Pre season friendly

clifford

5 hours ago, eclecticsheep said:

That was a thrilling game played at a fast pace...you couldnt take your eyes off it, The Wakefield team were a disciplined lot and hardly missed a tackle all night a creditable performance...I thought we  had blown it but I saw the value of Martin Ridyard all evening  making good yards with his boot (what a change in itself) and the slight double pump that got us in when we needed to..and good distribution all night also in the second half Number 3 Will Cooke? made 3 big tackles right in front of me in quick sucession...very impressed with that.

The coaches will be pleased with the night overall as it was a fine baptism and overall a draw was a fair result though we nearly nicked it with the last kick of the match...I`m almost glad we didn`t. Im sure I saw Willie Poching in the crowd along with Adrian Alexander and Martin Murphy

Loved the game under the floodlights but poor old Chris (hasnt he had heart surgery?) must have had palpitations when the floodlights went completely out about 15 mins before kick off with many players on the pitch and again at half time...not something he will want happening if there is a live feed of the Challenge cup game! Thankfully the evening was saved and a very enjoyable first Hit Out it was...I Like Whitebank!

It added a comedic element, nice one. At least this PA system won't sound like Norman Collier. 

The fullback Restall had a better looked dangerous on attack and something that we have lacked for a few  seasons. Nemesis and Pye were solid uo front.

Our left side looked a little suspect at the start of the second half. 

Hewitt looked more assured with Ridyard outside him orchestrating the attack.

Friendlies are a free hit and this was an excellent platform.

AVRO have made massive strides with the ground with excellent improvements.

23 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Cracking performance against the young, speedy, well-drilled Trinity side. 12-0 lead to Oldham before they sneaked a try just before half time. Generally good defence. Some good yardage from full back Restall who was impressive. Trinity had us on the rack for a while in the second half - some dodgy defence on our tight and a couple of high shots, knock ins helped them to score a few. Our commitment throughout was great though. Good to hear Martin Ridyard and Luke Nelmes talking a lot- good leaders. For a team that barely knew each other a few weeks ago it was a really promising performance in my opinion. Bring on Keighley.

Bring on Lock Lane you mean? Let's not under-estimate this mob, it will be a very different game next week & will not be easy.

Saturday evening was like a breath of fresh air after the disappointments of last season, but we don't want to be losing to Lock Lane. Up the mighty Yeds!!

1 hour ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

Bring on Lock Lane you mean? Let's not under-estimate this mob, it will be a very different game next week & will not be easy.

Saturday evening was like a breath of fresh air after the disappointments of last season, but we don't want to be losing to Lock Lane. Up the mighty Yeds!!

Agreed on both points.

On 09/01/2022 at 16:38, moorside roughyed said:

If they start with the covid malarkey I'll give it a miss. For me there's too many of these rules that don't make sense. 

That is the problem, to many mixed messages from day one.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Last time I was in it was quite a bit back clifford...Its better much better than it was back then (Tony Benson Era onwards).I actually prefer it to Boundary Park.

It would be great if the football pitch markings could be covered or sprayed out down the touchlines and I would Definitely attach padding to the low wall at start of seating. Illuminate the Scoreboard from below on Night Matches and of course get a pile of "Tanners" for the Meter!

"Dad! Dad! whats a Tanner?"

All incidentals I noted easy to sort out too.

The Main Thing was that the atmosphere of the evening match was GREAT! as was the Game!

32 minutes ago, eclecticsheep said:

Last time I was in it was quite a bit back clifford...Its better much better than it was back then (Tony Benson Era onwards).I actually prefer it to Boundary Park.

It would be great if the football pitch markings could be covered or sprayed out down the touchlines and I would Definitely attach padding to the low wall at start of seating. Illuminate the Scoreboard from below on Night Matches and of course get a pile of "Tanners" for the Meter!

"Dad! Dad! whats a Tanner?"

All incidentals I noted easy to sort out too.

The Main Thing was that the atmosphere of the evening match was GREAT! as was the Game!

It was a great atmosphere, I love night games. The ground was miles better than when we had it. 

Archived