York vs Cas

AB Knight

Here’s a stat for you, there have been 32 events at the stadium with crowds (19 City, 12 Knights and 1 football community day) and there are still the same issues at match 32 as there were at match 1. It needs sorting and needs sorting ASAP because I worry we will lose floating fans. 

And I’ll echo what others have said, why cram us all into 1 stand when there were 3000 or so there, when City (who’s crowds are also normally around the 3,000 mark) often have the luxury of 3 stands to choose from. Fully appreciate on the day itself it’s difficult because they’d need extra stewards to open up another stand but all week long we’ve been told ticket sales were strong.

I really hope Clint makes it one of his first targets to get these issues resolved and put pressure on the stadium management group or whoever is ultimately responsible. Oh and if we can get the attendances given too, happy days.

Onto the match itself it was a decent run out, thought our forwards were immense, definitely looking like a much more solid team this year. Kirmond man of the match for me. I liked how Ogden got involved too. Thompson, Brinning, Marsh all good games. 

Onto Fev next, I fully expect them to bring similar numbers to their dear beloved cousins from down the road, so please let’s get another stand open.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from Cas. scoring half their points in the first quarter of an hour the first 30 minutes of the game was spoiled for us by stewards trying to seat fans in their correct seats which were occupied by people who had been told to sit where they could because their seats were already taken. What a #### up! All caused by one or two stewards telling folk to sit where they want.

The Knights seemed to get up to the tempo of the game in the 2nd half and were unlucky not to score more points. Pity Oakes had a try disallowed for a definite forward pass considering 2 or 3 Cas. tries seemed to involve forward passes but it must be said Cas. played some classy stuff in the first half.

17 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Two stands are open for the Fev game, the Cappers have the North Stand to themselves.

To make it look better for the t.v. cameras I would think then back to chaos when there aren't any cameras. Hope I'm wrong but we'll see. It's a shame if that is the case because like has already been said, it just discourages floating/ first time potential fans from returning. I appreciate there could be games where 2 stands aren't required but it shouldn't be decided by whether the game's being televised or not.

33 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Two stands are open for the Fev game, the Cappers have the North Stand to themselves.

Thanks gav , you for one do have some influence in these matters , try not to let it happen again 

Butterworth suspected collarbone injury. Jack Logan concussion. Pauli Pauli 'a strain but hopefully not too serious.'

After Cas' super fast start and any team would have struggled to have handled those runs of Evalds, I thought we did well.

Middles were generally strong. Both Jubby and Kriss worked hard as did Jordy T. Ogden looked really promising. Kirmo had a cracker, real workhorse and looks a bit fitter than last season and Matty Marsh is an SL player playing in the Championship ( but don't tell anyone ).

Liam had a challenging day, didn't he. Had to tackle a Cas player without the ball, which wouldn't have been the case had the officials pulled the outrageous forward pass to Dan Smith and then had to go to the bin again for a little swinger after a Cas player threw a bigger swinger first.

Glad it was a friendly cos the officiating was really poor.

Great try by Marshy, got the nod from Jamie Ellis and was good enough to chase the ball down.

PP didn't spend long enough on the field but there werea few Cas lads who thought they had tried to tackle a runaway truck. He must have swatted Sutcliffe a good ten metres!

Firstly, a great game of rugby, all the York lads can hold their heads up high. Secondly I don't think Pauli Pauili is fit, his knee being so heavily bandaged so early in the season is a worry.

Lastly, I have always had a soft spot for Cas, but the behavior and language from some of their fans near me was ridiculous, you would think it was Wembley not a pre-season friendly. All clubs attract idiots, it appears the larger the club the more idiots you attract.

30 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

the SMC is continuing to do everything it can to disrupt the rugby club at every turn. they should be removed

Yep. Effing useless. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

29 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

the SMC is continuing to do everything it can to disrupt the rugby club at every turn. they should be removed

It’s doing everything to disrupt the football club too and I’m sure someone told McGill is something to do with SMC. The whole system is a shambles. Fans of both clubs deserve better. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

From twitter “The SMC was registered at Companies House in September 2017 as a company with Jason McGill as sole shareholder. However in September 2018 all shares were transferred from Mr McGill to YCFC.” “The SMC is a subsidiary of the football club, with a separate board of directors (McGill). Any profits could be paid to the football club in the form of dividends.” 

the SMC don’t give a monkeys about the rugby club. 

20 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Apart from Cas. scoring half their points in the first quarter of an hour the first 30 minutes of the game was spoiled for us by stewards trying to seat fans in their correct seats which were occupied by people who had been told to sit where they could because their seats were already taken. What a #### up! All caused by one or two stewards telling folk to sit where they want.

The Knights seemed to get up to the tempo of the game in the 2nd half and were unlucky not to score more points. Pity Oakes had a try disallowed for a definite forward pass considering 2 or 3 Cas. tries seemed to involve forward passes but it must be said Cas. played some classy stuff in the first half.

Blocks D E and F are allocated seating so the stewards telling peeps they can sit where they want is irresponsible and the cause of folks being told to move , people buying a particular season ticket seat in those blocks have a right to be peeved , this happened last season too.

This needs sorting PDQ.

Yes it’s not good when you turn up to watch and have to ask someone to leave the seat which  you have booked. It happened a lot last season even the last match against London I turned up to my booked seat to find someone sat there I explained that I had booked the seat only to be looked at and spoke to like something they had stood on. When they moved along I told them the next four seats were taken too only to be told they were season ticket holders and could sit where they wanted eventually when the family who sit there arrived they left but with further protesting it seems you qualify to sit where you please after supporting a team for over a certain number of years I must be close I have supported York for over 40 years yet I still show respect to fellow fans.

It puts a downer on your match day I have booked the same seat this year but yet to sit in it because I don’t want the hassle but if it continues like last season with the seating I won’t be buying a season ticket next year just turn up on the day I go to enjoy the game and support my team not get into arguments about seating it does need sorting out ASAP. I know it has been mentioned to the stadium management company but they either don’t care or can not train there staff.

Echoing Acaster Knights’s point, being stuck amongst the Cas lot wasn’t much fun. I’ve been watching York for over 40 years and I’m no shrinking violet, but it is a depressing experience too listen to vile language, moronic chanting and the sad realisation for that a number of RL fans are barely literate, myopic foul-mouthed filth. If that’s what they are like at a friendly I’d hate to see them at a match that mattered. I love League, but the “family game” image died years ago. Much as I dislike the ‘old school’ in Union, it’s a hell of a lot more welcoming game. My boy played RL at a good junior level for Siddal and represented Yorkshire at Union. As a League man I hate to say it was darn site pleasanter going to the Union clubs that the RL ones’ where even at junior level abuse, referee intimidation and an undercurrent of violence was often bubbling under.  Back to yesterday,  I think I’d rather stay in the Championship than suffer that every week. 

21 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Echoing Acaster Knights’s point, being stuck amongst the Cas lot wasn’t much fun. I’ve been watching York for over 40 years and I’m no shrinking violet, but it is a depressing experience too listen to vile language, moronic chanting and the sad realisation for that a number of RL fans are barely literate, myopic foul-mouthed filth. If that’s what they are like at a friendly I’d hate to see them at a match that mattered. I love League, but the “family game” image died years ago. Much as I dislike the ‘old school’ in Union, it’s a hell of a lot more welcoming game. My boy played RL at a good junior level for Siddal and represented Yorkshire at Union. As a League man I hate to say it was darn site pleasanter going to the Union clubs that the RL ones’ where even at junior level abuse, referee intimidation and an undercurrent of violence was often bubbling under.  Back to yesterday,  I think I’d rather stay in the Championship than suffer that every week. 

Which is why, and this is perfectly possible in our new stadium,we should be segregated. 

Yesterday the west stand should of been given to the Cas fans and us in the East stand.

I fully agree the family image of Rugby League is a load of fanciful rubbish and is shown to be the case when opposition fans are put together with alcohol freely on sale.

I think its worth spending a bit more on stewarding etc to open another stand than to have people's enjoyment of the game spoilt.

After all the complaints on various social media outlets I hope the club and so called stadium management company can knock their heads together and simply open 2 stands as a minimum .

When we travel to most away games we can sit or stand where we want ,  so please stop treating us like  cattle and penning everyone together .

12 hours ago, Roger York said:

Yes it’s not good when you turn up to watch and have to ask someone to leave the seat which  you have booked. It happened a lot last season even the last match against London I turned up to my booked seat to find someone sat there I explained that I had booked the seat only to be looked at and spoke to like something they had stood on. When they moved along I told them the next four seats were taken too only to be told they were season ticket holders and could sit where they wanted eventually when the family who sit there arrived they left but with further protesting it seems you qualify to sit where you please after supporting a team for over a certain number of years I must be close I have supported York for over 40 years yet I still show respect to fellow fans.

It puts a downer on your match day I have booked the same seat this year but yet to sit in it because I don’t want the hassle but if it continues like last season with the seating I won’t be buying a season ticket next year just turn up on the day I go to enjoy the game and support my team not get into arguments about seating it does need sorting out ASAP. I know it has been mentioned to the stadium management company but they either don’t care or can not train there staff.

I was sat behind you in our seats when this happened Roger York, the fans you refer to think they are above and beyond any rules as they 'do so much for the club'  Have to say, it made my day that game to see them having to move while muttering and grumbling 😀

Seriously though, it does need sorting out, we upgraded to premier membership this year to hopefully avoid this but there were people in our seats on Sunday.  Maybe a first job for our new chairman - put a bit of pressure on the SMC to do their job properly

Premier Season ticket holders pay a premium for their seats and should rightly be able to use them. In addition people in hospitality and those that have paid to experience the Premier Lounge experience as a one off should be allowed to take their seats too. The key thing is that, when allocating seats to the latter two groups, it is necessary to exclude any seats already allocated to Premier Season ticket holders. It really is not 🚀 science.

Sundays game reminded me of playing musical chairs as a kid. It seemed like the number of fans in the east stand was very close to the number of seats available, if not more. Groups were looking for spaces in areas where there were only isolated seats available, so unless they split up they were never going to fit. That resulted in booked seats being incorrectly taken which resulted in the problems seen. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Archived