Town v Haven! The Ike Southward Memorial Trophy is back!

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

There's a better one with Callum Philios

IMG-20220117-WA0000.jpg

Was he playing? 😄 That was caught milliseconds before the town end disappeared 🏃‍♀️🏃🏃‍♀️🏃 The recrey shuffle 🤣

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 17/01/2022 at 15:40, Sticklebricks said:

I think it’s fair to say you won’t be disappointed then😜

Think a lot of people don't realise the standard of rugby played  in the NCL Premiere division, sadly he will be rusty as the Brow haven't played against the top teams in over 18 months, 

27 minutes ago, JMB said:

Think a lot of people don't realise the standard of rugby played  in the NCL Premiere division, sadly he will be rusty as the Brow haven't played against the top teams in over 18 months, 

Are you talking about Curtis? We were talking about Dec coming back from London. 

16 minutes ago, Town blue white said:

It's a great shame Callum is still not a town player. The rec shuffle🤣 them jam fans can't half clear a stadium rapido 

I would rather see Brett back playing here to be honest..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

The game is going soft. Players will be throwing themselves to the ground before long , as if they have been poleaxed just to get a player sent off, just like in football. .Cheating is definitely coming into the game .And with the rules thats been issued ,before long we might as well play touch rugby  

31 minutes ago, silverfox said:

The game is going soft. Players will be throwing themselves to the ground before long , as if they have been poleaxed just to get a player sent off, just like in football. .Cheating is definitely coming into the game .And with the rules thats been issued ,before long we might as well play touch rugby  

Totally agree . Cheating is becoming a big factor , players used to pride  themselves on getting up , now they stay down . Players  throwing their arms around and trying to influence officials is also more prevalent . The game is also over sanitised and over officiated now 

6 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Our summer bash fixture vs haven at Leed announced. Sunday 31st July 5.15pm k.o

Pleased about the fixture as hopefully it'll draw a big crowd and show how well supported Cumbria RL is, shame about the day and time though! Would of been much better being on the Saturday  🍻 !

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

See haven where beaten again today this time by league 1 side Swinton and no excuses today seems like they had more to choose from , _ _ _ now I await a bite 😆

Could easily have won both pre season games by 20pts apparently. So no need to panic. 😁

3 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

See haven where beaten again today this time by league 1 side Swinton and no excuses today seems like they had more to choose from , _ _ _ now I await a bite 😆

Well what a surprise, the great haven team humbled by a league 1 team. Must have been cos Swinton had more subs, or haven were rusty, or were they missing players, or was the grass too long/short....

12 hours ago, town4me said:

Could easily have won both pre season games by 20pts apparently. So no need to panic. 😁

They have beat by 2 championship 1 standard teams apparently, they're not very good are they..

11 hours ago, dkw said:

Well what a surprise, the great haven team humbled by a league 1 team. Must have been cos Swinton had more subs, or haven were rusty, or were they missing players, or was the grass too long/short....

Think it was more to do with sloppy play & unforced errors which often occurs  preseason games,especially when you have new combinations in the spine positions.

Next week’s opener against a Leigh team with a Superleague budget is really just another chance to work on these things with Barrow at home the real start to the season for Haven.

I don’t think many Haven fan thinks the team is “great” but it should barring injuries(suspension have enough to avoid finishing in the bottom 2 which should be the first target.

Anyways good luck for the season ahead (except in the 3 games V Haven) & I hope young Curtis continues his development at this level.

Archived