40/30 instead of 40/20?

I'd like to have seen more 40/20's over the years, also, I haven't seen wingers holding back enough. So I'd like us to go to 40/30. I'd also get rid of the scrum and have the option of a 5 on 5 play after a knock-on. I'd also like us to be stricter on high tackles in order to have more off-loads. Call the hooker a rake, as in the main job of the No.9 is to rake the ball off the floor to a fellow player. 

Cymru Am Byth/New South Wales

The one thing I hate about rugby league is that everyone is forever wanting to change the rules of the game! This is the culture we've created by tinkering each year: instead of appreciating the sport for what it is, we're always looking at ways to change it to suit our own preferences.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, LlanWests said:

I'd like to have seen more 40/20's over the years, also, I haven't seen wingers holding back enough. So I'd like us to go to 40/30. I'd also get rid of the scrum and have the option of a 5 on 5 play after a knock-on. I'd also like us to be stricter on high tackles in order to have more off-loads. Call the hooker a rake, as in the main job of the No.9 is to rake the ball off the floor to a fellow player. 

Why not 40/40 to really get the game moving.

Keep the scrums as it gives the forwards a rest.

Can we call the Hooker a scoop as he will scoop the ball off the floor.

Go with those 2 rule changes and keep scrums  I think we have a winner.

If they ever do change the hooker name, they should call it a quarter back. Give them the number 13 too, they're are the back of the scrum now most of the time.

You'll have to change the loose forward name too. Guess it's a utility forward now.

Can we just change the scrum to one of those line setup things that do in NRL? (Sorry, I don't watch it... too many adverts!)

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If they ever do change the hooker name, they should call it a quarter back. Give them the number 13 too, they're are the back of the scrum now most of the time.

You'll have to change the loose forward name too. Guess it's a utility forward now.

Can we just change the scrum to one of those line setup things that do in NRL? (Sorry, I don't watch it... too many adverts!)

Are you bothered by the number of commercials, the fact that they mean that you don't get to see all of the play, or both?

11 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The one thing I hate about rugby league is that everyone is forever wanting to change the rules of the game! This is the culture we've created by tinkering each year: instead of appreciating the sport for what it is, we're always looking at ways to change it to suit our own preferences.

Whilst that may be true, the changes seem to have made the game less entertaining. If we want to attract new fans I’d say we need to make the action on the field more attractive, with open, flowing, attacking rugby. Wasn’t that how we began over one hundred years ago? We may just need a few more changes to get that back.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

13 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

We have already tinkered to much with the game, so I would say appreciate and return it to what it was a number of years ago i.e.

5 meter defense line, max 4 interchanges, proper contested scrums for starters albeit I would keep the 40/20.

Puzzled when I see this sort of stuff. Don't we want it to be hard and skilful to get a 40/20? If it was easy we'd quickly get fed up of it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Puzzled when I see this sort of stuff. Don't we want it to be hard and skilful to get a 40/20? If it was easy we'd quickly get fed up of it.

Indeed. Kicking the ball away should result in a loss of possession, unless you can do something exceptional with the kick. 

17 hours ago, LlanWests said:

I like the fact you’ve written it in green crayon.... it’s the only bit I like about the post though

19 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

That's absolute rubbish, every collision sport that I follow is tinkering most years. RU have just changed a law regarding their ruck last week, yeah, mid-season. 

Cymru Am Byth/New South Wales

3 minutes ago, LlanWests said:

That's absolute rubbish, every collision sport that I follow is tinkering most years. RU have just changed a law regarding their ruck last week, yeah, mid-season. 

Whats RU got todo with this? - different sport and I've not got a clue if they have changed any rules and most on here won't know or care either.

I do however think we should change the Hooker to a Scoop so thanks for that lad.👍

17 minutes ago, LlanWests said:

Aye, once I've see it and that was in the nines, Mitchell Moses I think.

To be fair kidda, the real Moses would have more chance in changing the rules to what you suggested..... I'm sure the best hooker in RL, in Roby would love to change the name of his position in the last year of his career...

22 hours ago, LlanWests said:

Call the hooker a rake, as in the main job of the No.9 is to rake the ball off the floor to a fellow player

In the fine tradition of Family Fortunes, if you asked 100 people to describe the action of the 9 passing from the base of the ruck, how many would describe it as a rake?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

27 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

In the fine tradition of Family Fortunes, if you asked 100 people to describe the action of the 9 passing from the base of the ruck, how many would describe it as a rake?

If you asked everyone in the entire world in a Family Fortunes Special the answer would be 0 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

If you asked everyone in the entire world in a Family Fortunes Special the answer would be 0 

If you ask the next generation of RL fans what they think of Family Fortunes, they’ll give you a piece of their mind on the ethics of ultra-capitalism. And they’ll think Les Dennis is a franchise chain of French restaurants. 

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Archived