West Wales Raiders - laughing stock

1 hour ago, Rach said:

Take the mick out of West Raiders all you want but was stood for the first half behind on the sidelines at Hurricanes with Raiders Coach Ash Bateman twenty foot away... 

If you can show me a fellow coach who is as passionate and committed to getting his team to perform in the entire league as Bateman is I'll be surprised.. 

His charges maybe are never going to be good enough at that level but they b follow Bateman example n give it everything... 

All those slagging them off maybe take a shirt and see how you go ... 

Rach,

Certainly not having any type of go at the head coach or the players.

Just wanting not only an improvement, but correct information, disseminated to those who the club is meant to be communicating with.

A professional outlook,perhaps,which will engage with people who will then,perhaps, become passionate and committed as per Ash Bateman.

Hopefully the head coach addresses his players correctly - unlike the social media output.

Perhaps none of this matters;like new,potential, supporters having a slight grasp of the ever changing rules/regulations/guidelines/interpretations.

I don't see such sloppiness in other walks of life,or leisure industries. 

I'll go now, and abandon all standards so I can fit in with zeitgeist. 

Edited by Angelic Cynic
  • Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

26 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

There's been plenty of spelling mistakes on Super League club social media, and even Our League have spelt names wrong!

This is the result of the way media output is generated, instantly via electronics. I the good old days you may have had a reporter/writer, an editor, a typesetter, and a proof reader. This has been replaced by two thumb typing. I have seen typos, and non sequiturs at all !levels of written communication.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Seems things haven't improved since the OP commenced the thread and showed interest in the club.

Either a female or transgender player, and one dual reg on travel expenses. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWRaidersRL/status/1533434516257251328?cxt=HHwWgICxva2k7ccqAAAA

Seems a bit of an extreme reaction.  On quick check at least their social media seems active, many fully professional teams in all sports don't manage that.  I've seen worse errors working for Man Utd, difference is in speed it can be changed.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hemi4561 said:

This is the result of the way media output is generated, instantly via electronics. I the good old days you may have had a reporter/writer, an editor, a typesetter, and a proof reader. This has been replaced by two thumb typing. I have seen typos, and non sequiturs at all !levels of written communication.

My heart sank a bit when the BBC put ‘your’ instead of ‘you’re’ earlier this year in an article. I’ve even offered to proof read match day programmes for a number of sports clubs before they go to print. I know it’s nitpicking but I always think when clubs have errors in their programmes/social media it just gives off a poor vibe. Then again my mum was an English teacher who was fluent in 7 languages so I’m probably raised/wired differently!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

My heart sank a bit when the BBC put ‘your’ instead of ‘you’re’ earlier this year in an article. I’ve even offered to proof read match day programmes for a number of sports clubs before they go to print. I know it’s nitpicking but I always think when clubs have errors in their programmes/social media it just gives off a poor vibe. Then again my mum was an English teacher who was fluent in 7 languages so I’m probably raised/wired differently!

Nothing wrong with that. I’m a firm believer in upholding the highest standards of written English if you’re providing a professional/paid for product.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Rach said:

All those slagging them off maybe take a shirt and see how you go ...

They're a professional rugby club not a social gathering.

If the standard set is now, "Well, some old blokes on a forum would get beat by more" then ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Well I must admit I was hoping for a little more when they were 16-12 up v Skolars yesterday, only to be 0-26 in the 2nd half. I guess we now know where we're all at now:

Cernyw rock bottom, West Wales then London in bottom 3, Rochdale, Oldham and Midlands in the middle then Keighley and The Gogs fighting it out for the title  

Edited by sgorpioncaerdyddrob

CARDIFF CITY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB cardiffrugbyleague.com
BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS!
Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, sgorpioncaerdyddrob said:

No double today then. I think it will stay at the one win for the season, still an improvement on last two years. 

I went to the game. Man for man, there was nothing in it. Raiders made lots of daft mistakes, including 3 unnecessary yellow cards. Cornwall took good advantage of it and made them pay. Fair play to Cornwall. 

• Like 1

This is the problem with expansion teams, hemel stags and oxford didn't do great either. There seems to be not enough players or infrastructure to make it work. If after years in the league they are the same as a first year team that is a worry and needs to be addressed, maybe giving them more central funding or some time away from the league to get a team that can compete.

18 minutes ago, The Lad said:

This is the problem with expansion teams, hemel stags and oxford didn't do great either. There seems to be not enough players or infrastructure to make it work. If after years in the league they are the same as a first year team that is a worry and needs to be addressed, maybe giving them more central funding or some time away from the league to get a team that can compete.

What you are saying is true regarding expansion teams. Cornwall have no intention of fitting that mold. If they can improve each season and move on to the championship they will be a model for others to emulate.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

15 minutes ago, RayCee said:

What you are saying is true regarding expansion teams. Cornwall have no intention of fitting that mold. If they can improve each season and move on to the championship they will be a model for others to emulate.

For the good of the game i hope but with hemel, oxford, Gloucestershire all golds, coventry bears and London Skolars all either non existent or treading water it is hard to believe it will. Rugby needs to expand and every fan is happy to see teams south of Doncaster but you need to put in place the finances, players and long term plan to make it work. 

44 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep but it really is infrastructure and money.  No expansion club in UK has had infrastructure to generate rev and income to come in and challenge bar newcastle.  

When you launch a new product you have to put best foot forward.  Cornwall getting a 1000 whilst being uncompetitive might be our best chance for a while.  

And that is a positive, Im a Hornets fan and we have noticed the large gate for a loosing team, if you can keep it up it will be good average attendance. I just wonder if it will be the same after three years. I hope it will but expansion teams seem to disappoint.

44 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It was. Yesterday. 

Yes I know it was scheduled, but I couldn't watch it live. I was at our local club match in Bridgend. I was asking because it doesn't appear in the list of recorded games, the ''video on demand'' list, not yet anyway.

I've noticed this in the past, that games seem to take a while to be listed there.

I just don't understand why.