing then?

Personally I would rather we stayed in place and I thought Ealing was a pretty good venue for us. I said at the time we should of signed up for another 5 or 10 years there. I genuinely don’t see the logic in continually moving these long distances every 2 or 3 years . Is there something that I am missing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westlondonfan said:

I suppose there are reasons that we are not being told about for not going back to Ealing then?

Personally I would rather we stayed in place and I thought Ealing was a pretty good venue for us. I said at the time we should of signed up for another 5 or 10 years there. I genuinely don’t see the logic in continually moving these long distances every 2 or 3 years . Is there something that I am missing?

The link is our chairman, who seems to ###### off his landlords every 2-3 years, meaning we have to yet again move.  We won't be at PL in 2024 - 2025 as by then it will be obvious 750-800 home attendance will not pay for the rent on 3 grounds

On 06/07/2022 at 11:07, crashmon said:

The link is our chairman, who seems to ###### off his landlords every 2-3 years, meaning we have to yet again move.  We won't be at PL in 2024 - 2025 as by then it will be obvious 750-800 home attendance will not pay for the rent on 3 grounds

It is baffling 

• 1 month later...

Been told by a fairly reliable source.Club has signed Eccles as head coach for 2023,along with re-signing some of the better performers in Moceidreke,Parata,Palumbo,Albert,Ulberg and Williams.

Lovell,Walker,Macani,Leyland,Bienek,Davis,Horseman all under contract for 2023.

Good signs moving forward,if another couple quality new signings can be added then season 2023 could be promising. 

• Like 3