Knights v Midlands Hurricanes

White Knight

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed live R L again , despite the scoreline ( 46 _ 6 ) this was a very competitive match with over a thousand there on a very cold night , impressed with the halfbacks who were superb together , defense was miles better than last year some very promising younger players stepping up to championship level , fingers crossed very optimistic signs for this season.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

A good pre season hit out to blow away the cobwebs. Butterworth looks a prospect he is still very raw Iโ€™m Sure Fordy can get the best out of him. For me Jordan Thompson looked a class act making good yardage and breaking the line.

Overall a good hit out looking forward to the Cas game.

decent turn out last night....bloomin cold when ur sittin not standin, but hey ho thats progress for ya!

ย 

very promising first run out for the new look knights. mids looked well drilled and tidy but we comfortably had the upper hand all night as we should have with our set up.

big plusses for harris who was justifiiaby MOM with some bright runs and steps, he played with freedom but also purpose which was great to see.

thompson was another to catch the eye, lots of effort and some v decent runs, hes a class act and a very positive player to have in a york shirt

glover, ogden and matongo all looked at home and up for the task in hand, and it was great to see oakes back, he looked sharp as did butterworth.

of the young lads harrison looked assured and towse was very busy and solid. brad ward the young lad on trial also deserves a mention as he looks one for the future.

That's the disappointing thing now.We never get the attendance announced like we used to. It's all part of been a supporter knowing the attendance.ย 

Since the ticketing system changed at this stadium we get to know very little on this subjectย 

26 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

That's the disappointing thing now.We never get the attendance announced like we used to. It's all part of been a supporter knowing the attendance.ย 

Since the ticketing system changed at this stadium we get to know very little on this subjectย 

On the subject of the ticketing system, did anyone else have a problem with their tickets to get in? I ordered online and none of the tickets had a barcode on the PDF for entry so I had to get a steward to let me in. Bought a ticket for each of the games in January and none of them say which match theyโ€™re for or have the barcode on so Iโ€™m going to have to get them sorted before the next games. The online system is bad enough as it is without having what youโ€™ve paid for been basically faulty.ย 

This stadium management company really need to pull their finger out now, theyโ€™ve had long enough to sort any issues, itโ€™s almost like theyโ€™re trying to cause the Knights problems. ย 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |ย Leaflets |ย Cards |ย Banners & Flagsย |ย Letterheads |ย Tickets |ย Magazines |ย Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCย & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

11 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:

You only have to look at the man behind the system to know it will be a constant nightmare. He is not to be trusted. Just ask our friends at the football club.I am still surprised the knights let him have anything to do with them

Don't think we have a lot of choice , that's the worrying aspect .

Itโ€™s great to see players out wide who can create overlaps and chances but equally look safe as houses in defence. Oakes and โ€˜Lurpakโ€™ look really solid players and itโ€™s what weโ€™ve needed for a while, previous wingers have been exciting in attack but turnstiles in defence. Teanby looks to be carrying on where he left off, Thompson played well, Kriss back to his nippy self and hope he can stay injury free because heโ€™s a great player at this level. Plenty chances created by our halves and the young uns did well too.ย 
ย 

The lack of attendance figures is disappointing, the football crowd get theirs given every match. I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s just petty by the SMG or something else. My estimate was 1100 ish.ย 

19 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

On the subject of the ticketing system, did anyone else have a problem with their tickets to get in? I ordered online and none of the tickets had a barcode on the PDF for entry so I had to get a steward to let me in. Bought a ticket for each of the games in January and none of them say which match theyโ€™re for or have the barcode on so Iโ€™m going to have to get them sorted before the next games. The online system is bad enough as it is without having what youโ€™ve paid for been basically faulty.ย 

This stadium management company really need to pull their finger out now, theyโ€™ve had long enough to sort any issues, itโ€™s almost like theyโ€™re trying to cause the Knights problems. ย 

Mine was fine mate. Did you try putting yours in rice?

Jason Bass Fan Club -ย member #001

12 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

Gonna be any highlights?

https://yorkcityknights.com/club/match-highlights-knights-46-6-midlands-hurricanes/

Programmes |ย Leaflets |ย Cards |ย Banners & Flagsย |ย Letterheads |ย Tickets |ย Magazines |ย Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCย & Hunslet RLFC

9 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Maybe he was poorly!

Pauli Pauli wasn't poorly poorly, saw him at the ground.

20 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

I thought Pauli Pauli was meant to play on Friday night.Was he another player isolated by covid

He was on the touchline with fordy before K O so can't be covid , hopefully we'll see him in action against casย 

1 hour ago, Wiggyroad said:

I thought Pauli Pauli was meant to play on Friday night.Was he another player isolated by covid

Didn't play Friday according to Fordy he wouldn't have got anything out of the game and certainly more positives than negatives came out of the game

3 hours ago, Puk said:

Didn't play Friday according to Fordy he wouldn't have got anything out of the game and certainly more positives than negatives came out of the game

Eveyone knows what Pauli can do and it probably makes sense to play a trialist and a young player against a League 1 side to see what they can do.

10 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Eveyone knows what Pauli can do and it probably makes sense to play a trialist and a young player against a League 1 side to see what they can do.

True, young Warren needs as many run outs as he can get, he's a lad who's got a big future ahead of him and this is the kind of game he needs.

On 10/01/2022 at 18:31, Puk said:

Fordy's post match always on BBC Radio York Sport twitter account after games.ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

Archived