Newcastle game

town blue

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is going on at DP with the radio?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

5 minutes ago, Brookie said:

And still 0-0 on the BBC page, which I find hard to believe. Must be affected by the storm 

No it is still 0-0 after 25 mins. Town been better team but have blown a few chances. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Why do we consistently give away stupid penalties to piggy back teams up the field?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

1 minute ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Matter Henson off, hope its not serious.

Didn’t look good . A few chances we should have took there with the wind , but a really good effort so far and more than aiming up 

58 minutes ago, Keith T said:

What is going on at DP with the radio?

Had the same problem earlier here in Holland.

Sorted now and the amazing thing is over 1250 listening. 

Imagine if even 50% are local and mobile how this would equate to higher gates if they made the effort to get down to DP.!!

6 minutes ago, yanto said:

Had the same problem earlier here in Holland.

Sorted now and the amazing thing is over 1250 listening. 

Imagine if even 50% are local and mobile how this would equate to higher gates if they made the effort to get down to DP.!!

1509 now listening online alone. 

How does the club get these people to attend in person ???

Tough luck today I thought. Lost the ball twice in the act of scoring. Ultimately didn't make all the ball and territory count in in the first half. Thought we should have took 2 points on a few occasions. 

Thunder are a full time outfit looking at the play offs. Using that as a measure I'm confident we won't be the whipping boys some make us out to be. 

Few strong performances from Oscar Thomas, Jake Lightowler and Evan Simmons I thought. Hope Matty is back soon and Jake can recover from what was a clear high tackle!

Producing that effort every week will see us fine

A good effort in the conditions and with a bit more composure in the first half could have had a good lead at half time

A couple of things that need saying though, which might not be popular. Alex Young is absolute garbage and how he gets picked ahead of Olstrom or Teare is beyond me. He offers absolutely nothing and is a liability. Also, sad to say it but, as good a servant as he has been, Buffer isn’t up to this level anymore. Slow and predictable. Walker offers much more in attack.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

8 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Tough luck today I thought. Lost the ball twice in the act of scoring. Ultimately didn't make all the ball and territory count in in the first half. Thought we should have took 2 points on a few occasions. 

Thunder are a full time outfit looking at the play offs. Using that as a measure I'm confident we won't be the whipping boys some make us out to be. 

Few strong performances from Oscar Thomas, Jake Lightowler and Evan Simmons I thought. Hope Matty is back soon and Jake can recover from what was a clear high tackle!

Producing that effort every week will see us fine

Both Town and Haven given imposable tasks against full time sides, Whitehaven getting beat 38 / 4 and Barrow also getting beat

8 minutes ago, Derwent said:

A good effort in the conditions and with a bit more composure in the first half could have had a good lead at half time

A couple of things that need saying though, which might not be popular. Alex Young is absolute garbage and how he gets picked ahead of Olstrom or Teare is beyond me. He offers absolutely nothing and is a liability. Also, sad to say it but, as good a servant as he has been, Buffer isn’t up to this level anymore. Slow and predictable. Walker offers much more in attack.

Agree on both points. Thought walker was unlucky not to play after 2 motm displays but I can understand the thinking in not throwing him in. No idea how Young gets in, offers nothing in attack or defence.

15 minutes where thunder just rammed it down the middle did for us, our worry over not having size in the front row highlighted perfectly then.

I thought other than that we did well, but didn't really look like opening them up.

8 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Walker has been very good and I was shocked not to see him in. Thought buffer was in with the plan of taking 2 points whenever on offer? Didnt happen and we had plenty of opportunities to take 2 easy points. He did make a good line break in the 1st half. 

Honestly think with a different bounce of the ball we could have won today. Certainly not a performance to be ashamed of

Mixed feelings really . Good effort , gave everything and matched up to them in the main … but on reflection that was a game we could have won . We had to take more advantage of that first half with the wind , we had some clear chances and it’s a harsh lesson - you’ve got to nail them . At halftime as the conditions worsened it was always gonna be tough from then on .  All in all I didn’t think they were all that much tbh , yes they kept chugging down the pitch but look at their tries , one good one and three poor ones from our perspective . We lacked a bit of quality in the attacking zone and a bit of fortune . I don’t know why Walker wasn’t playing - he’s your xfactor with Henson ( we don’t need him injured ) and Teare should be in the backline , we’ve little strike there . I thought Barnes showed he’s as good as anything at this level , Doran tried hard and Simons is gonna be an excellent signing . This could be the story of the season - good effort but not quite enough 

I just think the lack of strike in the backs is a killer, sorry Alex shouldn’t be getting picked, I thought he struggled in league 1 never mind the championship, but I think leaving walker out killed us. We were camped in there half for the 1st 25 mins and other than Doran’s kick from the scrum never looked like breaking the deadlock, we need a half with a bit of speed and guile and he offers both. On another day we could have won the game, I thought newcastle were as bad as us in attack, clueless last tackle plays. Though Jordan Thompson was towns best today 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived