Interesting news from FEV

tms

On 04/01/2022 at 21:40, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Personally I think players should not be allowed to play on dual registration in the play offs. Imagine if Leeds players helped Featherstone gain promotion to Super League, how can that be justified?

I'm against dual reg full stop, all it breeds is a false health check of the game.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/01/2022 at 21:40, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Personally I think players should not be allowed to play on dual registration in the play offs. Imagine if Leeds players helped Featherstone gain promotion to Super League, how can that be justified?

Or Leigh after using Saints players.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Are you contradicting what I was told Sweaty?

Let's say someone from the club, that is as much as you are getting.

Thornley was signed in May, a time we hadn’t won a game but had been given the nod that there would be no relegation so why fill the team up with Championship players again plus Bell?

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Thornley was signed in May, a time we hadn’t won a game but had been given the nod that there would be no relegation so why fill the team up with Championship players again plus Bell?

Who gave the "nod" Sweaty? I think it was more in hope than anything else, I never considered for one moment that there would be no relegation, there was never ever going to be an increase in the 12 club's to compete in SL because of the reduction in funding and it would not have been right to stop promotion, so P&R would always be the obvious and correct choice.

And there are/were 5 SL coaches who considered these player's are of SL quality, of which one was our present coach Mr Lam in the case of Thornley.

20 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Nobody gave a nod. Pure fantasy.

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Goes without saying Rover.

I personally don't agree with DR and lot of other Rovers fans don't but no amount of crying/ moaning/ whinging call it what you will is going to change the minds of the clubs doing it, it is what it is.

49 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

What's fans thoughts on Dewsbury and Hull KR , and Wigan and Newcastle's DR partnership's?

Same as for every teams partnerships - I’m against dual reg & I oppose the loan system for same reason - If you claim to be a serious candidate for a Super League/Championship place you have to be able to play your own players not someone else’s! It does distort the league table. Clubs need to make their case for promotion to Super League/Championship on their own players merits not by fielding players in their match day squad from a team a division higher than them.

Archived