#BeKind

1 hour ago, Dallas Mead said:

A bad start already on this forum to 2022 with general nastiness, let’s just be kind to each other hey guys?  Makes you feel better when you do, promise.

I love Rugby League, let’s all love it together in 2022.

Post of the year so far. :kolobok_clapping:

2 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

A bad start already on this forum to 2022 with general nastiness, let’s just be kind to each other hey guys?  Makes you feel better when you do, promise.

The Greatest Game in the world in my opinion. It’s just a pity most of the U.K. & the world don’t know about RL. But i can always live in hope. 

13 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Where's the fun in that ?

14 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Am I confusing you with the poster who pursued @Sports Prophet as a Fumbleball troll?

Perhaps you`re confusing yourself with another poster. Or turned over a new leaf for New Year.

Jim Bowen would have been popular on here. Every post - "Super, Smashing, Great... Super, Smashing, Great..."

16 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Am I confusing you with the poster who pursued @Sports Prophet as a Fumbleball troll?

Perhaps you`re confusing yourself with another poster. Or turned over a new leaf for New Year.

Jim Bowen would have been popular on here. Every post - "Super, Smashing, Great... Super, Smashing, Great..."

I double took too. But, I am happy to embrace a #BeKind 2022. I hope we all can.

Hope to see you back on the Aussie threads soon.

15 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

But taking out our anger on Wigan fans is what keeps this forum going. Do you really want it to become obsolete? 😁

I’ll start us off for 2022: Shaun Wane, cannonball tackles and salary cap admin errors. Discuss. 

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Desert Skipper said:

But taking out our anger on Wigan fans is what keeps this forum going. Do you really want it to become obsolete? 😁

That’s typical. Another year, another post of people saying Leigh might as well be Wigan 😂

10 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Turned over a new leaf mate.

#BeKind

I had hoped my own first thread started - "Happy New Year Hopes for 2022" was a little positive nudge towards a mature, considered and maybe kinder forum.

Internet forums are occupied by a certain dynamic that if you were to meet their participants in the flesh most would likely be mature, considered and kinder. 

So there really is no reason why here should not be so.

This does not mean embracing  a Disneyesque soporific boosterism for everything. There are oceans of the bad, dubious and inept that needs charting. Criticism should be welcomed.

Like the game itself, we should aspire to be fair, courageous, honest,modern and robust.

I don't know about you, but I am not scared by passion. But I am well aware that such emotions need to be focused and controlled. 

Happy New Year.

3 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

I had hoped my own first thread started - "Happy New Year Hopes for 2022" was a little positive nudge towards a mature, considered and maybe kinder forum.

Internet forums are occupied by a certain dynamic that if you were to meet their participants in the flesh would most likely be mature, considered and kinder. 

This does not mean embracing  a Disneyesque soporific boosterism for everything. There are oceans of the bad, dubious and inept that needs charting. Criticism should be welcomed.

Like the game itself, we should aspire to be fair, courageous, honest,modern and robust.

I don't know about you, but I am not scared by passion. But I am well aware that such emotions need to be focused and controlled. 

Happy New Year.

Couldn't have put it better myself. 👏

4 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Internet forums are occupied by a certain dynamic that if you were to meet their participants in the flesh would most likely be mature, considered and kinder. 

Happy New Year.

Fair , honest ? , So you want the Leeds fans to start shouting " forward " when their quarter back throws a ' hail Mary ' ? 😁

Archived