Premier Sports

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Even if not attractive games Rangers and Celtic are behemoths who’s fans will watch them play anyone (see Rangers’ crowds in the fourth tier). 

From memory they generally return between 60 to 90k and they did peak at around 130k last year. 

It does also show that the fluctuations in interest isn't just an RL thing. 

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Dave T said:

Rd 2:

1st - Championship RL (77.2k)

2nd - Scottish FA Cup - Celtic v Raith (67.7k)

3rd - SFA Cup - Rangers v Annan (41.8k)

4th - French RU (14.6k)

5th - United RU (9.3k)

Its going rather well, I must say. 

Wonder what nascars numbers on Premier are? Should imagine Daytona 500 was big Premier Sports properties wise. 

8 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

I used the same log in as my account and it doesn’t work … 😞

There is a link to click if you are a Sky customer, make sure you are going in via that. I'm not, but I did notice that earlier this week...

41 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Leigh v Widnes 85,000 average and 105,000 peak, according to Premier's marketing boss.

That's a lot of eyes. Even more so when you consider how many of those viewers will have been Widnes fans.

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That's a lot of eyes. Even more so when you consider how many of those viewers will have been Widnes fans.

What these figures are saying to me is that the value of Rugby League is not just found in Super League, which we were told for so many years by Sky when they were effectively given the Championship and put it on the shelf.

16 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

What these figures are saying to me is that the value of Rugby League is not just found in Super League, which we were told for so many years by Sky when they were effectively given the Championship and put it on the shelf.

I've genuinely forgotten - how much did Premier pay for the Championship rights in the end?

There was a figure given, wasn't there?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Barb has the first 3 games as 41k, 77k and 46k.

I suppose the challenge is that whilst these figures are good, your word value is crucial. What value is there in a 50k figure for Sky? They don't want to pay production costs for that number, which would efectively be the 3rd or 4th highest RL game at a weekend. They will happily broadcast it if provided to them as TWP have shown. 

And the same goes with SL. They appear to be quite happy to pay for 2 or 3 games a weekend, there doesn't appear to be value for money in paying for 3rd,4th or 5th games. 

15 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I've genuinely forgotten - how much did Premier pay for the Championship rights in the end?

There was a figure given, wasn't there?

There was no figure given officially, but as far as I'm aware it was something in excess of £200K for the season.

Just now, Martyn Sadler said:

There was no figure given officially, but as far as I'm aware it was something in excess of £200K for the season.

Thanks. I couldn't find it when looking before.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I suppose the challenge is that whilst these figures are good, your word value is crucial. What value is there in a 50k figure for Sky? They don't want to pay production costs for that number, which would efectively be the 3rd or 4th highest RL game at a weekend. They will happily broadcast it if provided to them as TWP have shown. 

And the same goes with SL. They appear to be quite happy to pay for 2 or 3 games a weekend, there doesn't appear to be value for money in paying for 3rd,4th or 5th games. 

I think the figures for Championship would be higher on Sky. More people have Sky Sports than Premier.

Championship RL might be of greater benefit to Premier though as it probably has helped increase the amount of subscribers

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

This is why so many top sports leagues film their own content so they can sell it.

25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

This is why so many top sports leagues film their own content so they can sell it.

Do you mean like we could have done via our league for the championship and made a good wedge via subs and much more via the value of the site. If 30000 have bought a subscription that would be £2.5m and not £200k 

23 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Do you mean like we could have done via our league for the championship and made a good wedge via subs and much more via the value of the site. If 30000 have bought a subscription that would be £2.5m and not £200k 

No, because they sell generally them onto traditional broadcasters.

40 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

How much would production costs be on a like for like basis?

Archived