Premier Sports

Yorkie-Girl

2 hours ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

I am thinking about signing up for Premier Sports TV.  Any thoughts, comments, advice welcome please.

been told you can watch it on amazon prime free if you,ve got it  , must check it out

3 hours ago, Nearenough said:

ive just had a look on my prime account........but sadly it says PS aint free its a £15/mo add on. so wont bother with that then!

Yes like you won't bother , but will get it with the code from the knights.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

If you're a season ticket holder they send you one 

Thanks George. I'll wait and see if they send anything out and if not I'll drop them a line.

Edited by JonT

20 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Think I'll just pay the £80.

Probably far easier and the club get a cut of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Posts removed.

Do not post links to illegal streaming services on this website, under any circumstances. 

This is not up for debate. Bans will follow if this warning is not heeded. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Wiggyroad said:

I said this from when it was first announced. I still say it won't work long term and once again for me it is another game I won't be able to attend.My season ticket is a waste of time and I won't renew it next season 

Yep. Got season tickets for me, my dad, the wife and the kids. 

Evening games on a school night mean kids can't come, which means the other half can't come. Second time this has happened. Plus my dad is in mid 80s so couldn't go to the last evening game as he couldn't have stood the cold. 

Pretty cheesed off with this if I'm honest, having stumped up the 500 quid to support the club. How are they supporting us in return?

5 hours ago, JonT said:

Yep. Got season tickets for me, my dad, the wife and the kids. 

Evening games on a school night mean kids can't come, which means the other half can't come. Second time this has happened. Plus my dad is in mid 80s so couldn't go to the last evening game as he couldn't have stood the cold. 

Pretty cheesed off with this if I'm honest, having stumped up the 500 quid to support the club. How are they supporting us in return?

Not the clubs fault though is it , the RFL agreed to Prem sports covering these matches and I doubt the club has any say on which night these games are played.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Not the clubs fault though is it , the RFL agreed to Prem sports covering these matches and I doubt the club has any say on which night these games are played.

Absolutely. But i would say that it is even less the fault of supporters.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:

I said this from when it was first announced. I still say it won't work long term and once again for me it is another game I won't be able to attend.My season ticket is a waste of time and I won't renew it next season 

I’ve heard this from quite a few people. There’s a huge season ticket culture in rugby league which I don’t think you see in many sports - it’s a reason why come the challenge cup or super league playoffs crowds are so poor. Miss 3 matches and it works out the same to have just paid on the gate.

There’s a few things clubs at this level can do:

1. Ignore it and hope it goes away. A dangerous thing to do, this issue will keep returning especially if premier sports (or another broadcaster) shows live games.

2. Sunday only season tickets. If a club estimates 75% of matches will be on a Sunday, sell a season ticket for 75% of the full price.

3. Flexible season tickets. Again charge 75% of the full price and you can pick and choose which games you go to.

4. Good egg/charitable season tickets 😅 I think we are quite a generous/charitable bunch at the Knights, why not have the ability to donate your seat for a match you can’t make to someone who’s struggling or on a low income or to a charity. They get your seat for the match, you get your smiley face all over the clubs social media eg this weeks Knights hero is Joe Bloggs for donating his seat to menfulness (the charity O’Hagan works with).

5. Make season tickets more exclusive. In SL most clubs make season tickets more than just a card to get into the match - discounts in the club shop year round, discounts with local businesses (surely city cruises would be willing to give 10% off to season ticket holders), money off bus travel on match days (ticks the green box), exclusive events like new shirt unveiling for ST holders only before everyone else gets to see it. At the minute it’s just a card you swipe to get into the ground, it could and should be a lot more. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:

Let's hope we never get into Super League then.

2 hours ago, DEANO said:

Something else to consider is that the last time we were televised it was a tenner to get in

A tenner away at fax would be great ,  Batley at home doesn't effect me but the reduction would surely attract a few of the fickle supporters

• Like 2