Great read!! Excellent work being done indeed. I would love to visit Galway and see a match there some day! 

To be honest, I don't think they stand a chance against Pilkington. But that shouldn't matter, the fact they are even playing is a great achievement. Hopefully they can become mainstays in the Challenge Cup and eventually play a home tie (and get their first win)! But for now, one step at a time. I hope they enjoy the whole experience.

16 hours ago, langpark said:

Great read!! Excellent work being done indeed. I would love to visit Galway and see a match there some day! 

To be honest, I don't think they stand a chance against Pilkington. But that shouldn't matter, the fact they are even playing is a great achievement. Hopefully they can become mainstays in the Challenge Cup and eventually play a home tie (and get their first win)! But for now, one step at a time. I hope they enjoy the whole experience.

They can't get a home tie. Galway were first out of the hat against Pilkingtons but apparently Cup rules state that non-British teams must always play away. They were looking to fundraise 5000 Euros to meet costs.

3 hours ago, bird said:

They can't get a home tie. Galway were first out of the hat against Pilkingtons but apparently Cup rules state that non-British teams must always play away. They were looking to fundraise 5000 Euros to meet costs.

Yes as the rules currently stand. That is why I said hopefully it may happen at some point in the future. 

23 hours ago, bird said:

Wouldn’t the travelling team get something back from the gate receipts? 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 15/01/2022 at 09:32, RayCee said:

Wouldn’t the travelling team get something back from the gate receipts? 

It seems unlikely.  Match costs would swallow up the gate receipts.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Archived