Betfred Super League fantasy team competition

They didn’t get it up till about two weeks before the season started last year (it might have even been less time than that), which really isn’t long enough. They also do nothing to advertise or push it. The football equivalent is massive and brings together people of all ages, my 12 year old nephew is obsessed with the Premier League version, as usual Super League are doing nothing to attract younger people. 

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

They didn’t get it up till about two weeks before the season started last year (it might have even been less time than that), which really isn’t long enough. They also do nothing to advertise or push it. The football equivalent is massive and brings together people of all ages, my 12 year old nephew is obsessed with the Premier League version, as usual Super League are doing nothing to attract younger people. 

Well let's hope its out soon

A good half hour or so a week very nicely idled away on this during the season 

2 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

The nrl equivalent was out just before Christmas and their season starts after super league also. This also is a cracking fantasy competition to enter, especially if your into nrl rugby league.

I know they’re a bigger competition and have more participation than we do but it’s night and day, the comparison between the two. 

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I know they’re a bigger competition and have more participation than we do but it’s night and day, the comparison between the two. 

Yep agree, different types of fantasy game, different format, different rules. But still an option for those interested. Pity the super league one isn't as big, and probably never will be if not advertised properly 

11 hours ago, usain bolt said:

Yep agree, different types of fantasy game, different format, different rules. But still an option for those interested. Pity the super league one isn't as big, and probably never will be if not advertised properly 

I enjoy the SL version.....placed top 10% even with a few missed weeks of checks 

I find that paper in Hull has good injury updates for all SL clubs so let's me know who to drop / sign etc 

13 hours ago, jacobus said:

I have gone down the NRL route this season instead. 

I generally do the nrl one also as I prefer that format over the super league one. I used to enjoy the league express one but that stopped a few years ago, that was a different format again, all good if you enjoy fantasy style games. 

10 hours ago, usain bolt said:

I generally do the nrl one also as I prefer that format over the super league one. I used to enjoy the league express one but that stopped a few years ago, that was a different format again, all good if you enjoy fantasy style games. 

It forced me to check squads/injuries/disciplinarian which can be oddly interesting 

I’ll inevitably do the Super League one but finding stats about players that relate to how they score points in the fantasy game is nigh on impossible, whereas the NRL ones is incredibly in depth and you can definitely end up with paralysis by analysis. 

For those interested in the NRL version (Supercoach, rather than NRL Fantasy) there is a very competitive league run on the Australian forum of this very website. I would expect entries to be invited for that when the Supercoach site is made available to all users in the next week or so.

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

Two weeks out from the season and still “back soon for 2022”. No player price releases, no date of when people can actually put together a team, no hints about best performers in 2021. 

Is it any surprise though, very frustrating for those that want to get stuck into it, rather than throw a team together a day or 2 before. 

On 27/01/2022 at 23:50, usain bolt said:

Is it any surprise though, very frustrating for those that want to get stuck into it, rather than throw a team together a day or 2 before. 

It sums how Super League approaches things. Half hearted, no promotion and you wouldn’t know it was happening if you didn’t go out of your way to look for it.

Archived