Definitely going to Oban for a week.

I desperately want to do France again.

I will be otherwise drinking whisky, wine or beer in much reduced volumes, trying to cook different stuff with a different mindset, keep playing rugby and doing the swimathon in Sept, avoiding speeding fines and losing my sh it watching fev barnsley or partick.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

On my 50th birthday I took my then GF to Lands End, now its 10 years later & for my 60th I want to go to Jon o'Groats in June, if travel restrictions allow. 4 day trip, 16 hour train journey. 

2 minutes ago, CornwallRL said:

On my 50th birthday I took my then GF to Lands End, now its 10 years later & for my 60th I want to go to Jon o'Groats in June, if travel restrictions allow. 4 day trip, 16 hour train journey. 

We did Jo'G first week of January 6 years ago.... if I'd let go of the memsahib she'd have ended up in Bergen!! Wind taken to another level and I'm not talking about my bottyphone

2 hours ago, CornwallRL said:

But how do we detect real zombies from politicians?

The zombies are the ones that are transparent and tell the truth when they speak!

10 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I've only ever used it as a place to catch a ferry from - and will do the same this year as I'm off to run round the coast of Tiree. Be interested to hear about your trip.

Currently pondering a trip to Svalbard. I've been trying to avoid flying in recent years, but I'm not sure I'm up for a long boat trip in the arctic.

59 minutes ago, JonM said:

I've only ever used it as a place to catch a ferry from - and will do the same this year as I'm off to run round the coast of Tiree. Be interested to hear about your trip.

Currently pondering a trip to Svalbard. I've been trying to avoid flying in recent years, but I'm not sure I'm up for a long boat trip in the arctic.

I'd love to go to Svalbard, also looked into the Faroe Islands and Greenland. This year though I'll be restricting travel to Isle of Man and Portsmouth I think. 

10 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'd love to go to Svalbard, also looked into the Faroe Islands and Greenland. This year though I'll be restricting travel to Isle of Man and Portsmouth I think. 

Lazy barsteward  

16 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'd love to go to Svalbard, also looked into the Faroe Islands and Greenland. 

Plenty of your pink footed cousins around at the moment. They'll be heading back that way in April if you wanted to pick up a few tips.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

17 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Sailing to Torshavn through the Faroes archipelago is a fantastic experience. The geology makes for some spectacular sights. Torshavn itself is a charming little place.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 hours ago, Ullman said:

Sailing to Torshavn through the Faroes archipelago is a fantastic experience. The geology makes for some spectacular sights. Torshavn itself is a charming little place.

It looks breathtaking. I'll be going either next year or the year after. I just can't do a lot of foreign travel at the moment due to my lack of monetary funds.

I am adding the Faroes into a trip I am planning around the North Sea:

Train from Hull to London, London to Amsterdam. 2 nights in Amsterdam. Train from Amsterdam to Essen. Spend a day and a night with a friend I have there. Train from Essen to Bremen. 1 night in Bremen. Train from Bremen to Copenhagen. 2 nights in Copenhagen. Train from Copenhagen to Gothenburg. 1 night in Gothenburg. Train from Gothenburg to Oslo. 2 nights in Oslo. 

I'll have to check how to do the next part of the trip cos it might have changed since I last looked but it will either be fly from Oslo to Faroes or train to Bergen, have a couple of nights there and ferry from there to Faroes. 

Then once in the Faroes I'll spend probably 3 days there before either flying to Edinburgh or getting the ferry to the North Coast of Scotland. I'm not sure if that ferry still goes, if it does I'll get that. 

Then train back down to Hull!

It'll be a fantastic trip, like I say though, just not got the funds to do it at the moment. 

55 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'll have to check how to do the next part of the trip cos it might have changed since I last looked but it will either be fly from Oslo to Faroes or train to Bergen, have a couple of nights there and ferry from there to Faroes. 

Train to Bergen is not to be missed - or if you really have to miss it, try to do the Flam-Voss section. A lot more interesting than Oslo, for sure.

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

It looks breathtaking. I'll be going either next year or the year after. I just can't do a lot of foreign travel at the moment due to my lack of monetary funds.

Train from Hull to London, London to Amsterdam. 2 nights in Amsterdam. Train from Amsterdam to Essen. Spend a day and a night with a friend I have there. Train from Essen to Bremen. 1 night in Bremen. Train from Bremen to Copenhagen. 2 nights in Copenhagen. Train from Copenhagen to Gothenburg. 1 night in Gothenburg. Train from Gothenburg to Oslo. 2 nights in Oslo. 

Then once in the Faroes I'll spend probably 3 days there before either flying to Edinburgh or getting the ferry to the North Coast of Scotland. I'm not sure if that ferry still goes, if it does I'll get that. 

It'll be a fantastic trip, like I say though, just not got the funds to do it at the moment. 

Let us know if you make it to Copenhagen.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

18 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Sounds fantastic and I hope you can make it happen sometime. I'd definitely recommend getting the ferry to the Faroes rather than flying. It will take your breath away.

Archived