West Wales Raiders - laughing stock

4 minutes ago, sgorpioncaerdyddrob said:

Absolutely. This is something the Southern Conference can aspire to given time and the resources mentioned previously, places like Bath, Worcester, Torfaen, Swindon, Bristol all currently involved.

84-4 in the Welsh derby. Better than expected to be fair, was easily expecting the ton the way Crusaders have started the season. 

I admire your optimism but when an eighty point drubbing can be described as "better than expected" it does rather justify the theme of this thread.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, sgorpioncaerdyddrob said:

Absolutely. This is something the Southern Conference can aspire to given time and the resources mentioned previously, places like Bath, Worcester, Torfaen, Swindon, Bristol all currently involved.

84-4 in the Welsh derby. Better than expected to be fair, was easily expecting the ton the way Crusaders have started the season. 

84-4 to be better than expected is not a statement I ever thought I'd see 

All teams get hammered from time to time .

Few keep getting hammered .

Its a tough sport to keep taking heavy defeats .

York have had a few over the years (74 - 4 v Giants)

HKR / FC have , Eagles etc etc . These are the teams i follow .

Lack of rugby league players is the main reason .

Maybe the pro (pro used loosely) administrators could have a vision that allows clubs far away from the  games strong holds to put down roots , improve standards etc .

If England don't do well in this years world cup (or the entertainment is poor) I fear the game will become even smaller on the participation front .

• Like 1

Doesn't get any easier today v Keighley but it's a another chance to take a tentative step forward. Again completing the sets and cutting out the simple errors to keep it respectable. 

*edit 4-46 - considering they put 96 on Skolars last week it sounds like they took on some of that 'advice'... 

On a brighter note, Just like to big up the Demons ladies who performed so admirably in the Nines tournament last week, beating Bradford Bulls and stuffing Leigh Miners before running a top York City Knights WSL side close!!

Edited by sgorpioncaerdyddrob
  • Like 9

CARDIFF CITY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB cardiffrugbyleague.com
BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS!
Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth

The slightly better than expected result may have been down a full competent Welsh contingent of match officials for what I think must be the first time. Great to see Christopher get an opportunity, certainly better than many of the people who have come down over the years here. 

CARDIFF CITY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB cardiffrugbyleague.com
BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS!
Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth

8 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

Fair play and congratulations on their win today. Cornwall never looked like scoring but WWR we’re by far the better side and fully deserved.

You were clearly watching a different game to me. Cornwall bombed 2 if not 3 dead certs.

1 hour ago, tiffers said:

You were clearly watching a different game to me. Cornwall bombed 2 if not 3 dead certs.

Cornwall could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored. Due to dreadful decision making on their part and good defence from West Wales I agree they never looked like scoring. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tiffers said:

Yeah they had chances but they always looked like they were going to bomb them each time. I think the pressure and half-expectation that they could win this game won’t have have helped them. All a learning curve though.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems things haven't improved since the OP commenced the thread and showed interest in the club.

Either a female or transgender player, and one dual reg on travel expenses. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWRaidersRL/status/1533434516257251328?cxt=HHwWgICxva2k7ccqAAAA

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Take the mick out of West Raiders all you want but was stood for the first half behind on the sidelines at Hurricanes with Raiders Coach Ash Bateman twenty foot away... 

If you can show me a fellow coach who is as passionate and committed to getting his team to perform in the entire league as Bateman is I'll be surprised.. 

His charges maybe are never going to be good enough at that level but they follow Batemans example and give it everything... 

All those slagging them off maybe take a shirt and see how you go ... 

Edited by Rach
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1