Town v Haven! The Ike Southward Memorial Trophy is back!

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to Sunday as much as you can with a derby against the Jam,  with a run out under our belts, home advantage and a dry forecast I'm going for a 26-18 win for us. UTT! 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Looking forward to Sunday as much as you can with a derby against the Jam,  with a run out under our belts, home advantage and a dry forecast I'm going for a 26-18 win for us. UTT! 

If it’s a dry field and day pal there’s only gonna be one winner and it’s not town haven should have far too much for town but a derby is a leveller form goes out the window 

6 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

If it’s a dry field and day pal there’s only gonna be one winner and it’s not town haven should have far too much for town but a derby is a leveller form goes out the window 

Ah well everyone has an opinion. So it's your first run out of the season. JG's first game at the helm? Your away from home. Players come in and some have left.so  some of your players haven't played competitive rugby together yet. Most likely not yet at full strength but you'll have "far too much"  You been on the sauce?

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Ah well everyone has an opinion. So it's your first run out of the season. JG's first game at the helm? Your away from home. Players come in and some have left.so  some of your players haven't played competitive rugby together yet. Most likely not yet at full strength but you'll have "far too much"  You been on the sauce?

Any town fan who thinks coming from league 1 to a side that got to the playoffs of the division above and that is much stronger than last season think it’s them that’s been on the sauce bud no disrespect but you haven’t strengthened to championship standard and you will see on Sunday the standard required even if we are undercooked a bit jonty has worked under charlo for years and took charge of haven last year for games so not really gonna be much different for him tbh

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Any town fan who thinks coming from league 1 to a side that got to the playoffs of the division above and that is much stronger than last season think it’s them that’s been on the sauce bud no disrespect but you haven’t strengthened to championship standard and you will see on Sunday the standard required even if we are undercooked a bit jonty has worked under charlo for years and took charge of haven last year for games so not really gonna be much different for him tbh

Just read that non of havens new Aussie signings or nikau williams and Ryan king will be playing on Sunday disappointed like so haven will be without at least 6 first team players 

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Just read that non of havens new Aussie signings or nikau williams and Ryan king will be playing on Sunday disappointed like so haven will be without at least 6 first team players 

You’ll only win by 40 then

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You’ll only win by 40 then

Na in all honesty il go town 10 haven 32 but with I being a first run out it could be full of errors and stop start which I hope it isn’t do town have a full squad for this week herd quite a few wer out with covid or injuries? 

2 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Those 3 guys on your Haven twitter interview arent playing ?

3 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Probably expect haven to sneak the game even with players out. Hope im wrong. But if 3 guys haven't ever played a game for you yet, how do you know they're first teamers?

Hoping for a close, hard fought Derby. We've missed them

1 minute ago, townie88 said:

Probably expect haven to sneak the game even with players out. Hope im wrong. But if 3 guys haven't ever played a game for you yet, how do you know they're first teamers?

Hoping for a close, hard fought Derby. We've missed them

100 agree would like a great game. That’s the thing pal they are signed to replace the lads that’s left ie Lachlan Mcnally and joufrett and all 3 have played at a higher level than Lachlan and he’s been our best overseas sighting for many many years so they will be starters just not this week think it’s to do with covid etc https://cumbriacrack.com/2022/01/12/nikau-williams-set-to-return-to-haven/?fbclid=IwAR2NQdd5n-bK2Qw5v_s_FHqhdXv1Ca6hwn29URiQo32rp7EVC9wk-nKJ_pk

4 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Assistant and Head coach positions are very different. Do you not recall the "charlton out" threads on your forum last season. Yeah i agree it's a big step up and it's gonna be a tough season but I think you are maybe underestimating how the championship was affected back end of last season. Haven struggled first half of the season so I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet mate.

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

Assistant and Head coach positions are very different. Do you not recall the "charlton out" threads on your forum last season. Yeah i agree it's a big step up and it's gonna be a tough season but I think you are maybe underestimating how the championship was affected back end of last season. Haven struggled first half of the season so I wouldn't be counting your chickens just yet mate.

No I’m defiantly not I just feel if we play like we did after the 1st 10 games of last season with a better squad in key areas then we can aim for the same if not better at least one thing town will enjoy is good sides weekly at dp. Jonty knows his stuff and remember the charlo out chants very well marra personally I wasn’t one of them even though I was concerned at the time let’s just say all haven fans this year are very very optimistic to watch our side this year I just hope Sunday is t a stop start error after error game but pre season games normally aren’t great from a haven point of view don’t think we have won one for 3 years correct me if I’m wrong but it’s derby week and I for one can’t wait for the game Sunday let’s hope both towns back the game 

10 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

No I’m defiantly not I just feel if we play like we did after the 1st 10 games of last season with a better squad in key areas then we can aim for the same if not better at least one thing town will enjoy is good sides weekly at dp. Jonty knows his stuff and remember the charlo out chants very well marra personally I wasn’t one of them even though I was concerned at the time let’s just say all haven fans this year are very very optimistic to watch our side this year I just hope Sunday is t a stop start error after error game but pre season games normally aren’t great from a haven point of view don’t think we have won one for 3 years correct me if I’m wrong but it’s derby week and I for one can’t wait for the game Sunday let’s hope both towns back the game 

Fair enough mate time will tell. You seem to have drifted away from your initial comment of having "far too much" but let's just enjoy a good derby.

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

Fair enough mate time will tell. You seem to have drifted away from your initial comment of having "far too much" but let's just enjoy a good derby.

Should be great always is 

15 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Hedging your bets after writing us off there marra. We will be underdogs in every game we play this season and probably rightly so. But because we have young lads with Cumbrian postcodes instead of Australian ones will do for me every day of the week. I'll stick by my original prediction.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived