Premier Sports

Had Premier (for NRL and Toronto pre SL) and never had a problem. Cancellation was easy and was offered deal to stay but as they'd lost any RL left.

Not the best production but was more than acceptable as I've seen some shockers from other broadcasters too! Reminded me of Screensport for those of a long memory.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

I tell you what though on a bit of a tangent, I have BT Sport (kind of by accident/default), Premier and Watch NRL. And at the moment there is NAFF all on! Its bleak the sport on at the moment. Wife is out tonight and I have no idea what to watch. 

I've got on Slovenia v North Macedonia in the opening round of the European handball.

Croatia v France later.

So, y'know, there's that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

I tell you what though on a bit of a tangent, I have BT Sport (kind of by accident/default), Premier and Watch NRL. And at the moment there is NAFF all on! Its bleak the sport on at the moment. Wife is out tonight and I have no idea what to watch. 

Does it have to be sport? ☺️

8 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

I bought premier sports through my clubs discounted rate , but I will still attend my clubs matches , hopefully like myself other Fan's will do the same and use it to watch regular championship rugby on a Monday evening 😀😀😀.

Hi George, I am not just relating to going to the game instead of watching it on TV, it is the fact that it is on a Monday evening that will deter a lot of people beit the local fans or those who have to travel especially cross pennine, as opposed to Sunday afternoon fixtures.

Just out of interest, I took the £60 for 12 months deal, then as soon as I had the welcome e-mail logged into the account they automatically set up for me and cancelled the renewal.  It stated I had 364 days left before my viewing ended.  So it's really simple to just get a year and not forget to cancel it later.

16 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

Snooker has been good this week.

It wont even happen, complete luvv up not yet approved by the clubs. Fancy screwing clubs who have just had their funding cut massively, every penny will count and Fev will lose more on the Leigh fixture alone than they will get from the deal.

Premier has under 10,000 subscribers in Wales for Welsh/Celtic/French RU ie the top product available, what take up will champ RL get for Monday nights, NOTHING will come back to the clubs!!

16 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi George, I am not just relating to going to the game instead of watching it on TV, it is the fact that it is on a Monday evening that will deter a lot of people beit the local fans or those who have to travel especially cross pennine, as opposed to Sunday afternoon fixtures.

Mixed feelings , a lot of guy's struggle to make Sundays a priority because they have to spend time with the Mrs and kids or go visit relatives or are swayed into going out for Sunday lunch e.t.c.   so Mondays could be a blessing in disguise , I think the real benefit will come with the warmer weather and lighter evenings

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

What won't even happen? Are you suggesting that in 17 days' time York will bar Premier from access to their ground?

Would be quite the plot twist, considering York have been running a promotion so the ground is full and buzzing with atmosphere so it looks great on... Premier Sports TV. 

25 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Would be quite the plot twist, considering York have been running a promotion so the ground is full and buzzing with atmosphere so it looks great on... Premier Sports TV. 

Interestingly I have Premier subscription and on the App, under schedule, for Mon 31st Jan they have a full listing for all 4 of their channels and no Rugby League to be seen.

39 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Does that mean cheap and free tickets?

Could you just answer the bit about it not happening first?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

What won't even happen? Are you suggesting that in 17 days' time York will bar Premier from access to their ground?

Have the clubs voted to accept the deal in its final format ? My understanding is they haven’t . If you were a club owner just done the budgets for your prime fixtures and find them moved to a day that guarantees a loss of income what would you vote?

3 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Have the clubs voted to accept the deal in its final format ? 

Do they need to?

3 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Done so does it? Just answer please

I've answered your question with a question because you are literally the only person I've read saying it needs this ratifying vote.

6 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Have the clubs voted to accept the deal in its final format ? My understanding is they haven’t . If you were a club owner just done the budgets for your prime fixtures and find them moved to a day that guarantees a loss of income what would you vote?

I have no idea, you're the one who seems to be in the know. You've fairly unambiguously told us the Premier Sports coverage won't happen.

Archived