Premier Sports

23 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

I did email them and suggested they should explore other League to compliment e.g. the European nations or French or Serbian, or some ncl like they used to put on. I'm not sure I would  pay the non-discount rate of 12 quid a month for one championship game a week. 

The problem with all that is no-one is filming them to the quality to show on TV, and the NCL can't have had good viewing figures or it would have kept going. The amateurish presentation of that didn't help.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

The problem with all that is no-one is filming them to the quality to show on TV, and the NCL can't have had good viewing figures or it would have kept going. The amateurish presentation of that didn't help.

Bringing back that commentator and the footage was horrific. Thankfully, it was beyond a paywall that few actually had/have. 

13 hours ago, Szymala said:

What is the going rate for this service - is it £12.99 per month ?

I'd love to know how many have actually signed up for it.

As a Sky customer, I have just signed up.  I went for the one-off payment option of £129, so that is £10.75 a month.  I will also watch the GAA and ice hockey, but I will be giving the foreign soccer and the rugby union a miss.

4 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

As a Sky customer, I have just signed up.  I went for the one-off payment option of £129, so that is £10.75 a month.  I will also watch the GAA and ice hockey, but I will be giving the foreign soccer and the rugby union a miss.

Don't think you can get the GAA in the UK, but hopefully wring with that. 

16 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yes, let's tell the TV firms we don't want RL on TV as some fans will stay at home.

We dont need to tell em, the viewing figures will do that - the only hope is C4 getting good numbers. The 10000 or so Champ fans will get rid of Sky sports and save a few bob watching a comp they are in.That number will bring no cash to the table and bring closure to any future deals, whilst Sky renegotiate on lost subs and reduced viewers.

1 hour ago, thebrewxi said:

Don't think you can get the GAA in the UK, but hopefully wring with that. 

You will be pleased to hear that you do appear to be wrong, thebrewxi!  The PS website says "GAA programming available to UK subscribers only."  However, it does add that it is not available via Premier Player.

25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

So contrary to certain "FACTS" on here it is going ahead!

When was the vote?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Someone called Emma Jones hosting the coverage

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/emma-jones-presenter-premier-sports-championship-rugby-league/?fbclid=IwAR1HKMZdjBvd60nd5AR_vNSXEcspjTueHqXgUQ0OhyvfpilRhtCqYoaLT_A

I'm not familiar with her work, but she's definitely easier on the eye than Barry and Terry

Archived