Newcastle Thunder chairman Mick Hogan steps down

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

They used to open a 4k-seat stand now they'll just open a 400-seat stand. If they sell 200 season tickets next year, will they section off half of the 400-seat stand? 

This is a response to poor sales. I'm still not encouraged by this.

How many season ticket holders did they have last season? 

Let’s put a few minds at rest…..

We moved into the west stand last season due to the east stand being totally closed to the public and make a red zone due to covid restrictions

Its not a case of downsizing at all, we have just under 400 seats standing of areas of 800 and then a 2,400 standing south stand terrace behind the sticks. And if we need it we will just open up the west stand….

It was about listening to fan feedback, they love the east stand and the club house, so that’s what we have give them

Regarding Mick, whilst it’s sad to see him go, mick has a number of projects and worked limited hours (and he will still be around to help, and is a massive fan of the club) the day to day running of the club will carry on as normal by the same people.

we are super excited to see what we can do on our first season back Full Time.

And for information we hope to build on our home crowds which since 2014 has grown from 250 to just 1,100…. Let’s see what we can do this year in the championship 

Thanks 

Jordan 

General Manager 

45 minutes ago, Newcastle Thunder said:

We moved into the west stand last season due to the east stand being totally closed to the public and make a red zone due to covid restrictions

Its not a case of downsizing at all, we have just under 400 seats standing of areas of 800 and then a 2,400 standing south stand terrace behind the sticks. And if we need it we will just open up the west stand….

It was about listening to fan feedback, they love the east stand and the club house, so that’s what we have give them

Regarding Mick, whilst it’s sad to see him go, mick has a number of projects and worked limited hours (and he will still be around to help, and is a massive fan of the club) the day to day running of the club will carry on as normal by the same people.

And for information we hope to build on our home crowds which since 2014 has grown from 250 to just 1,100…. Let’s see what we can do this year in the championship 

I hope this elevates any “worries” 

Thanks 

Jordan 

General Manager 

Good stuff and thanks for the info.

On 10/01/2022 at 20:28, Newcastle Thunder said:

I hope this elevates any “worries” 

Thanks 

Jordan 

General Manager 

Great post. For future reference it’s alleviates, I am not normally so pedantic but the last thing this forum needs is for worries to be elevated! 
Keep up the great work, nice to see Thunder progressing so well.

3 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Great post. For future reference it’s alleviates, I am not normally so pedantic but the last thing this forum needs is for worries to be elevated! 
Keep up the great work, nice to see Thunder progressing so well.

Eliminates - shirley?

Or it may do that if a replacement chairman was announced.

Alleviates will suffice,I suppose.

Pedantics are required for official releases,nowadays.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Eliminates - shirley?

Or it may do that if a replacement chairman was announced.

Alleviates will suffice,I suppose.

Pedantics are required for official releases,nowadays.

Hey! Who are you calling Shirley? 

Archived