Pre season friendly

clifford

As we played a select Wakefield Trinity team at whitebank in a couple of weeks.

What do we expect from the fixture?

What will be the admission charge? Will it be a cash gate or tickets online.

Will you need to prove your covid status 

In respect of the game I think that it will be more akin to the Saints friendly from 2 years ago with the opposition being made up of academy players as opposed to the first team. 

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

If they start with the covid malarkey I'll give it a miss. For me there's too many of these rules that don't make sense. 

That's true especially with them changing every 2 minutes 

1 hour ago, clifford said:

That's true especially with them changing every 2 minutes 

Exactly. If it's a case of I can't stand in the ground which is outside but it's OK for me to stand at a bus stop with loads of potentially infected people then that's mad. I'll wait to see what, if any restrictions are put in place. 

Been looking forward to the first game of the season since Littler got the job but unfortunately we've caught Covid in the Brooks household so can't make it this week.  

Got a very good feeling around this season and just around the club in general at the minute everything seems positive. 

34 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Been looking forward to the first game of the season since Littler got the job but unfortunately we've caught Covid in the Brooks household so can't make it this week.  

Got a very good feeling around this season and just around the club in general at the minute everything seems positive. 

Sorry to read that mate, hope you all get well soon. I hope your second paragraph is right. 

58 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Hope you recover soon, my friend, and that you’re back at the match asap

23 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Sad news, hope your on the mend soon.

I agree, excited for the club, it may take a few years to grow to where we want it but there are plenty working very hard to make that happen, may need patience with progression and the team but I'm convinced the future is bright, hearing many positive things 

I was at the meet the players event last night on a freezing cold evening...It proved to be very enjoyable and a real laugh...I have always thought highly of Stuart Littler as a coach...Hes a good fit for Oldham, Chris was at his charismatic best as the interviewer too.

I am particularly keen to see how Owen Restall does as Having been watching (The name that must not be spoken) Mayfield for quite a a few years he was a standout performer for Underbank against them.

There is a good camaraderie in the Oldham camp...Rugby Leagues version of the Musketeers.

Its going to be tough this year but Whitebank could and must be an advantage! a fortress if you like. for those who appreciate a touch of humour theres a joke in there.

Why have I decided to come back to watch Oldham RLFC again.. Well the future has never been more uncertain for RL in the town, nor for my own personal survival over the last 2 years with covid (being 65) Life is too short and unfortunately as many know on this forum its that ORLFC "thing" where however hard you try every other team is secondary...

"Watersheddingitis" I call it.

12 hours ago, eclecticsheep said:

"Watersheddingitis" I call it.

Yep !  It's a unique and localised ailment for which there is no known cure.

I'm happy to live with it !

Sadly we're not going to be there either. Long drive back dahn sahf after the game and we'd need a babysitter for my Dad. 

The  good thing is that we can see the season in site at last.

Enjoy the game, give them a "c'mon you Yeds" from Sue and me.

Best of luck to the boys out on the park

Cracking performance against the young, speedy, well-drilled Trinity side. 12-0 lead to Oldham before they sneaked a try just before half time. Generally good defence. Some good yardage from full back Restall who was impressive. Trinity had us on the rack for a while in the second half - some dodgy defence on our tight and a couple of high shots, knock ins helped them to score a few. Our commitment throughout was great though. Good to hear Martin Ridyard and Luke Nelmes talking a lot- good leaders. For a team that barely knew each other a few weeks ago it was a really promising performance in my opinion. Bring on Keighley.

Very impressed. The togetherness on display was apparent, for a team that have only just been put together it was impressive. Ridyard and Nelmes leading from the forwards through to the backs. The venue has improved massively since Avro have taken it on. Good grub and drinks at decent price. The atmosphere was great, came away a happy bunny. 👍

That was a thrilling game played at a fast pace...you couldnt take your eyes off it, The Wakefield team were a disciplined lot and hardly missed a tackle all night a creditable performance...I thought we  had blown it but I saw the value of Martin Ridyard all evening  making good yards with his boot (what a change in itself) and the slight double pump that got us in when we needed to..and good distribution all night also in the second half Number 3 Will Cooke? made 3 big tackles right in front of me in quick sucession...very impressed with that.

The coaches will be pleased with the night overall as it was a fine baptism and overall a draw was a fair result though we nearly nicked it with the last kick of the match...I`m almost glad we didn`t. Im sure I saw Willie Poching in the crowd along with Adrian Alexander and Martin Murphy

Loved the game under the floodlights but poor old Chris (hasnt he had heart surgery?) must have had palpitations when the floodlights went completely out about 15 mins before kick off with many players on the pitch and again at half time...not something he will want happening if there is a live feed of the Challenge cup game! Thankfully the evening was saved and a very enjoyable first Hit Out it was...I Like Whitebank!

Archived