Where would you rather live?

I don't know how this will work with multiple people. Me and my mate play a game where we name two cities and the other person says which they'd prefer to live in. The preferred choice is then put up against another place until one is found that cannot be outdone. 

So I will start off. Someone say which they'd prefer to live in and then offer that choice against another city. 👍

56 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Paris or Madrid

Madrid. Food and weather, and lifestyle.

=====

Hamburg or Osaka? Two of my favourites.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Just now, Desert Skipper said:

Madrid. Food and weather, and lifestyle.

=====

Hamburg or Osaka? Two of my favourites.

Hang on, that should be Madrid or Hamburg shouldn’t it? 😂I get it now .

• Like 1

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

New York, land of possibilities and one of the few truly global cities.

I think you’re supposed to then offer:

”New York or …….”

1 hour ago, Desert Skipper said:

Hang on, that should be Madrid or Hamburg shouldn’t it? 😂I get it now .

Yeah that's how it works! 👍

2 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

I think you’re supposed to then offer:

”New York or …….”

Tommy was supposed to do that but I will just offer, 

New York or Rome

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Rome for me, the history being the real appeal. 

Rome or Tokyo

Rome.  Japan holds no appeal for me (I know - very short-sighted!)

Let's get a bit more local.

Rome or Ely?

36 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Rome.  Japan holds no appeal for me (I know - very short-sighted!)

Let's get a bit more local.

Rome or Ely?

Rome. For the comedy potential alone.

Rome or Salisbury

Rome. Salisbury is a lovely place with some outstanding architecture but is just too small, once you've done everything in a day what do you do then? Rome just has far more to see and do, far better atmosphere, generally much more exciting place. 

Right, seen as this is a RL forum, 

Rome or Sydney?

17 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Leigh or Geneva? Well, you can get to Geneva by train.......

I like Geneva, but I’m going to say Leigh. Living by the lake in Geneva is ridiculously expensive, and if you want a decent pub lunch you have to use your passport and drive 10 minutes across into France. 

You can get a lot of bang for your buck living by Pennington flash, the lake near Leigh. Some nice pubs too.

Leigh or Brighouse?

58 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

I like Geneva, but I’m going to say Leigh. Living by the lake in Geneva is ridiculously expensive, and if you want a decent pub lunch you have to use your passport and drive 10 minutes across into France. 

You can get a lot of bang for your buck living by Pennington flash, the lake near Leigh. Some nice pubs too.

Leigh or Brighouse?

Slight diversion. I've lived in both places. (well, Atherton, central Geneva and Meyrin) Higher pay in Geneva more than offset the higher cost of living. 

Edited by JohnM

I was about to say we might make fun of Leigh but it seems a few of us are preferring it to other places then I realised we'd only had Wigan, Geneva and Brighouse to choose from, not the most inspiring selection! 😂

Tough decision between Leigh and Toronto but I think Toronto probably just wins it. 

Toronto or Galway? 

Never been to Toronto, but Galway is great.  10.30 pm in a pub in town. Blink 182 lookalike band starts up, just as young woman arrives in pub with toddler in pushchair, despite the immense noise..  After midnight, arrived in other pub with jazz jam session in full swing till ,2 am .  A little worse for wear the following day.