Town v Haven! The Ike Southward Memorial Trophy is back!

WTRLFC WEBSITE

Just now, Mr Frisky said:

Does no one on the Haven Forum talk to you marra?

Strange you come on Workington forum after being defeated to say how great your team are?

what considering I’ve congratulated you on ya win enjoy it forgot haven fans can’t talk on Town forum my bad pal 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good decisions for Chris to make for the first match, no one has let him down in these 2 pre season games and several have made big impacts. 

Along with a few additions (soon....) the squad is looking good, though I do think we are still lacking a bit of size at prop.

Dont know who the guy in the red scrum cap was he was our best player while he was on in my opinion, a threat everytime he had the ball. No 25, and he could tackle. Following on from last season the public address system on the popular side was total rubbish. I don't think any speakers were working. Considering the majority stand under the popular side roof I think the least we can expect is to hear who's selected and who's coming on and off. Loads complaining at half time with access to the toilets and smoking area cordoned off till the players were all safely in the bar!, new changing area. When I asked a woman who was part of the security why it was cordoned off she said "We're protecting the players" The backlog of people waiting to get to the Derwent end must have been 100. If any were wanting the toilets, well panic stations. This woman said this was going to be permanent. Well it was a shambles. As for the result well done lads hanging in there to pull off the win.

We look lively when we get a roll on from a quicker play the ball and guys like Henson and Simons run , then play off that . I still think that shows we need a big guy or 2 to punch holes and eat the yards , especially out our own end , but overall Walker impressed me with the show n go and he looked threatening . That combo with Jamie looked lively . We always look fit to 

Well I’ll take that. Desire, passion, commitment and no little skill, good signs from all our new signings with young Walker  looking very good and going by how easy Curtis Teare broke through he’ll be good to watch. 
Not sure which school of refereeing that guy went to, as soon as he didn’t penalise the dump tackle on Cus I thought it could be a long afternoon. Town knock on, it’s a knock on haven knock on it was ripped, town slow to get off player, six again, haven slow to get off, carry on. We got our first six again after 50 mins, unbelievable.

What that second half showed was if we play with quick the balls we’ll be dangerous,  fair play to Jammer for that he was urging everybody on. Well done boys!UTT

37 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Peter Smith is definitely a Jammy listening to that, sorry suffering that commentary  😂 Congratulations on winning your cup final

How many cup finals have Whitehaven played in? 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

How many cup finals have Whitehaven played in? 😂😂😂

To be fair it's not a surprise to see a jameater get confused over what is and what isn't a cup final considering the embarrassing lack of them in their "history".

34 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Did you actually think haven would be anywhere near match fit and not rusty don’t forget u played last week. That’s the scary thing and shows how bad we are because if seen the standard we play at and today was nothing but short of ###### poor 

But you said "haven would have too much for us". Your words not mine. Keep the excuses coming mate you making today even better

2 minutes ago, town4me said:

But you said "haven would have too much for us". Your words not mine. Keep the excuses coming mate you making today even better

Are you really that thick or deluded you have won nothing except a pre season game nothing more I get people get excited but you lot take it to a different level let’s see who’s laughing at who come Easter 

That no dickheads policy pays off doesn't it, all those lads have heart in abundance. At 10.0 down Jammer was trying to up the pace but every time we started to apply pressure the "ref" pinged us. Terrific effort to nick it with that little possession.  At least the haven fans were first out of the car parks! Caine did a great job, Hutchings was good again and it's so good to have a running halfback. Fitzy is the only one who needs to up his game with two new forwards coming in soon. 

Archived