Town v Haven! The Ike Southward Memorial Trophy is back!

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

The same as you , if you had been at the  march you would have known , keep coming with the excuses 😆😆

No complaints marra town deserved the win today defended well in the 2nd half I only asked how many subs you used? 

2 minutes ago, town4me said:

Your worldbeater SL team are in the bin and the ike southward trophy is at Derwent Park.Just keep saying to yourself tommorow is another day. UTT 🏆 

Where have I stated I think Haven are a " worldbeater SL team " ? I think Haven could potentially struggle this year, along with Town but hoping both manage to escape the drop 🤔

6 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Where have I stated I think Haven are a " worldbeater SL team " ? I think Haven could potentially struggle this year, along with Town but hoping both manage to escape the drop 🤔

That was a bit of an exageration but in genral barring Donald it seems to a general feeling from haven fans after last season. Either side could have won today and yes it will be tough for both this season. Time to move on. 

Now that we have seen the majority off the squad what's everyone's thoughts on our strongest 17 for the season mines 

Thomas 

Olstrum

Bickerdike 

Brown

Clegg

Doran

Walker

O'brien

Simon

Fitzy 

Steele

Barnes

Tomposh 

Henson

Lightowler

Clark

Hutchins 

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

Now that we have seen the majority off the squad what's everyone's thoughts on our strongest 17 for the season mines 

Thomas 

Olstrum

Bickerdike 

Brown

Clegg

Doran

Walker

O'brien

Simon

Fitzy 

Steele

Barnes

Tomposh 

Henson

Lightowler

Clark

Hutchins 

In my opinion its too early to make a judgement on the strongest 17, the biggest omission from this list  is Curtis Teare, who slotted into the team effortlessly today.  An exciting talent, both strong in defence and in attack.

10 hours ago, town2018 said:

Thomas 

Olstrum

Bickerdike 

Brown

Clegg

Doran

Walker

O'brien

Simon

Fitzy 

Steele

Barnes

Tomposh 

Henson

Lightowler

Clark

Hutchins 

Good strong team... however I thought we missed Forber yesterday. He just speeds up the passing and tries different things. 

Thought Jamie Doran played well... and all the new lads showed their ready for this league. 

Even if we hadn"t won with the last play , was very pleased with the all around performance yesterday .We played the better rugby and broke their line on several occasions , whereas Haven didn"t  break our line in open play once .Only blot on the day was the REF and his linesmen , only excuse i can give for their display was the real officials were tied up and gagged in the dressing room and they were imposters . On a serious note though it would be nice at the Newcastle game to have a minutes silence to  remember the passing of Stephen Holgate who was a much appreciated player while at the Club . UTT.

Archived