Huddersfield friendly

creditwhereitsdews

Looking forward to this game, if it goes ahead of course.

Does anyone know why it's kicking off on a Saturday at 1pm?
I notice Thornhill v the RAF in the Challenge Cup kicks off at 1.30pm the same day, which is a bit of a pity as I'm sure quite a few RL-starved fans would like to attend both games.
A double-header at the Tetley's Stadium would have made a great start to the new year.

Maybe it’s a 1pm ko on a Saturday so the players can go out after for a few drinks and no work next day. I’m looking forward to the game,I hope it’s a good turn out for Knowlsey as he certainly deserves it as he’s been a great servant to the game. Hopefully see all there a week on Saturday.

22 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Maybe it’s a 1pm ko on a Saturday so the players can go out after for a few drinks and no work next day. I’m looking forward to the game,I hope it’s a good turn out for Knowlsey as he certainly deserves it as he’s been a great servant to the game. Hopefully see all there a week on Saturday.

We won't need to switch on the floodlights!

Kerching!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Well i've got my refund from the Batley debacle.What's thepoint of getting tickets early .Things are getting worse .How can the clubs say the game will definitely be on. They can't.

18 hours ago, silcoates said:

Well i've got my refund from the Batley debacle.What's thepoint of getting tickets early .Things are getting worse .How can the clubs say the game will definitely be on. They can't.

I think the thing to remember is we are talking about Dewsbury Rams & Batley Bulldogs who rely upon volunteer's, not Amazon.

We bought tickets and have now had refunds because it didn't go ahead (eventually).

Both clubs are run on shoe strings and totally rely upon us, that's the pleasure of counting ourselves as fans!

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

4 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

I think the thing to remember is we are talking about Dewsbury Rams & Batley Bulldogs who rely upon volunteer's, not Amazon.

We bought tickets and have now had refunds because it didn't go ahead (eventually).

Both clubs are run on shoe strings and totally rely upon us, that's the pleasure of counting ourselves as fans!

Well said. Some people seem to think there are a bunch of magic pixies making things happen on their behalf.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well said. Some people seem to think there are a bunch of magic pixies making things happen on their behalf.

We're a couple of pixies down this week due to covid🤔

So the magic will take slightly longer🤔🤣🤣

On 07/01/2022 at 10:11, Hugh Jarce said:

Not the usual tripe you post HJ, you still fresh from New Years eve?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 08/01/2022 at 10:38, Piggy's mate said:

Not the usual tripe you post HJ, you still fresh from New Years eve?

Common sense got the better of me.......I won't let it happen again! 😉

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

I have no idea what the Dewsbury lineup  will be (I have see Huddersfield’s 26 man squad), so I’ll stick with my Boxing Day thoughts:

1 Harry Copley (squad number 25)

2 Andy Gabriel

3 Adam Ryder

4 Davey Dixon

5 Lewis Carr

6 Alex Smith

7 Matty Beharrell

8 Jimmy Beckett

9 Reiss Butterworth 

10 Harry Kidd

11 Chris Annakin (13)

12 Michael Knowles 

13 Jackson Walker (26)

14 Dom Speakman

15 Aaron Hall (20)

16 Jordan Schofield 

17 Ross Peltier

That then leaves the likes of Brad Graham, Ollie Greensmith, Jake Sweeting (another trialist fullback?), Jason Walton and Jon Magrin to be used  

Dale Ferguson and Keenen Tomlinson must sit out this one ad they are suspended for one match. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

I have no idea what the Dewsbury lineup  will be (I have see Huddersfield’s 26 man squad), so I’ll stick with my Boxing Day thoughts:

1 Harry Copley (squad number 25)

2 Andy Gabriel

3 Adam Ryder

4 Davey Dixon

5 Lewis Carr

6 Alex Smith

7 Matty Beharrell

8 Jimmy Beckett

9 Reiss Butterworth 

10 Harry Kidd

11 Chris Annakin (13)

12 Michael Knowles 

13 Jackson Walker (26)

14 Dom Speakman

15 Aaron Hall (20)

16 Jordan Schofield 

17 Ross Peltier

That then leaves the likes of Brad Graham, Ollie Greensmith, Jake Sweeting (another trialist fullback?), Jason Walton and Jon Magrin to be used  

Dale Ferguson and Keenen Tomlinson must sit out this one ad they are suspended for one match. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Paul Sykes make a cameo appearance given that it is Nozza's benefit game.

From what I saw today the lads did good and we should be filled with hope for a decent season. 

Ref donned his giants shirt in the second half and the score didn't reflect the effort shown by our lads. 

Giants only missing Farge looked relegation fodder next season and I'm quite sure Huddersfield won't get into the 40's this season. 

Happy today with the effort shown by all our lads

Roll on Friday under lights

The best way to watch rugby league❤️❤️

Bravo the lads👏👏👏👏👏👏

Thought it was a really good performance. Defensively really good up to last 15 minutes when full-time SL conditioning, their 26 players and lack of possession told. 

Thought the halves did well with Sweeting looking very useful. And what a goal kicker! Attack was a bit harder to judge due to Huddersfield line speed, but feeling confident we will do a bit better than last season. But I may have said that before😁 

Good to see Walton back and Knowles put in a stint and a half on defence. Great crowd for a friendly and hope Knowles made some decent money out of it.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Thought it was a really good performance. Defensively really good up to last 15 minutes when full-time SL conditioning, their 26 players and lack of possession told. 

Thought the halves did well with Sweeting looking very useful. And what a goal kicker! Attack was a bit harder to judge due to Huddersfield line speed, but feeling confident we will do a bit better than last season. But I may have said that before😁 

Good to see Walton back and Knowles put in a stint and a half on defence. Great crowd for a friendly and hope Knowles made some decent money out of it.

Good game,we can take a lot of positives from it as well. A few players stood out for me none more so than Alex Smith in the halves,good to see him fit,let’s hope it stays like that. Like you say it was a good turnout for Knozza,only downside for me was hearing that Huddersfield claiming half of the takings.

Entertaining match with, as Coolie said, the referee showing a little favouritism towards Huddersfield, e.g. they were allowed a quick tap, but we were denied one and he seemed to find little reasons to penalise us, but let Huddersfield get away with them. 

I thought we did okay defensively, but still allowed the ball carrier to move forward and then release the ball, with players dangling from him. Things seemed to turn in the Giants’ favour when the fog lifted, they brought on their youngsters when we were tiring and then they threw the ball around, catching us napping out wide (as in seasons past). I heard a comment from a Fartown fan behind me who noticed the same. 

Saw some nice play from the halves and both sides had plenty of tactical kicking ideas, just unfortunate that theirs mostly came to fruition, but ours tended to fail on most occasions. I have said before that I knew nothing of Sweeting, so it was a big surprise to me to see such quality goal kicking produced by him. 

I’m afraid it looks like we do need a full back though. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, coolie said:

I wonder if Sweeting will get the gig at fullback🤔

No burrehl yesterday and expect him to start so 3 into 2 doesn't go

I know Carr as done fullback

But what about Dixon🤔

Thought Davey looked pretty solid on defence yesterday.   

Archived