Jump to content

Town v Haven! The Ike Southward Memorial Trophy is back!


Recommended Posts

The pedantic ref tried to spoil the game as a spectacle. But despite being down to 12 for a quarter of the game the lads dug deep and got their rewards. Enjoyed the game with all the new lads showing up well, particularly Walker who deserved his mom. Although rusty we look good down the spine with good options. I think we wanted it more in the end, and I'd be disappointed with some of my team if I'd come from the Jam to watch them after Jonty was blabbering on about respecting the Ike. Tom walker played well, as did their 23 & 30 both the props are big units who ran it in well and got them rolling a couple of times. I laughed at Brui being called Elton John by the popular side, thats some haircut 🤣 But what's happened to Callum? He was a shadow of the player he once was. Didn't look interested considering who he was playing against. 

Thought we looked fitter and defended very well considering our squad is so inferior to the Haven superstars. Our lads showed a real desire which was good to see and its great to have it back again UTT!

  • Like 6

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


37 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Did you actually think haven would be anywhere near match fit and not rusty don’t forget u played last week. That’s the scary thing and shows how bad we are because if seen the standard we play at and today was nothing but short of ###### poor 

I do like your optimism chief , but we’ve only played once and aren’t up to full speed either . And I take it youve been training ? Truth be told the way you were talking and with what you had out there you should have just turned up and swept us away 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DavidM said:

I do like your optimism chief , but we’ve only played once and aren’t up to full speed either . And I take it youve been training ? Truth be told the way you were talking and with what you had out there you should have just turned up and swept us away 

That’s what happens when teams play on paper mate but derbys can go either way as today showed haven thought we had to turn up and town shot us down and fair play you deserved the win 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Are you really that thick or deluded you have won nothing except a pre season game nothing more I get people get excited but you lot take it to a different level let’s see who’s laughing at who come Easter 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Are you really that thick or deluded you have won nothing except a pre season game nothing more I get people get excited but you lot take it to a different level let’s see who’s laughing at who come Easter 

But won a pre season game against a team so hyped up by you that I even said to the wife as I was leaving for the game that we’d get hammered and wondered why I paid £15. 
I think the difference between town fans and you is that we know that we have a long hard season to come and will need plenty of luck with injuries and the bounce of a ball and hopefully a couple more signings to bolster the squad. One season of competing in the championship and you seem to think that your top of the table material. Today we had youngsters playing who played for the shirt and out enthused your team of superstars. UTT

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Are you really that thick or deluded you have won nothing except a pre season game nothing more I get people get excited but you lot take it to a different level let’s see who’s laughing at who come Easter 

Maybe / probably so . But hey we’ve won two trophies in three matches !

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IanMac said:

But won a pre season game against a team so hyped up by you that I even said to the wife as I was leaving for the game that we’d get hammered and wondered why I paid £15. 
I think the difference between town fans and you is that we know that we have a long hard season to come and will need plenty of luck with injuries and the bounce of a ball and hopefully a couple more signings to bolster the squad. One season of competing in the championship and you seem to think that your top of the table material. Today we had youngsters playing who played for the shirt and out enthused your team of superstars. UTT

so good Ian you've said it twice.........

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Peter Smith certainly wasn't biased on the radio.

He sounded like a Town supporter today  unlike previous times as a summariser.

Chris said another signing next week and one the week after?

Commentator reckoned a crowd of 17 or 1800. What had been announced.

Seemed a good watch and was delighted we got the cup back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, IanMac said:

But won a pre season game against a team so hyped up by you that I even said to the wife as I was leaving for the game that we’d get hammered and wondered why I paid £15. 
I think the difference between town fans and you is that we know that we have a long hard season to come and will need plenty of luck with injuries and the bounce of a ball and hopefully a couple more signings to bolster the squad. One season of competing in the championship and you seem to think that your top of the table material. Today we had youngsters playing who played for the shirt and out enthused your team of superstars. UTT

That’s the scary thing marra not saying we are a top side but much much better than what we got served up today our fans deserve better 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Peter Smith certainly wasn't biased on the radio.

He sounded like a Town supporter today  unlike previous times as a summariser.

Chris said another signing next week and one the week after?

Commentator reckoned a crowd of 17 or 1800. What had been announced.

Seemed a good watch and was delighted we got the cup back.

I repeat...Peter is fine and yes from Whitehaven........well I think the visitors brought about 1500, so as ever it's a lottery re attendance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, maripins said:

Dont know who the guy in the red scrum cap was he was our best player while he was on in my opinion, a threat everytime he had the ball. No 25, and he could tackle. Following on from last season the public address system on the popular side was total rubbish. I don't think any speakers were working. Considering the majority stand under the popular side roof I think the least we can expect is to hear who's selected and who's coming on and off. Loads complaining at half time with access to the toilets and smoking area cordoned off till the players were all safely in the bar!, new changing area. When I asked a woman who was part of the security why it was cordoned off she said "We're protecting the players" The backlog of people waiting to get to the Derwent end must have been 100. If any were wanting the toilets, well panic stations. This woman said this was going to be permanent. Well it was a shambles. As for the result well done lads hanging in there to pull off the win.

They are changing in the new gym because of covid, away team get the changing rooms out of courtesy. Last year they changed in the bar. It’s not permanent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nero said:

They are changing in the new gym because of covid, away team get the changing rooms out of courtesy. Last year they changed in the bar. It’s not permanent. 

Are there all the usual facilities in the gym then Ron .....i.e. bath, showers, loos.???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The haven fans on here are laughable, yous have just been controlled by a 17 year old who made your half backs look like there the ones who were playing for seaton last season. Simmons completely outclasses the haven hookers and even though we didn’t make great ground down the middle we finished off most our chances whereas havens last tackle attack was generally to run from dummy half into towns best defenders. Wait until we add Dec and a prop and we’ll be a much better outfit. 

  • Like 2

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

That’s the scary thing marra not saying we are a top side but much much better than what we got served up today our fans deserve better 

Difference is we have one of the best coaches in the league who brings the best out of his players. Haven don’t 

  • Like 4

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wonky said:

Difference is we have one of the best coaches in the league who brings the best out of his players. Haven don’t 

Was jontys first games marra I’m sure jonty will get it right hopefully starting next week at swinton 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Are there all the usual facilities in the gym then Ron .....i.e. bath, showers, loos.???

There are portaloos over there Keith, but they get showers after the away team finish in the changing rooms. Sacrifices people make to accommodate this virus. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just back in from the game. chuffed to bits but not getting carried away. Bookies had us +16 and to be honest I thought that was fair and what I was expecting. Yes, haven had their 1st hit out. But that side, plus their new aussie additions were meant to be 'stronger'than last seasons squad and we matched them plus some.

A good yard stick for everyone that we won't be cut adrift from the rest this season and will be able.to compete with the bottom half of the champ.

Special mention to young walker! Excellent game. Reminded me of the debut callum phillips had against haven years ago. Very encouraging. Liked how Simmons went and I love seeing how bickerdike has come on in a short space of time. Don't envy chris having to pick a 17!

Havens best was the new half back by a country mile. 

Referee we shocking

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wonky said:

The haven fans on here are laughable, yous have just been controlled by a 17 year old who made your half backs look like there the ones who were playing for seaton last season. Simmons completely outclasses the haven hookers and even though we didn’t make great ground down the middle we finished off most our chances whereas havens last tackle attack was generally to run from dummy half into towns best defenders. Wait until we add Dec and a prop and we’ll be a much better outfit. 

Pre season game mate as I keep saying maybe we played into your hands because of being a rusty side who’s playing their first game for over 3 months no team is squeaky clean first game it takes time 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, townie88 said:

Just back in from the game. chuffed to bits but not getting carried away. Bookies had us +16 and to be honest I thought that was fair and what I was expecting. Yes, haven had their 1st hit out. But that side, plus their new aussie additions were meant to be 'stronger'than last seasons squad and we matched them plus some.

A good yard stick for everyone that we won't be cut adrift from the rest this season and will be able.to compete with the bottom half of the champ.

Special mention to young walker! Excellent game. Reminded me of the debut callum phillips had against haven years ago. Very encouraging. Liked how Simmons went and I love seeing how bickerdike has come on in a short space of time. Don't envy chris having to pick a 17!

Havens best was the new half back by a country mile. 

Referee we shocking

Your judging you will hold your own in the championship because you beat a rusty haven side today wow 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...