Leigh v Haven, date change, then changed back

dkw

Just reading about leigh putting their first match back to Sunday due to stadium availability.

This is after Haven agreed initially to change it from that same Sunday to Saturday, meaning players and staff had to get shift changes etc to accommodate.

So now they have to change it all again, and they are struggling to find an available physio. Haven appealed it but the RFL ruled in Leighs favour. 

I mean, that's pretty harsh isn't it, surely it should be the prerogative of the team that's agreed the initial change to decide on this.

The RFL do themselves no favours at times.

Disgraceful - but it is rugby league.

Fixtures are arranged before they are published - in November?

No information of a possible change while the Appeal is being considered.

Must be part of the independent panel that considered Leigh Super League Ready.

Supporters aren't considered - seems players are viewed in the same way.

A couple of weeks notice to change things.

A sport like no other...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

40 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Disgraceful - but it is rugby league.

Fixtures are arranged before they are published - in November?

No information of a possible change while the Appeal is being considered.

Must be part of the independent panel that considered Leigh Super League Ready.

Supporters aren't considered - seems players are viewed in the same way.

A couple of weeks notice to change things.

A sport like no other...

When fixtures first published it was a Sunday game. Then Leigh asked for the change to Saturday. Seems they have a wedding booked now so want to play Sunday. Rugby league agree with them threw Whitehavens appeal out. Means number of players having to rearrange shifts. Three buses booked have to change. I was going down Saturday and staying in Manchester. Can’t make it on Sunday now as made other arrangements after it was changed to Saturday. Takes the biscuit a wedding comes before rugby. 

45 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

When fixtures first published it was a Sunday game. Then Leigh asked for the change to Saturday. Seems they have a wedding booked now so want to play Sunday. Rugby league agree with them threw Whitehavens appeal out. Means number of players having to rearrange shifts. Three buses booked have to change. I was going down Saturday and staying in Manchester. Can’t make it on Sunday now as made other arrangements after it was changed to Saturday. Takes the biscuit a wedding comes before rugby. 

It's ridiculous isn't it, how on earth the RFL ruled against Havens appeal is beyond me.

17 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's ridiculous isn't it, how on earth the RFL ruled against Havens appeal is beyond me.

And it won’t be long before there is a thread with the Leigh fans claiming that they are picked on and don’t get anything from the RFL

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The perils of not owning/controlling your venue 

I always thought that the Centurions were No2 in the pecking order behind Man U women, but is this correct that a wedding is now taking preference? It really suits me and I suspect quite a lot of other fans that it will be on Sunday and I should imagine the attendance will be better than on a Sat afternoon, but I would be miffed if arrangements had already been made to accommodate an already changed schedule.

39 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I always thought that the Centurions were No2 in the pecking order behind Man U women, but is this correct that a wedding is now taking preference? It really suits me and I suspect quite a lot of other fans that it will be on Sunday and I should imagine the attendance will be better than on a Sat afternoon, but I would be miffed if arrangements had already been made to accommodate an already changed schedule.

Must be a shotgun wedding if it’s changed again at this late stage.

It really is ridiculous & does the games image absolutely no favours.

18 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And there I was thinking London Broncos were the team who played at a Wedding Venue 😂

Don't remember them having to move a fixture for some Nuptials...

I'm sure this is the second time Leigh have had to move a fixture date because of a wedding?

Or was it that they just had to close a section of the ground?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

I'm sure this is the second time Leigh have had to move a fixture date because of a wedding?

Or was it that they just had to close a section of the ground?

I'm not sure if you're being intentionally facetious but I think that was actually Wigan 😅

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I'm not sure if you're being intentionally facetious but I think that was actually Wigan 😅

I mean, they are quite easy to mix up what with them both playing in Wigan and wearing red and white hoops but, yes, that was an entirely accidental error on my part.

Genuinely. I'm not smart enough to do it on purpose.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

So this is because the facilities are booked for a wedding? That's ridiculous, Leigh must have known that for months, so they mistakenly asked for a date change initially? 

Just makes the RFL's decision even more wrong.

Very harsh take on this from our community on here.  Remember, we have to consider the young couple who are having their dream wedding at Leigh Sports Village come true.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Griff said:

Of the wedding ?

I'd have thought the wedding would have been booked before the fixtures , with the LSV of course , so between them and the club something might have got mixed up , only guessing of course 

And for Tommy , yes the LSV is a wedding venue , my son got married there last year , don't Headingley have them ? , Good money earner

Archived