Town v Haven! The Ike Southward Memorial Trophy is back!

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, wonky said:

The haven fans on here are laughable, yous have just been controlled by a 17 year old who made your half backs look like there the ones who were playing for seaton last season. Simmons completely outclasses the haven hookers and even though we didn’t make great ground down the middle we finished off most our chances whereas havens last tackle attack was generally to run from dummy half into towns best defenders. Wait until we add Dec and a prop and we’ll be a much better outfit. 

Who is the 17 yr old 

Pay back for town sure we won last one with last minute try. Any haven fan who thought it would be a rout are in cloud cuckoo land . Last 8 games have been very tight 4 last minute winners a draw and the others where close . Watched town a few times last season on our league impressed every game.

8 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Just seen the video of Doran appearing to 'hump' the trophy... I found it a little bit disrespectful given what/who it's a symbol for.

Clutching at straws now marra. Next you'll be telling me he was kissing it too!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Just now, The Voodooguru said:

Clutching at straws now marra. Next you'll be telling me he was kissing it too!

I'm not clutching at anything mate, in my previous post on here I congratulated Town and wished for both clubs to have a successful season, let's not be ridiculous with the kissing comment (however with covid that wouldn't be a smart idea either) by all means celebrate and rightly so, they deserve too, but it's a little disrespectful 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

Not sure why some of you find it funny but then again..... 

Oh give ower. There are only 2 important things to take from todays game :-

1. The Town are having a party

and

2. The Jam are in the bin

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

17 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Just seen the video of Doran appearing to 'hump' the trophy... I found it a little bit disrespectful given what/who it's a symbol for.

Oh there's some sour grapes being eaten on mirehouse tonight.  

4 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I'm not clutching at anything mate, in my previous post on here I congratulated Town and wished for both clubs to have a successful season, let's not be ridiculous with the kissing comment (however with covid that wouldn't be a smart idea either) by all means celebrate and rightly so, they deserve too, but it's a little disrespectful 🤷‍♂️

Really!?!?

Is it more disrespectful than the Whitehaven fans verbally abusing the police at the train station on the way home?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

19 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Nothing in that watching that mate , winning that trophy means a lot to Town and everyone from chairman to fan respects and loves Ike beyond anyone 

15 minutes ago, Gillmeister80 said:

I know others knew better but so far so good mate. Newcastle really didn’t want to lose him or Malik and it’s Towns gain 

Malik was excellent too, ran hard, hit a gap well and offloaded, and had some nice mongrel about him, didn't take a backward step, very impressive. 

Archived