West Wales Raiders - laughing stock

A positive start to the day…

Only one player gets announced, not two, and they use the term ‘fly-half’ to promote him.

Today they make a joke of their ‘mistake’.

A lot of people in Wales getting frustrated with this club being run in amateur fashion. 

P.S. Still no head coach, just three-assistants, one of which doesn’t have a rugby league coaching badge of any level. 

I find it hard to have a go at what is likely a volunteer at a part time club, most likely one whose knowledge of Rugby League is limited at best. 

Mistakes happen, they’ve acknowledged it and made a bit of a joke about themselves too, so fair play for that. 

• Like 23

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I find it hard to have a go at what is likely a volunteer at a part time club, most likely one whose knowledge of Rugby League is limited at best. 

Mistakes happen, they’ve acknowledged it and made a bit of a joke about themselves too, so fair play for that. 

It is a volunteer, I accept that and can understand that. However the same volunteer is the club owner… a bit like Beaumont tweeting for Leigh. 

You’d think the owner of a rugby league club would have a greater grasp of rugby league terminology.

• Like 1

Just now, welshmagpie said:

It is a volunteer, I accept that and can understand that. However the same volunteer is the club owner… a bit like Beaumont tweeting for Leigh. 

You’d think the owner of a rugby league club would have a greater grasp of rugby league terminology.

That’s not a given, really. You only need to look at Beaumont as evidence of that. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

It is a volunteer, I accept that and can understand that. However the same volunteer is the club owner… a bit like Beaumont tweeting for Leigh

Even these mistakes are better than the bit in bold

Come on

These guys ate carrying the flag for our sport

Even union is struggling in south wales with really poor attendances so the fact that the raiders are still there is pretty amazing 

• Like 17

4 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Only one player gets announced, not two, and they use the term ‘fly-half’ to promote him.

A lot of people in Wales getting frustrated with this club being run in amateur fashion. 

P.S. Still no head coach, just three-assistants, one of which doesn’t have a rugby league coaching badge of any level. 

Why have they no head coach yet? 

They are a Rugby League club in very much a Rugby Union area, I’m sure the vast majority at the club will have a Union background, if we are to have expansion clubs mistakes like this are bound to happen, I don’t see it as a big deal.

England Rugby League announced their squad last year with several players names spelt incorrectly, that’s poor, this is an honest mistake. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

At lg1 level these clubs do rely on volunteers- rather than slate them why don't you offer your services to them and give them a hand?

• Like 6

14 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Who  is this "lot of people"?  Evidence?

Are you independent? Should you declare an interest?

12 hours ago, langpark said:

Wow, talk about nitpicking.  Welsh Magpie clearly has an agenda here.  Probably a personal beef with the owner of the club.

Or he may just be an individual who cares about how the sport is being portrayed and how let down supporters may be.

Expecting a scintilla of professionalism from a sports club - described as semi-professional isn't expecting too much.Then again,the rugby league club has diversified into linking with horse racing,boxing,and soccer in recent years and had more head coach changes than years in league 1.

I just hope the OP hasn't attempted to purchase replica shirts and leisurewear...

Then he will have something to complain about and feel like a loser and have a personal beef...Oh,and have an agenda.

Remain silent and know your place.This is the elite sport of rugby league...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

At lg1 level these clubs do rely on volunteers- rather than slate them why don't you offer your services to them and give them a hand?

Have done, they couldn’t keep to simple deadlines. Three years ago I offered to produce a graphic for the team-list and the final and half-time score but needed the former and latter to be text to me if I wasn’t at the game (live 5 hours away and only make 2/3 home games) 

All I’d get on a Sunday is… “sorry mate, we forgot!”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Who  is this "lot of people"?  Evidence?

Are you independent? Should you declare an interest?

Fully independent, have played junior and senior RL in South Wales. Am a level 2 coach and know many current and former Raiders players well. Trust me when I say, things aren’t good down there and many ex-players and people in South Wales RL are disgruntled because they know Raiders have an excellent opportunity that is being wasted by poor management.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Have done, they couldn’t keep to simple deadlines. Three years ago I offered to produce a graphic for the team-list and the final and half-time score but needed the former and latter to be text to me if I wasn’t at the game (live 5 hours away and only make 2/3 home games) 

Maybe worth an other call then.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Familiar story for anyone who has even been involved, or tried to be involved, with London Broncos TBH. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)