Change of ownership at York

Will be interesting to see see what York fans think of this.

From the outside he's saying the things you'd want to hear from a new owner and has done his homework. For the game anyone who wants to invest in the game on the face of it is a good thing. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic on this. That could just be because I watched the Allen Stanford documentary on Sky the other week, which leaves a bit of doubt!

Jon flatman wholeheartedly believes in York and iam sure the decision would not have been taken without future progressive developments at the club , 

Big thanks to Jon and a warm welcome to Clint , up the fantastic knights .

12 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Always a risk with new owners but everything is in place for York to be successful.  New owners tend to want their own coach though so I will be interested to see what happens at the end of this season.

James Ford signed a 3 year contract in November, when I’m sure those in charge knew what would be happening regarding the ownership change. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

15 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Hopefully Jon Chapman is going to take on another challenge within RL. Given what he has achieved with York he seems to be just the type of owner we need to keep involved in the sport.

Wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see him in charge of the RFL one day. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

11 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see him in charge of the RFL one day. 

Not much opposition currently in his way.

On a serious note was Jon an employee on a salary at YCK or an owner putting cash in? 

one things for certain is that pockets of depth will be needed at some point if York have SL ambition, I know little of Clint does he have the pockets to match ambition?

Yeah, just seen this on Look North news

It's a bit of a surprise. I got the feeling that Jon Flatman was going to be the long-term force behind York.

I wonder if he just felt that he'd 'taken the club as far as he could', as they often say.

Does anyone know if the new owner is...to coin a phrase...'loaded'?

24 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Yeah, just seen this on Look North news

It's a bit of a surprise. I got the feeling that Jon Flatman was going to be the long-term force behind York.

I wonder if he just felt that he'd 'taken the club as far as he could', as they often say.

Does anyone know if the new owner is...to coin a phrase...'loaded'?

Championship RL on Look North - now that’s something. 

Certainly Jon Flatman should be congratulated on his efforts and I hope he continues his involvement in the game. One never quite knows with a new owner but he has certainly said all the right things. Also nice to see a younger face, we have a few too many the wrong side of 70. Hope it all works out.

46 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Jon Flatman has been excellent and hopefully things will continue to progress York is a lovely club.

(On another note I see on the RL Fans site that someone has done a hatchet job on him which is a bit unfair)

Hatchet job or quoted what was available? I asked above did he have any cash, my 'googling' didnt find much but also Jon didnt come across as a wealthy lad - although I totally accept he is well liked by those who have spent time with him in RL.

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Jon Flatman has been excellent and hopefully things will continue to progress York is a lovely club.

(On another note I see on the RL Fans site that someone has done a hatchet job on him which is a bit unfair)

Your always going to get someone slagging people off no matter how well they have done, best to just to ignore them

16 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Hatchet job or quoted what was available? I asked above did he have any cash, my 'googling' didnt find much but also Jon didnt come across as a wealthy lad - although I totally accept he is well liked by those who have spent time with him in RL.

cards on the table.. I was at university with Jon and he is a good lad.. 

from my understanding of the situation and from memory of what was said when he became chairman he was not the money but the figure head/front of a group that was put together that did have cash. He has experience within the sport and within the sports admin so was a good person to put in charge rather than someone who did have money but no experience (something a few owners should probably have a look at!).

2 hours ago, RP London said:

cards on the table.. I was at university with Jon and he is a good lad.. 

from my understanding of the situation and from memory of what was said when he became chairman he was not the money but the figure head/front of a group that was put together that did have cash. He has experience within the sport and within the sports admin so was a good person to put in charge rather than someone who did have money but no experience (something a few owners should probably have a look at!).

Works well this system no different to the Dragons and Toulouse main man who puts some money in with some serious players in the background.

Paul

Archived