Sat 15 - Sun 16 Jan: Pre-Season Friendlies Match Thread

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Did you go to the Fev Hotel ?

We were coming down from a weekend in North Yorkhire and didn't leave enough time in the end!......parked up and ran to make kick off!

Enjoyable game and day....when we got back our kids enjoyed playing Where's Wally to find us with the excellent  Fev TV YouTube video!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I like Fev’s ground but they need to invest in some new floodlights, half the pitch was in darkness!

And the pitch markings are confusing, well to Tom Briscoe anyway 🙂 

enjoyable game though, I think Fev will go well this year

Yeah I had to explain to my kid why there was an extra line....  I assume there was soccer played very recently?

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

To use one of the annoying old cliches, think both coaches will be happy enough after the Fev/Leeds game. Fev were very competitive against a Leeds team that kept their starters on for the whole of the first half (including middles and hooker) and the score was 6-12 until a try on the stroke of half time.

Leeds made 11 changes at half time and will be encouraged by how well their fringe players went, Fev started the second half without Kopczak, Lockwood, Moors and Sene-Lefao but gradually brought them back in the second half and Fev inched their way back into the game.

Did the eleven Leeds players then turn out for Fev. 

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

We were coming down from a weekend in North Yorkhire and didn't leave enough time in the end!......parked up and ran to make kick off!

Enjoyable game and day....when we got back our kids enjoyed playing Where's Wally to find us with the excellent  Fev TV YouTube video!!

Very good. 

Trinity won 52-24

Apart from 20 minutes in the second half when we over substituted it was a dominant display against a committed Fax side.

For Trinity, new signings  Jai Whitbread, Tom Lineham and especially Liam Hood went really well, all great additions.

Most pleasing was again the showing of Trinity's impressive batch of youngsters. Yusuf Aydin has now pretty much graduated to a first choice prop. However young prop Isaac Shaw ran him close with a very powerful and mature display for one so young.

Liam Kay's transition to the hooking roll now looks complete. Of course they are only friendlies so it's impossible to judge the team as a whole, but there were definitely some good individual performance.

Halifax, they won't win the Championship IMHO but I reckon they will have a big say in who will.

Nice run out for Salford V Swinton Lions. Good to see the new signings settling in. Swinton had plenty of possession but looked rusty and Salford defended well.

Brodie Croft had a good Debut, in fact most of the new boys from the backs managed to score.

Good to get to a game, it seems a very long time with one thing and another.

Archived