Sat 15 - Sun 16 Jan: Pre-Season Friendlies Match Thread

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

FT Bradford Bulls 42-18 Hull FC

Listened to this via Mick Gledhill's commentary on t'internet

Good win for the Bulls, who played more or less the first team, against a youthful sounding Hull (lots of players I'd never heard of anyway)

Danny Brough testimonial by the way, and sounded like a decent crowd.

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Good result fir barra, was it a full strength Newcastle side?

Both sides were missing 5ish players but wasn't a million miles off full strength. 

After 60 minutes Newcastle blooded 5 or 6 young players. It was 24-22 to Barrow at that point. 

Not getting too carried away as a Barrow fan but if we stay injury free I'll be shocked if we are in the bottom 2. 

To use one of the annoying old cliches, think both coaches will be happy enough after the Fev/Leeds game. Fev were very competitive against a Leeds team that kept their starters on for the whole of the first half (including middles and hooker) and the score was 6-12 until a try on the stroke of half time.

Leeds made 11 changes at half time and will be encouraged by how well their fringe players went, Fev started the second half without Kopczak, Lockwood, Moors and Sene-Lefao but gradually brought them back in the second half and Fev inched their way back into the game.

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

To use one of the annoying old cliches, think both coaches will be happy enough after the Fev/Leeds game. Fev were very competitive against a Leeds team that kept their starters on for the whole of the first half (including middles and hooker) and the score was 6-12 until a try on the stroke of half time.

Leeds made 11 changes at half time and will be encouraged by how well their fringe players went, Fev started the second half without Kopczak, Lockwood, Moors and Sene-Lefao but gradually brought them back in the second half and Fev inched their way back into the game.

Win win then for Leeds and Leeds😂

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

Listened to this via Mick Gledhill's commentary on t'internet

Good win for the Bulls, who played more or less the first team, against a youthful sounding Hull (lots of players I'd never heard of anyway)

Danny Brough testimonial by the way, and sounded like a decent crowd.

It was indeed a very youthful team. Sao was the only player who would be in our first choice 17, then there were Fash and Johnstone. The rest can't have more than 10 SL appearances between them. I'm not sure I see the point from a Hull perspective. It will be good experience for the kids but with a new half back combination and hooker this year and only 1 other friendly I'd have liked to have seen a stronger team today. Even if you take them all off at half time the run out would have done them good.

19 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I like Fev’s ground but they need to invest in some new floodlights, half the pitch was in darkness!

And the pitch markings are confusing, well to Tom Briscoe anyway 🙂 

enjoyable game though, I think Fev will go well this year

Yeah we do especially in the corners.

Archived