Barra v Town

Hate the rec

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to the game ! I think it’s a bit of an unknown how the sides will fair in the first game as there are new signings etc to try and gel and also lots of changes in friendly games but I’m hoping for a good game with no injures, I think Barrow will win but should be a close game. See yous Sunday ✌️

Sure in an interview I seen a few weeks ago town and haven agreed on set number of subs? To make it more of competitive game. So I'm assuming both town and barrow will field everyone they have available which never makes for a good spectacle. But it's what pre season fixtures are all about

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

Sure in an interview I seen a few weeks ago town and haven agreed on set number of subs? To make it more of competitive game. So I'm assuming both town and barrow will field everyone they have available which never makes for a good spectacle. But it's what pre season fixtures are all about

Be lucky if haven have 17 players the 6 overseas players haven't arrived yet

What is the situation re friendlies.

Is it reduced admission, are many travelling from Town, believe Scott was hoping to run a coach,but not sure if that is happening.

Split gate but how does that work 60/40 to the  home team because of the overheads. They get all catering revenues so maybe not.

If a good crowd like they got last year it could be a useful boost to town early season.

Prediction being a realist 28 to 20 to Barra, but no injuries and good aquad run out before the Ike game is more important than the score.

22 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

What is the situation re friendlies.

Is it reduced admission, are many travelling from Town, believe Scott was hoping to run a coach,but not sure if that is happening.

Split gate but how does that work 60/40 to the  home team because of the overheads. They get all catering revenues so maybe not.

If a good crowd like they got last year it could be a useful boost to town early season.

Prediction being a realist 28 to 20 to Barra, but no injuries and good aquad run out before the Ike game is more important than the score.

Think Town will struggle against Barrow, Cresta as usual got himself a good squad put together for the new season,  Town will struggle this season, defiantly short of a couple of big forwards to take the team forward, another big loss in my view is young Marwood, i liked him a lot, should have had more field time. 

10 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Any team news ? Have we any players out with covid ? 

Usually every fit squad member and trialist are used, it's more about getting a feel for the contact side again and looking at new players, the weather and COVID will play a big part in these games and through the next month or two. 

11 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Any team news ? Have we any players out with covid ? 

Be a larl bit easier if we knew who was signed on! How many players have been announced? I was told we had 27 signed on ages ago and I don't think we've announced them all unless I've missed summat 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

23 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Be a larl bit easier if we knew who was signed on! How many players have been announced? I was told we had 27 signed on ages ago and I don't think we've announced them all unless I've missed summat 

27 players on squad list on the website, all apart from Elliot have a sponsor highlighted for 2022. It’s really strange how we have had so little info, last year there was clips and photos from training and interviews with Chris etc. 

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

27 players on squad list on the website, all apart from Elliot have a sponsor highlighted for 2022. It’s really strange how we have had so little info, last year there was clips and photos from training and interviews with Chris etc. 

Cheers for that 👍 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

A message from Gary McKeating our Communications Manager. 

‘You are obviously noticing interviews and photographs from training have been less over the last couple of weeks.

This is due to the rise of omicron and a decision taken to further limit staff and directors at training for a limited time in the interest of safety and to try and ensure training and planning for the season is not impacted by the dramatic rise in infections. The vast majority of the country is being affected and having to reduce activity so please bear with us and your understanding   would be appreciated. I’ll be looking to do an interview with Chris today to give an update and a preview.

Archived