RLWC 2025 France

Announcement on 11 January with PM Castex, Lacoste and IRL President Troy Grant: https://www.ffr13.fr/la-france-organisera-la-coupe-du-monde-de-rugby-a-xiii-en-2025/

L'Independant suggesting a 60 million budget, 40 towns/cities to play host and 4 concurrent tournaments (Men's, Women's, Wheelchair & Youth).

Great news that it finally appears to be over the line and let's hope this can be the catalyst which takes Catalans' and TO's respective successes outwards into the country. Would also be an opportune moment for the FFR to professionalise. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Announcement on 11 January with PM Castex, Lacoste and IRL President Troy Martin: https://www.ffr13.fr/la-france-organisera-la-coupe-du-monde-de-rugby-a-xiii-en-2025/

L'Independant suggesting a 60 million budget, 40 towns/cities to play host and 4 concurrent tournaments (Men's, Women's, Wheelchair & Youth)

I’ve seen the ‘hosting budget’ for 2021 quoted at £40 million, does this mean a considerable increase for 2025 or wouldn’t these be exactly comparable?  

2 hours ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Announcement on 11 January with PM Castex, Lacoste and IRL President Troy Martinhttps://www.ffr13.fr/la-france-organisera-la-coupe-du-monde-de-rugby-a-xiii-en-2025/

L'Independant suggesting a 60 million budget, 40 towns/cities to play host and 4 concurrent tournaments (Men's, Women's, Wheelchair & Youth).

Great news that it finally appears to be over the line and let's hope this can be the catalyst which takes Catalans' and TO's respective successes outwards into the country. Would also be an opportune moment for the FFR to professionalise. 

Troy Martin?  Isn't his name Troy Grant?

That aside, this sounds like great news and a WC I definitely plan on attending, as many matches as possible!

It`s good to see a youth tournament included in there. It would be great to see countries like Serbia and other countries that don`t have a team competing in the open`s tournament but have a youth set-up be able to have the opportunity to have at least some representation at the WC. Good for the game in countries like that.

A huge part of getting the French Government to invest in the 2025 Rugby League World Cup has been driven by Australian's like Troy Grant and coaches and senior officials in the NRL, so don't worry, everyone's engaged down here.

The investment that's been able to be secured is huge and is credit to those involved. 

It's exciting that there will be a 16 team Women's, Wheelchair & Youth event running concurrently with the Men's, which will help fast track those areas of the code.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

23 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

A huge part of getting the French Government to invest in the 2025 Rugby League World Cup has been driven by Australian's like Troy Grant and coaches and senior officials in the NRL, so don't worry, everyone's engaged down here.

Yes only so they can palm it off on France so they dont have to host it. Either way its good that it is going to a nation who actually wants to host it and will put some effort into it.

9 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

40 locations. Excellent. Wonder if they will all be in the south or spread around? 

I'd expect at least one game and probably a double header in Paris with Lens also on the list.

Off hand I'd say opening game (at least) in Paris with final in Toulouse?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

5 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I wonder if the Aussies will look on a map to see where France is then decide to play a few club friendlys instead 🤔 .

In the '50, '60 and '70 they knew perfectly where is France ... their elders will explain the way !

13 hours ago, Damien said:

Yes only so they can palm it off on France so they dont have to host it. Either way its good that it is going to a nation who actually wants to host it and will put some effort into it.

The number of high profile Australians who have gotten behind this is yes a reflection of their knowledge that it is a hard sell in Australia and a successful tournament in other countries, especially countries of high renown like France will only add to the chance of it being a success when we do have it down here.

It was Wayne Bennett who made the initial visit to the French consulate in Sydney with Troy Grant after he, Bennett, had advised Grant on what a successful tournament might entail. I believe Robinson was consulted as well, neither anti-internationalists you would have to agree.

Any way all good and it is great news. Good day and I mean it.

Archived