Town v Haven! The Ike Southward Memorial Trophy is back!

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This match isn't going to define our or haven's season, it will be a good hit out, hopefully no injuries for either team and generate some much needed crash for both clubs, haven will be big favourites , they had a fantastic season last year and we are still building, let's hope for a great game , but Up Theย  B _ _ _ _y Town ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿค

On a slightly different topic, I had a friend asking me about the 2 Aussies that have signed for Town. I told him that I had not a clue what he was on about, He had met a fella in town who played in the halves for us at sometime who told him about them, but I said the only way we could have two aussies coming was from a super league club, but you never know Town might surprise us. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰

1 minute ago, troutmaster said:

On a slightly different topic, I had a friend asking me about the 2 Aussies that have signed for Town. I told him that I had not a clue what he was on about, He had met a fella in town who played in the halves for us at sometime who told him about them, but I said the only way we could have two aussies coming was from a super league club, but you never know Town might surprise us. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰

Chris has just said on Border news that they have iron's in the fire , it that means owt ๐Ÿคž

2 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

I heard about them on Boxing Day, but it was three. Also said JJParker was trying to sign

30 minutes ago, Brookie said:

I heard about them on Boxing Day, but it was three. Also said JJParker was trying to sign

Think Town are still in talks withย  Hensingham over JJP transfer fee, along with his free bar tab he is demanding. nothing will happen with Jessie until his testimonial is finished.ย 

ย 

26 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Just reading the T&S it says the match against Whitehaven is 3pm kickoff . This is wrong , it's a 2pm kickoff . Please spread the wordย  to all your mates and as many people as possibleย  cheers

Joke of a paper they only care about Carlisle unitedย 

2 hours ago, troutmaster said:

He said one is from overseas.

3 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Havens squad announced better than I thought but not full strengthย 

ย 

You'll have "far too much" and "derbies a leveller". Youโ€™veย  covered all areas to gloat or as an excuse for a loss or a close game ๐Ÿ˜†.ย 

3 hours ago, silverfox said:

Just reading the T&S it says the match against Whitehaven is 3pm kickoff . This is wrong , it's a 2pm kickoff . Please spread the wordย  to all your mates and as many people as possibleย  cheers

Got that updated as soon as I could. Advised all Home games 2pm kick off unless otherwise stated.ย 

11 hours ago, town4me said:

You'll have "far too much" and "derbies a leveller". Youโ€™veย  covered all areas to gloat or as an excuse for a loss or a close game ๐Ÿ˜†.ย 

In all fairness pal the squads are miles appart in terms class but derbys are levellers and especially at this stage of the season both sides wonโ€™t be anywhere near the finished articleย 

16 hours ago, town2018 said:

Just seen the ticket price for match ยฃ17 is alot for a friendly when barrow only charged 12 last weekย 

Before everyone starts il still be paying itย 

ยฃ17 is steep for a league game IMO, but it's the going rate in this league and most clubs are charging more. The biggest worry is how many will pay that if we are struggling in this league. I'm sure Haven were charging the same last season, maybe that was one of the reasons their crowds were so poor even though they were going well.ย 

32 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

ยฃ17 is steep for a league game IMO, but it's the going rate in this league and most clubs are charging more. The biggest worry is how many will pay that if we are struggling in this league. I'm sure Haven were charging the same last season, maybe that was one of the reasons their crowds were so poor even though they were going well.ย 

Yeah I just think town should have dropped it a little for the friendly to try and attract more fansย 

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

For whatever reason admission prices have kept on rising accross the game, many regular followers have been priced out ,for many sports events become a luxury they cant afford any moreย 

20 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Squad is on Facebook, 23 named only Elliot, Stevie, Dave Weetman and Pez not named.ย 

Thatโ€™s not a match squad itโ€™s just a list of the players who are available to select. Tells us absolutely nothing.

Iโ€™m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived