Newcastle game

town blue

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could not make the game today but sounds like I missed a good performance.

Newcastle in 2 weeks time will be a much tougher proposition though and I expect a very hard game especially as we will have Pez missing and possibly Cus depending on how our friends on the RFL disciplinary panel look at his Yellow card offence.This is going to be a difficult season but I like the fact that Chris and the board are still recruiting exciting young talent and as long as we show effort and determination I will take what ever results come along as this is a sensible approach for the long term survival and success of our club.

17 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Could not make the game today but sounds like I missed a good performance.

Newcastle in 2 weeks time will be a much tougher proposition though and I expect a very hard game especially as we will have Pez missing and possibly Cus depending on how our friends on the RFL disciplinary panel look at his Yellow card offence.This is going to be a difficult season but I like the fact that Chris and the board are still recruiting exciting young talent and as long as we show effort and determination I will take what ever results come along as this is a sensible approach for the long term survival and success of our club.

And potentially Fitzsimmons 

Ridiculous that things like that will get looked at during a friendly but that is always the problem with pre season friendlies that are also derby matches.Football referees tend to be more lenient if friendlies and it takes something really drastic to get a card.really hope common sense is used but very much doubt that with the RFL disciplinary panel ( Unless you are Super League that is )

2 hours ago, Brookie said:

The reason that Barrow won is because Newcastle took all there big guns off when leading 22-12

Barrow were actually winning 24-22 prior to putting some less experienced players in. Also adding to that Barrow also put trial players in the same time as Newcastle put these players on and barrow were still missing some of there biggest players for this game, although saying that the stand in players did us proud. Workington have a good chance against them as long as they play similar to how they did against us a couple of weeks ago. 

4 hours ago, Brookie said:

The reason that Barrow won is because Newcastle took all there big guns off when leading 22-12

Not the real story, Barrow were in front when both sides made their changes, Barrow took Sammut off to give young J Carter a run out and their full back as a precaution putting a centre in his place plus added 2 trialists. They aways looked strong in the game and the Thunder lead was short lived and down to a lucky 100 yard try from a stray goal line pass. 

Town squad taken from website 

Caine Barnes 

Ethan Bickerdike 

Joe Brown

Rhys Clarke

Alex Clegg

Hanley Dawson

Jamie Doran 

Conor Fitzsimmons 

Carl Forber

Matty Henson

John Hutchings 

Jake Lightowler 

Zac Olstrom

Lee Postlethwaite 

Evan Simmons

Malik Steele

Curtis Teare

Oscar Thomas

Jordan Thompson

Ciaran Walker

Alex Young 

Tommorows match is big one in my eyes as Its a winnable game in this tough league and we really need to pick up points in these type of fixtures this season, as there will be winnable games , very tough games and damage limitation games I.M.O

Archived