London Broncos Squad 2022

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

Why would a well run club like the Skolars, want to assiocate themselves with the mess which is the Broncos (and I'm a broncos fan)

I saw it in an interview and it piqued my interest as it’s something I hadn’t read about before or had considered myself. 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/chris-thorman-mergers-dreams-policy/

I see the problems faced by both but I’m not sure what a merger would do to actually help both. Skolars would essentially become a Southern Conference side and Broncos would have their pick of the player pool, which they have already. There’s nothing I can see that is positive out of this for them. 

Edited by Jughead
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jughead said:

I saw it in an interview and it piqued my interest as it’s something I hadn’t read about before or had considered myself. 

I see the problems faced by both but I’m not sure what a merger would do to actually help both. Skolars would essentially become a Southern Conference side and Broncos would have their pick of the player pool, which they have already. There’s nothing I can see that is positive out of this for them. 

The only winners would be the skolars players poached for the broncos, instead of losing by 30 points to Hunslet they would lose by 30 points to Leigh, and get to play in a 3rd (soon to be 4th) division football stadium

Although I hope Wimbledon do stay up, still bit miffed that after only 2 games the wimbledon manager decided to blame the fact he has not won in 20 games on the broncos

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Also London is massive, they are practically in different cities with one in the north the other in Wimbledon. There is no merger. 

There’s always been quite a big crossover between fans. Broncos’ traveller style existence matters little on that particular matter. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jughead said:

Merger would be pointless. It would essentially be a take over and frankly it would make more sense if one club folded. I wouldn't travel from NE London where I live (30 mins from Skolars) to Plough Lane (1 hour 30mins from here on a weekday probably more on a Sunday) more than once or twice a year.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Jughead said:

Agree

Fans and followers of London broncos need now to find any way possible to get in touch with anyone at the club who can have an influence over the running/operations and make them see that things need to change! The players deserve more than this and they are improving week on week so the negativity towards the club needs to change as not going to help them stay focused and play to their best!

3 games were theirs for the taking and the errors and missed kicks will correct themselves with support so let’s give it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Fans and followers of London broncos need now to find any way possible to get in touch with anyone at the club who can have an influence over the running/operations and make them see that things need to change! The players deserve more than this and they are improving week on week so the negativity towards the club needs to change as not going to help them stay focused and play to their best!

3 games were theirs for the taking and the errors and missed kicks will correct themselves with support so let’s give it

A good start would be to fix the banner on the website, so fans can actually get to the ticket site to buy tickets

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

What London needs is a new owner...

I'm not sure the owner is the problem, he's put millions in after all. I guess ultimately though he has employed the senior management at the club who are doing a terrible job of running the club. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Someone else with millions to pump in for no return? Good luck. 

I know it's been done before with Brisbane, but I think London needs to think outside the square and team up with a NRL club like Sydney Roosters, Penrith Panthers or Brisbane Broncos (mind you no name, colours or kit change)

In return some players that aren't NRL ready can play for London, and players in London can play in the NRL, reserve grade etc. ( yes I know covid, travel etc)

Also the NRL can help develop the club on and off the field with sponsors, government grants, junior development  etc. Which the NRL club would have a expanded junior base to choose from.

And maybe just maybe, in return the NRL can help develop a stadium and London Leagues Club (just like in Australia)

Yes I know it's wishful thinking.

Maybe with some of the seized asset's from the Oligarchs we can start on it now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

I know it's been done before with Brisbane, but I think London needs to think outside the square and team up with a NRL club like Sydney Roosters, Penrith Panthers or Brisbane Broncos (mind you no name, colours or kit change)

In return some players that aren't NRL ready can play for London, and players in London can play in the NRL, reserve grade etc. ( yes I know covid, travel etc)

Also the NRL can help develop the club on and off the field with sponsors, government grants, junior development  etc. Which the NRL club would have a expanded junior base to choose from.

And maybe just maybe, in return the NRL can help develop a stadium and London Leagues Club (just like in Australia)

Yes I know it's wishful thinking.

Maybe with some of the seized asset's from the Oligarchs we can start on it now.

You know how much land costs in London, do you? You also get that Leagues Clubs are not relevant in the UK, right?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jughead said:

You know how much land costs in London, do you? You also get that Leagues Clubs are not relevant in the UK, right?

Seize land from Russians Oligarchs (start with Chelsea)  and have Topless Tuesday bar tenders, and Ladies night on Thursday... And it's as relevant as you can get...

This is why I'm on here.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Someone else with millions to pump in for no return? Good luck. 

Pumping millions in but having a website that doesn't even sell you tickets for the next game.

It's like some Monkey's Paw version of wishing for someone with money to take over the game in the capital.

• Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 23/03/2022 at 15:31, OriginalMrC said:

Yet he's gone back to Newcastle who have a much better squad and gone straight into their team. Some players take a while to settle in all sports. 

He went straight into broncos team, then the reserves and then left. Decision making not great - either not team player or thought he was better! Before judge on the merits of joining Newcastle who had so many unavailable - let’s wait and see🤔

On 23/03/2022 at 21:48, OriginalMrC said:

It's been mentioned already but this is pretty shocking really. 

How do you get the message across to the management and media team that if they want something to be successful they should get on with promotion and build up the club - the knock on for the players would be massive as they would see a club that believes in them!!!! Not rocket science surely

• Like 4

On 23/03/2022 at 23:48, OriginalMrC said:

It's been mentioned already but this is pretty shocking really. 

I noticed thst too. They were actually posting decent (and regular) content right up until then. 

Does anyone know what has happened? Has their social media guy had a fallout with the club, and does not want to surrender login details or something? It all seems too sudden to just be simple "mismanagement". 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, langpark said:

I noticed thst too. They were actually posting decent (and regular) content right up until then. 

Does anyone know what has happened? Has their social media guy had a fallout with the club, and does not want to surrender login details or something? It all seems too sudden to just be simple "mismanagement". 

They've posted something today. It's a mystery though and something so far they have decided not to comment on despite various people raising it as an issue. 

• Like 2