York vs Cas

AB Knight

4 hours ago, andyacko said:

I know it's not really the point but if I had paid for a particular seat, I might be inclined to manufacture a 'season ticket holder' sticker to clap on there. 😉

Yes , and as the Knights office is next door to SMC/City office they should be on speaking terms.

Or are City/SMC jealous that Knights Office is four times the size of theirs and have taken their ball home.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, andyacko said:

I know it's not really the point but if I had paid for a particular seat, I might be inclined to manufacture a 'season ticket holder' sticker to clap on there. 😉

Good idea Andy but I would have thought that should already have been done by either the Knights office or more likely the ticket office. They could put stickers on for the rugby season ticket holders and also for the soccer club's season ticket holders as they should have lists of both. This is what we see at other clubs and it seems to work ok.

15 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

Good idea Andy but I would have thought that should already have been done by either the Knights office or more likely the ticket office. They could put stickers on for the rugby season ticket holders and also for the soccer club's season ticket holders as they should have lists of both. This is what we see at other clubs and it seems to work ok.

All well and good if that season ticket holder turns up or more importantly sticks to that particular seat.

34 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

All well and good if that season ticket holder turns up or more importantly sticks to that particular sea

Was allocated the same seats as last season and didn't use them as we went with other people and wanted to sit together which we wouldn't have been able to do,went to the city game over Christmas and got a seat number,but you didn't have to sit in the that seat as long as you sat in that section,but do agree on opening another stand for away supporters.

9 minutes ago, Puk said:

Was allocated the same seats as last season and didn't use them as we went with other people and wanted to sit together which we wouldn't have been able to do,went to the city game over Christmas and got a seat number,but you didn't have to sit in the that seat as long as you sat in that section,but do agree on opening another stand for away supporters.

Exactly , if your mates weren't there you could have gone back to your allocated seats and ask the persons to move , effectively you had 2 positions available !  , I personally feel the way forward is that only the premier seats are bookable , the rest should be first come first served .

There are 5 of us in our group and we have season tickets in Premier. Arrived on Sunday and a couple with 2 young daughters were sat in 4 of our seats. They wouldn't move at first and told us to sit in some seats directly in front of ours on the next row. We said no because someone would be coming along with tickets for those seats and demanding WE move. After some arguing the toss they eventually moved and they sat in the seats on the row in front. Sure enough, 5 minutes after kick off, 2 couples arrived with drinks in hand demanding those seats for which they'd paid £45 apiece  including hospitality. Finally a steward arrived and the argument continued until the couple and 2 kiddies left the seats with the steward and we saw them end up sat near the corner flag, right at the end of the stand. 

11 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

the couple and 2 kiddies left the seats with the steward and we saw them end up sat near the corner flag, right at the end of the stand. 

this mess is not only bad for season ticket holders but for the folks who are turfed out of seats they have been told they can sit in by stewards, or being given a ticket which says 'unallocated' on it. are the above couple goin to have enjoyed their day at the rugby and b desperate to return? i doubt it.

giving ST holders allocated seats and everyone else unallocated seats is causing chaos as some S/T holders do not want to sit on 'their' seats. the club makes extra cash out of this arrangement so they simply have to stump up and open extra stands for the unallocated ticket holders who may well have had 'their' seat taken by a ST holder sitting in an unallocated seat.

in effect when doin the maths for how many stand to open it should be factored in that say 50% of allocated seat holders will require access to 2 seats!

To be honest it’s a farce you have we have a fantastic stadium we are building a great club yet we get let down by external forces. To open one stand on Sunday was embarrassing the stand can’t have been far off full what happened when it’s full do we turn customers who wanted to pay on the day away or rush around ring stewards and open another stand?? 

The questionnaire we received last year I’m sure a lot of people comments would have been to sort it out even when I picked my season ticket up last year the guy in front of me was complaining to the management company about the stewards letting people sit where they want.

Your right if the people who were sat in the premier seats were visiting for the first time they are very unlikely to return due to been misinformed by the stewards we want extra supporters not to be losing them before we start. 

Hopefully we can rectify this and look forward to talking about the academy and more positive things.

Archived