Premier Sports

43 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

You will be pleased to hear that you do appear to be wrong, thebrewxi!  The PS website says "GAA programming available to UK subscribers only."  However, it does add that it is not available via Premier Player.

Ah, wounder. I'm cheap and have only subscribed to the Player version. Despite not being irish at all I like a bit of hurling. And I don't mean what happens round the bins outside wetherspoons. 

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Yep, you seem desperate to find a legitimate reason not to watch Championship RL. If you can't/don't want to pay for it thats absolutely fine, just say that.

Nope, Premier Player isn't available as an app on Apple TV etc, so I can't watch it fannying around with casting or a laptop like I did five years ago or whatever.  As you say, technology has moved on.

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

We dont need to tell em, the viewing figures will do that - the only hope is C4 getting good numbers. The 10000 or so Champ fans will get rid of Sky sports and save a few bob watching a comp they are in.That number will bring no cash to the table and bring closure to any future deals, whilst Sky renegotiate on lost subs and reduced viewers.

So championship fans should pay for Sky not to watch their team but to make sure the next TV deal puts money into SL?? 🤔🤔

Take it your a SL fan....

30 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Nope, Premier Player isn't available as an app on Apple TV etc, so I can't watch it fannying around with casting or a laptop like I did five years ago or whatever.  As you say, technology has moved on.

WatchNRL is good but at times the chromecasting thingy just won’t link to my telly , or during a game it’ll just cut off . It is a down side and I end up  watching on my iPad 

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

WatchNRL is good but at times the chromecasting thingy just won’t link to my telly , or during a game it’ll just cut off . It is a down side and I end up  watching on my iPad 

WatchNRL is very good, agreed, and is available as an Apple TV app - as is Now TV for Sky Sports. 

If Premier goes the same way, I'll sign up... 

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

WatchNRL has a native app on Chromecast mate. You don't need to cast from your iPad or phone - search 'Watch NRL' in the google app store. 👌

Brown and Cunningham have always been good on Sky and Pryce has been a nice addition to Sky, too. I’ve always liked Henderson, he did some Challenge Cup games on BBC for a while and his genuine excitement at watching a game of Rugby League live was infectious. Looks a good panel.

Mark Wilson’s a bit moany on the Forty20 podcast but I don’t know if that’s just that environment or whether he’s actually like that permanently. 

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

I watch it by Web browser on smart TV . Bookmarked and password is remembered on the tv

Had to mess with the browser settings to get it working though. 

6 hours ago, Damien said:

A strong line up:

Good line up that, plenty of knowledge from the ex players, all will bring some great insight and entertainment to the shows. Mark Wilson is an excellent choice as presenter, he will be good for any newcomers as he just talks the game and gives some understanding of the rules, rather than use cliche`s like the sky lot do.

18 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Jeez... all my tv is watched through either Chromecast of Apps on the tv.. Its literally the easiest thing to do, all of our tvs have a chromecast plugged into them so any app that i cannot download onto the tv is played from our phones/tablets.. no fannying about at all, in fact sometimes its faster than accessing the app on the tv!

2 hours ago, RP London said:

Jeez... all my tv is watched through either Chromecast of Apps on the tv.. Its literally the easiest thing to do, all of our tvs have a chromecast plugged into them so any app that i cannot download onto the tv is played from our phones/tablets.. no fannying about at all, in fact sometimes its faster than accessing the app on the tv!

Oh well. I expect dedicated apps in 2022. 

46 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Oh well. I expect dedicated apps in 2022. 

you do know that companies have to negotiate this sort of thing and it doesnt always work out don't you?... should i fall out with Channel 4 because my LG TV doesn't have it as they fell out with each other for a while and so the LG I have (well one of them the other has it due to the time it was made) wont support 4OD? no i just beam it from my phone to the chromecast.. 

IMHO If you want to watch it you will, if you dont want to then fine but dont make some dumb excuse.. 

Good news. Just checked out the last 5 Union posts, United Rugby Championship etc, far less interaction than the Last 5 Championship RL posts.....👏👍

Highlight clip of the famous Sharks & Lions only got 700 views and 1 like and its been up a week for just one of many  examples.  

I think the Championship as surpassed the rugga championship and will soon leave the United rugga behind as well.

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

Good news. Just checked out the last 5 Union posts, United Rugby Championship etc, far less interaction than the Last 5 Championship RL posts.....👏👍

Highlight clip of the famous Sharks & Lions only got 700 views and 1 like and its been up a week for just one of many  examples.  

I think the Championship as surpassed the rugga championship and will soon leave the United rugga behind as well.

What site is that on?

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

51k average viewership for the first game, not a bad start that!

If that is confirmed as the true average by Barb, it is an excellent figure and smashes most shows out of the park, probably only Scottish FA Cup will beat that. 

If it is an overnight figure though it is likely to be lower on Barb. 

From memory last time these games were on Premier we got around 8k.

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

51k average viewership for the first game, not a bad start that!

Absolutely mad that. Obviously first game will be high for various reasons but the scale of it on, lets face it, a niche channel is impressive. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Archived