Where would you rather live?

18 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was about to say we might make fun of Leigh but it seems a few of us are preferring it to other places then I realised we'd only had Wigan, Geneva and Brighouse to choose from, not the most inspiring selection! 😂

The choice between Wigan and a small town IN Wigan was interesting.

Toronto or Vancouver

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Slight diversion. I've lived in both places. (well, Atherton, central Geneva and Meyrin) Higher pay in Geneva more than offset the higher cost of living. 

Atherton, the big metropolis, eh, John M?

PS I lived in Astley!

38 minutes ago, JonM said:

The choice between Wigan and a small town IN Wigan was interesting.

Toronto or Vancouver

Toronto. Closer to places like Montreal and Quebec City and a direct train to the Maritime Provinces which are my favourite part of Canada. 

Toronto or Seattle (Battle of the Pointy Towers)

Perpignan ....food, wine and close enough to Spain for the best of both worlds though I doubt even there would make me into an RL fan again!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

20 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Toronto. Closer to places like Montreal and Quebec City and a direct train to the Maritime Provinces which are my favourite part of Canada. 

Seattle. 

It is a fun town, I worked there ten years ago. It really does have great coffee. 

So, there or Prague?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

8 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I do like a nice Czech lady. A lot of the videos I watch online seem to be produced in seedy flats in Prague. I remember the first time I visited Prague and the lady that ran the hostel I stayed in. Good memories... *Sigh*... Yep, definitely Prague. 

Prague or Copenhagen? 

Copenhagen - less pesky tourists.

Copenhagen or Karlovy Vary?

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

Where would I rather live is a bit like the above .... "I'd sleep with Betty but I'd be thinking of Wilma ..."

Edited by Oxford

4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Copenhagen - less pesky tourists.

Copenhagen or Karlovy Vary?

Karlovy Vary, though the spa waters were FOUL. Sadly, I broke the special drinking vessel I bought for use there. Carlsbad, the Russians fave spa.

Prague...so many memories ....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Personally my ideal sort of place is somewhere that is within a drivable distance from the city centre but on the outer side of Manchester.

So along with Seattle that'll make two places where someone has chosen to live " ...where it rains 11 months of the year."

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Karlovy Vary, though the spa waters were FOUL. Sadly, I broke the special drinking vessel I bought for use there. Carlsbad, the Russians fave spa.

Yes, I went there in 1995.  Lovely spot in Bohemia and we were there as part of an international film festival.

Our film didn’t win a prize but we did get a mention off the judges for being innovative with no budget (a horror film with cheap effects).

It was a great time though and we were mixing with the likes of New York Film Academy, Berlin Film School as Blackburn college students!

We also swiped the free drinks meant for Whoopi Goldberg but that's another story! 

9 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I presume this is a typing error on your part, HG, and that you meant to say 'Toronto or Settle'.

There is only one answer, of course - Settle.

I am sure your argument for the merits of Toronto is sound, but Settle is in the heart of the Dales, and you cannot say fairer than that!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

I'll just get the game back on track, we were up to Karlovy Vary as chosen by John here. 

Karlovy Vary or Kalgoorlie