New Years Honours

Chris22

Rugby League Live have just revealed that a recently retired player will be awarded an MBE in the New Years Honours list.

Tweet was swiftly deleted so anticipate its subject to an embargo. Won't post here yet to avoid getting the site in trouble, but some good news to end the year on later tonight.

3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

It's Jamie Jones.

image.png.190898ac0a6670e6df7b85b8e6f99911.png

Mmmm. Interesting choice. I like JJB, just not sure what he’s done above and beyond others. Happy for him anyway. Still think Sinfield deserves better though.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

14 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well done JJB - what an inspiration he is. Anyone who saw him on BBC breakfast when he was interviewed last month will see how inspirational he is - he nearly had the 2 presenters in tears with his motivational speech.

Well deserved, but Sinfied deserved more recognition, top human. 

I'm all for debate ,but there have been comments on here verging on the nasty on another thread we had those vile things said about Rob Burrow now we are getting it about z down to earth Bramley lad who has was not a bench filler that was a ridiculous thing to say . Actually there was no stand out stars in that team that made it achieve greatness.  Apart from his community work he has other natural talents I.E acting and he will always have a future in the media. 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I don't know Emma but the tributes on the RFL article show she has done a very important job in the background for many decades, making countless peoples' lives better. Frankly a far more important award than any debate about which rugby player was slightly better than another. 

Congratulations to JJB, Emma Rosewarne and Adam Hills for their recognition.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I'm all for debate ,but there have been comments on here verging on the nasty on another thread we had those vile things said about Rob Burrow now we are getting it about z down to earth Bramley lad who has was not a bench filler that was a ridiculous thing to say . Actually there was no stand out stars in that team that made it achieve greatness.  Apart from his community work he has other natural talents I.E acting and he will always have a future in the media. 

I've just filleted out a load of off topic/nasty stuff out of this thread, and removed the other one entirely as it was beyond salvage.

Maybe it's the New Year alcohol that's caused it, but it is a fairly depressing start to 2022 on here, I'll be honest.

Keep this thread about Rugby League people who have received honours. And be kind!

If you want to argue about the honours system in general, or politicians who have got them, do it in the politics sub forum, not in here.

If you want to discuss other non-RL folk or non-politicians who have received gongs, do it in AOB.

If you just want to gratuitously slag off Rugby League players, you're probably on the wrong forum entirely. 

Happy New Year.

16 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Well deserved, but Sinfied deserved more recognition, top human. 

Agreed and yes I think he should be a Sir but he is already an OBE - JJB has been made a MBE which is lower than an OBE but still richly deserved.

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Agreed and yes I think he should be a Sir but he is already an OBE - JJB has been made a MBE which is lower than an OBE but still richly deserved.

Yes no problem with that, more the merrier. 

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

I see that John's words fell on deaf ears....

Indeed.

Various posts removed.

And the individual who failed the comprehension test by completely ignoring my earlier warning has now been banned from the forum.

New Year's Resolution: I'm not mucking about in 2022.

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

I've just filleted out a load of off topic/nasty stuff out of this thread, and removed the other one entirely as it was beyond salvage.

Maybe it's the New Year alcohol that's caused it, but it is a fairly depressing start to 2022 on here, I'll be honest.

Keep this thread about Rugby League people who have received honours. And be kind!

If you want to argue about the honours system in general, or politicians who have got them, do it in the politics sub forum, not in here.

If you want to discuss other non-RL folk or non-politicians who have received gongs, do it in AOB.

If you just want to gratuitously slag off Rugby League players, you're probably on the wrong forum entirely. 

Happy New Year.

Some RL fan’s can’t handle their ale 🍺 and they have to spoil it for the majority. 

Archived