UFO's ...etc

Just watched a bit of a 'mysteries' type programme about UFO"s, with Shaun Ryder of all people.

But it got me thinking, has anyone on here been abducted by aliens or anything exciting? Or think they have seen one?  

Edit: other random unexplained stuff welcome. 

Edited by Johnoco
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Just watched a bit of a 'mysteries' type programme about UFO"s, with Shaun Ryder of all people.

But it got me thinking, has anyone on here been abducted by aliens or anything exciting? Or think they have seen one?  

Not the only time Shaun's signed up for some made-up nonsense TV. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... "Ghost Hunting with the Happy Mondays"! Note: this is not one of Alan Partridge's programme pitches to Tony Hayers of the BBC.

• Thanks 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

8 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Just been doing a bit of trying to understand German by picking a programme of interest on their equivalent of the iPlayer.

Some interesting stuff about radio signals from Proxima Centauri.

I was getting all set to be wowed and then they announced, "Sorry, definitely not aliens."

Well, that was a waste of time then.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not the only time Shaun's signed up for some made-up nonsense TV. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... "Ghost Hunting with the Happy Mondays"! Note: this is not one of Alan Partridge's programme pitches to Tony Hayers of the BBC.

Obviously my first thought was what he was on when he saw many of his sightings. He said once there was some weird lights floating around but they were explained away by it being from Salfords Ground. 😆

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Or think they have seen one?  

I always find it amusing that Aliens apparently go to the effort of travelling millions of light years across the universe, just to play an intergalactic game of knock and run. And if you don’t want to be seen, at least switch off the coloured flashing lights 😆

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

37 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

I always find it amusing that Aliens apparently go to the effort of travelling millions of light years across the universe, just to play an intergalactic game of knock and run. And if you don’t want to be seen, at least switch off the coloured flashing lights 😆

Who can tell? Very strange people those alien types

2 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Never seen a UFO . Seen a few ghosts when I was a youngster 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Not unless I hallucinated those Austalian space aliens probing me. 

When you woke up was there about 30 dollars folded on your bedside table that you couldn’t explain? 

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

30?! I'm not that cheap!! 

Then I’ve been totally underselling myself! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

All I could understand was something about being in charge of the NRL and how they were going to sabotage the world cup. 

IF you could understand any of it they weren't from Queensland 

Some misunderstanding here. We are ALL aliens, living in a  virtual reality parallel universe generated by the lizard people. These UFOs of which you speak are merely the normals checking up on their creations.

Edited by JohnM

The problem with being punctual is that there is no one there to appreciate it.

the wife said she thought she had seen a grey shadowy figure in the middle of the night in our bedroom last year I said "it wasn't going through my trouser pockets by any chance. was it?" as theres always the mystery of the missing change to solve!

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Wiganers think it's all pie in the sky.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

22 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yeah I've been abducted by aliens before. 

Did they make you walk back by yourself? 

I may have been abducted, I woke up one morning after a night out with no explanation of how I'd got back. Neither could I explain to Mrs V about the tear in the backside of my jeans with the lipstick circle around it. 

Edited by voteronniegibbs

Wibble

I love watching the Ancient Aliens series on Discovery etc. Aliens must have built this, built that. These ancient architectures, art works only make sense from the sky. Yet, not one of these alien ships crashed and left debris, lost a single artifact that cannot be explained. Also they had technology that could guide them across light years of space but needed a pile of rocks to show them where to land.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Did they make you walk back by yourself? 

I may have been abducted, I woke up one morning after a night out with no explanation of how I'd got back. Neither could I explain to Mrs V about the tear in the backside of my jeans with the lipstick circle around it. 

All I remember is they left me miles from my house in one of those large commercial bins. They'd tagged me, I guess for their records on who they've abducted, by sticking a traffic cone on my head. Whatever kind of psychic brain power they'd used to knock me had given me a hell of a headache and my a**e absolutely killed from the probing. Also for some reason they'd saturated my shirt in grease from some kind of alien foodstuff that looked very similar to a kebab. Don't quite remember how I got out of the bin. I just remember some beeping, I guess from the ufo, and the bin being lifted up and a dark cavernous void that the bin was being dropped into before it all suddenly stopped and there was some shouting. I think I passed out after that maybe. And then I woke up and there was a blinding light and I was in a hospital bed. Hell of an experience and no one believed me! 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Haha 1