14-16 Jan: Betfred Challenge Cup First Round Match Thread

Mayfield's scrum half gets binned. Great opportunity for WSP now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Mayfield's scrum half gets binned. Great opportunity for WSP now.

Mayfield score instead!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

49 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Chargers game was excellent, lead changed hands four times and Chargers won it with the last play. 22-16.

Ellenborough were probably the more creative team, and scored a cracker from their own half, but Chargers hung in there really well and got on top physically. They did well to come from behind in the second half and win... as you say on the last play.

Thoroughly enjoyable game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Good game at Pilks today

Galway gave it a good go and never gave up.  Interception try had them up at half time

Hope they have not had to dash back for a ferry and are enjoying the sights of St Helens

hopefully they get back in next year and can play a home tie at home

orrel v army game has got better in 2nd half- didnt realise it was kevin brown as the co commentator - gonna go listen to some radiohead and the smiths to lighten my mood after listening to him

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 hours ago, headtackle said:

Good game at Pilks today

Galway gave it a good go and never gave up.  Interception try had them up at half time

Hope they have not had to dash back for a ferry and are enjoying the sights of St Helens

Nope……a night out in St Helens beckons….they’re stopping over tonight. Was at the game today. They had a very good kicking game. Their Stand Off had a bit about him. A little bit of RL ‘nous’ would’ve made the game a bit closer. They stood up very well in the in the physical aspect of the game.

Competitive and well attended game at Leigh Miners v Milford albeit both teams exhibited start of the season rustiness in their offensive plays not being as crisp and precise as we expect to witness after a few games in, but saying that some of the hits were big and cruel there will be some very sore bodies for a couple of days.

The Miners were losing 6-20 with about 20mins to go with Milford on top and looking the better team, they made a 50 meter break down the centre of the field but the Miners No6 caught the attacker and subsequently got 10mins for holding down, Milford missed an easily kickable penalty to extend their lead and this seemed to spark the Miners into action playing much better with a man down to haul down and pass Milford's 14point lead to win the game 22-20. Next up for the Leigh team is North Wales Crusaders at home.

11 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

orrel v army game has got better in 2nd half- didnt realise it was kevin brown as the co commentator - gonna go listen to some radiohead and the smiths to lighten my mood after listening to him

The main thing for me was that the season is back, with games to watch, at last. That fact alone lightened my mood significantly. Through enjoyed watching this.

Note: Nothing, absolutely nothing, could be worse than listening to the Smiths.

17 hours ago, headtackle said:

Good game at Pilks today

Yeah thought they did well and seemed to be enjoying themselves while they were out. There was talk after the game of Pilk’s trying to get over there for a game at some point which hopefully can come off. 

13 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

Nope……a night out in St Helens beckons….they’re stopping over tonight. Was at the game today. They had a very good kicking game. Their Stand Off had a bit about him. A little bit of RL ‘nous’ would’ve made the game a bit closer. They stood up very well in the in the physical aspect of the game.

Their kick offs worked all day and just goes to show it’s a massively under used weapon in RL. 

Archived