Lord Derby Cup shock amendments

RS

FFR XIII have done away with the round to be played and eliminated all teams not in ties involving Elite 1 teams inc the Elite 2 teams VARL, Carpentras, Gratentour, Entraigues and Salon. 

Strange times call for strange outcomes but I’m not sure of the rationale behind this (their obviously will be a reason)

Remaining fixtures for the next Round 

CARCASSONNE XIII vs LÉZIGNAN
VILLEFRANCHE vs SAINT-GAUDENS
ILLE vs SAINT-ESTÈVE XIII CATALAN
LESCURE vs TOULOUSE OLYMPIQUE
PAMIERS vs ALBI
BAHO vs LIMOUX
TONNEINS vs VILLENEUVE XIII
PIA vs AVIGNON

Rod - you could well see both Carcassonne sides gone Carcassonne XIII Elite 1 and their reserves Villegailhenc.VARL one of the best in Elite 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

I wouldn't be sure there will be a reason!!!! They should have just said elite 1 and 2 carry on in the cup with a draw for a round  to take it from 20 teams to 16. 

The clubs aren't happy! This could be the worst federation that's ever been in place and that's saying something! No communication and no idea!!! 

Ferrals received a phone call asking if they wanted to still be in the cup, they said yes, an hour later they see the announcement on Facebook that 17 clubs are eliminated. 

RL is the only sport to have taken a break for COVID in France 

48 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I can understand the frustration however personally i think its a sensible decision at present, the president is completely dedicated to overhauling and adding teams to both Elite 1 and 2.

Paul

I hope so, he needs to find a team of helpers to back him up and do their jobs!!! The 9s fiasco at the beginning of the season, no communication to the clubs, messing up the draw (if there was a draw) regional games after the first round of the cup, with a floor plan up to the quarter finals so no draw, 14 teams being  left in the last 16 ! 

Forgetting to run the u19s cup competition, increasing signing on fees even though the kids haven't played for 2 years but having  still paid the signing on fees to the federation for the two seasons , 100 euros minimum per player, 

Rule changes coming in the week before the season starts including numbers of substitutions etc, kids being called up to the French junior teams but not receiving a letter or mail and finding out via Facebook, and the wrong dates and times being announced for the get together, 

Stopping the season for a month for lower leagues and kids even though other fédérations haven't, but letting the feminine have a magic weekend with all the teams and the same ground and  one elite 2 game being played but asking elite 1 teams to cancel theirs. 

Asking présidents of clubs if they want to continue in the cup with the club presidents saying yes then finding out on Facebook an hour later that they're eliminate without playing. 

Clubs recieving the disciplinary decisions on  Friday or sometimes  not recieving them at all. Finding out the club  have a player suspended by telephone from a mate of a bloke on the discipline committee but not getting confirmation until 2 days later. 

Starting the u15s and u17s league in November after not playing for a couple of years and leaving them to organise tournaments between themselves from September until November. 

I could go on !!!!!

41 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I hope so, he needs to find a team of helpers to back him up and do their jobs!!! The 9s fiasco at the beginning of the season, no communication to the clubs, messing up the draw (if there was a draw) regional games after the first round of the cup, with a floor plan up to the quarter finals so no draw, 14 teams being  left in the last 16 ! 

Forgetting to run the u19s cup competition, increasing signing on fees even though the kids haven't played for 2 years but having  still paid the signing on fees to the federation for the two seasons , 100 euros minimum per player, 

Rule changes coming in the week before the season starts including numbers of substitutions etc, kids being called up to the French junior teams but not receiving a letter or mail and finding out via Facebook, and the wrong dates and times being announced for the get together, 

Stopping the season for a month for lower leagues and kids even though other fédérations haven't, but letting the feminine have a magic weekend with all the teams and the same ground and  one elite 2 game being played but asking elite 1 teams to cancel theirs. 

Asking présidents of clubs if they want to continue in the cup with the club presidents saying yes then finding out on Facebook an hour later that they're eliminate without playing. 

Clubs recieving the disciplinary decisions on  Friday or sometimes  not recieving them at all. Finding out the club  have a player suspended by telephone from a mate of a bloke on the discipline committee but not getting confirmation until 2 days later. 

Starting the u15s and u17s league in November after not playing for a couple of years and leaving them to organise tournaments between themselves from September until November. 

I could go on !!!!!

To be fair Barnyia the problem is the structure underneath the president which is weak and with as usual persons with self interest at the top of their agenda.

Changes i am certain will be brought in.

Paul

As I said he needs to improve the group he has, or his list, Patrick pedrazzani is doing a great job but he was from another list, some of the president's group who where elected have not been seen or heard of since. 

Archived