York vs Cas

AB Knight

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, White Knight said:

Agree AB. Looks like there’s going to be a big crowd for this. A new LNER Knights record!

Are the club going to open another stand for this match with the anticipated attendance or is that down to the stadium management ?

Good question. Just viewed the area availability for the match and seven out of the nine sections of the east stand are now either unavailable or limited availability. The remaining two, EH and EI, are still showing availability. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Good workout for the boy's today , obviously outclassed by the fulltime side , nice to see so many cas fan's in a circa 3500 crowd , just a shame that only 1 stand was open , many arriving after 2.45 forced to sit in the corners plus stewards constantly asking people to move, the club and stadium management knew a large crowd would be present ,  just hope theve Learnt from this and not put potential new fan's off .

2 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Good workout for the boy's today , obviously outclassed by the fulltime side , nice to see so many cas fan's in a circa 3500 crowd , just a shame that only 1 stand was open , many arriving after 2.45 forced to sit in the corners plus stewards constantly asking people to move, the club and stadium management knew a large crowd would be present ,  just hope theve Learnt from this and not put potential new fan's off .

How come City have more stands open but we only ever have one, it will be another good crowd when we play Fev.

A good run out today.Good crowd but the way we were crammed into one stand like that was mad.

We are joint custodians of the ground so why were we all in one stand.Its not a good advert for the club for anyone who has come to watch for the first time.

The club need to wake up to this and use the other stands aswell when you get crowds like today.Not that I heard the attendance again.

I hope this improves as the season goes on.What one club can do then we should be able to aswell 

Good runout for both side. Cas certainly took the game seriously and the Knights never took a backward step. At 16-0 down after 10 minutes you feared a very heavy defeat but the lads plugged away and deservedly scored two good tries in the second half. Matty’s been the best of the day I’d say. 

Hopefully no serious injuries, a couple of lads came off with knocks let’s hope they’re nothing serious and everyone is available for Fev. 

Good performances across the pitch, nice to see Kriss B looking sharp after his injury nightmares. A fit Kriss is a very good player in this league.

Knights MOM…Marshy with a big shoutout to Thompson who gets through so much work. 

On the crowd, I’d say they’d be about 2500-3000. Looked slightly more than the City game on Saturday which was 2300. Really can’t workout why the club doesn’t open the south stand. City only had the two open v Slough but it wasn’t the biggest draw in the Trophy. I actually prefer the West stand. Now I’d love to see that open. 

Fev will bring a few even though it’s on the box. Why don’t they house away fans in the away end. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Archived