The Sportsman to launch 20 live matches

2 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I recall there being a thread some seasons ago about the quality of the food at RL grounds. Give it a few weeks and we'll get one going for this season.

It’ll be well down this forum’s list of priorities, we’ll have crowds being down and the terrible standard of play first. 

Nice to see Rugby League fans’ default setting of tearing down any positive news and negativity about anything they can muster is alive and well. 

Exposure for our smaller clubs on a free platform is big news for them and the game, I hope it’s supported well and I’ll try and catch some games live if I can.

On 13/01/2022 at 19:13, Harry Stottle said:

Fair comment LD, 

I just like to throw in comments about the grassroots occasionally and notice how about 95% of the poster's 'clam up' who haven't a clue what goes on outside of the pro/semi pro game or others who come out with snide remarks.

I think Futtocks summed it up in a nutshell.

But what does anyone need to know about grassroots other than its kids getting involved and amateurs players having a game?  The biggest majority will not care about the cost of kit, training facilities, subs, volunteers, mini buses, fund raising, changing facilities, pitch, press release etc

The pro/semi pro/grassroots fans are going to get a free channel to view the game with.  If that turns a viewer into a fan who then goes to a live game we all win.

15 hours ago, Futtocks said:

If you had even the slightest iota of curiosity, you'd have read the thread and found out that it is a YouTube channel that doesn't charge viewers and, if you'd read the title of this thread, that it will show 20 live matches.

Diplomat school is missing you SIr! I was looking for some more precise details.

Live can mean a feed of the game with top rate commentators, etc, or a blog with the score of that odd thang they have in Italy when they stream the crowd in the background and have two blokes "bantering" on about the game. 

Most important even if free on You Tube - where does any ad revenue go in the RL family?. Uncle Fred, cousins Gary, Tory Davy and Ian or the players?

6 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

The pro/semi pro/grassroots fans are going to get a free channel to view the game with.  If that turns a viewer into a fan who then goes to a live game we all win.

I daresay that viewers being turned into fans depends on the quality of the content and the quality of the presentation being high enough.  Today's stream was probably well below the level of quality needed to win over curious newbies.

7 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

I daresay that viewers being turned into fans depends on the quality of the content and the quality of the presentation being high enough.  Today's stream was probably well below the level of quality needed to win over curious newbies.

It seems to be the same production company as the OurLeague streams. The on-screen graphics looked the same.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 13/01/2022 at 19:13, Harry Stottle said:

Fair comment LD, 

I just like to throw in comments about the grassroots occasionally and notice how about 95% of the poster's 'clam up' who haven't a clue what goes on outside of the pro/semi pro game or others who come out with snide remarks.

Also known as hijacking threads Harry. Why not simply start your own thread then draw your conclusions from that instead of beating your favourite drum on everyone else's?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived