Super League Table Predictions

8 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I don't necessarily think Wigan are being written off - we all know what they're capable of when they hit a roll and if they make the play offs anything could happen. 

I know the Saints fans came out in defence of their signings, when I suggested they maybe weren't as strong as last season. I'd find it incredible if anybody thinks that's true for Wigan - the incoming players are mediocre at best (I'll reserve judgement on Cust because he could be a find). The biggest plus for Wigan is a new coach but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be a better side with the players they have. 

The reason most think Leeds will be a better bet and finish higher than Wigan is they're on the way out of their bad years - they have been the last 2 seasons. This year they've added quality players in the key positions that were still lacking - that added to the fact the next batch of academy talent are now coming to age, puts them on the strongest footing in years. Wigan have the youth talent undoubtedly, but the senior squad that's been put together to nurture that seems disjointed at the moment and lacking quality, outside of the likes of French, Hardaker, Farrell and Bateman. 

I actually think it would be incredible if Wigan's new forwards could be any worse than the ones we had last season.

I'm not saying they are going to win every game, but i am willing to reserve judgement on the new signings until they are at least given a chance to fail.

With French returning they will have some flair back in the side and if Cust can fire you just never know. 

I certainly don't see them down in 7th as some posters on here seem to think.

I don't necessarily think Wigan are being written off - we all know what they're capable of when they hit a roll and if they make the play offs anything could happen. 

I know the Saints fans came out in defence of their signings, when I suggested they maybe weren't as strong as last season. I'd find it incredible if anybody thinks that's true for Wigan - the incoming players are mediocre at best (I'll reserve judgement on Cust because he could be a find). The biggest plus for Wigan is a new coach but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be a better side with the players they have. 

The reason most think Leeds will be a better bet and finish higher than Wigan is they're on the way out of their bad years - they have been the last 2 seasons. This year they've added quality players in the key positions that were still lacking - that added to the fact the next batch of academy talent are now coming to age, puts them on the strongest footing in years. Wigan have the youth talent undoubtedly, but the senior squad that's been put together to nurture that seems disjointed at the moment and lacking quality, outside of the likes of French, Hardaker, Farrell and Bateman. 

I actually think it would be incredible if Wigan's new forwards could be any worse than the ones we had last season.

I'm not saying they are going to win every game, but i am willing to reserve judgement on the new signings until they are at least given a chance to fail.

With French returning they will have some flair back in the side and if Cust can fire you just never know. 

On 20/01/2022 at 13:13, Forever Trinity said:

1 Wakefield

2 Saints

3 Catalans 

4 Warrington 

5 Hull FC

6 Huddersfield 

7 Wigan 

8 Hull KR

9 Castleford 

10 Toulouse 

11  Leeds

12 Salford 

Now that's more like it 👊

You've got to have dreams.

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

You can say that again.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Easy for you to say! 😉

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Haha 1

1. Saints - Don't see any reason why they won't still be the best in SL. There was some debate on whether they have strengthened or not. I'm not sure tbh, but if their new signings are a downgrade, it's not a big one.

2. Catalans - Again I expect them to be up competing. Also perhaps the vaccination rules in France could potentially tip the scales their way in one or two games if some players aren't allowed to travel?

3. Warrington - They will be there or there abouts as usual. I'm interested to see what impact Powell has on them.

4. Hull - The season is looming and once again I'm allowing myself to get carried away by putting Hull at the top end of the table. In all seriousness though, I think people are forgetting that we actually showed big improvements in the first half of last year, especially our goal line defence, then covid really derailed us. A few players were really effected by it, and on top of that we had a host of injuries and all our momentum died. I like our recruitment on paper, we have at least strengthened the positions we needed to. Keep an eye out for Lovodua, he looks really sharp.

5. Leeds - Pretty good squad, but as I always say, no team coach by Agar should ever be seriously in the grand final discussion. They will go ok but ultimately make little impact.

6. Wigan - The hardest one to call imo. Not least because I just don't know much about their signings. Maybe the likes of Cust can set SL alight, but I really don't know, so that's why they are right in the middle for me.

7. Hull KR - Exciting young squad, they will claim some scalps for sure, but fall just short of last years efforts imo.

8. Huddersfield - Really disappointing last year. Maybe they will improve a little but I can't get excited about them.

9. Castleford - I've seen the best and worst of Radford at Hull. In one off games he will get them playing out of their skin, but I expect them to be wildly inconsistent, and signing a few players that Hull didn't want isn't going to fire them up the table.

10. Salford - A few people tipping them to go down but I don't see it. I think their squad is pretty solid on paper and they will be fine.

11. Wakefield - See Salford pretty much. They just have a better squad than Toulouse and know what it's about.

12. Their squad is made up of players who have either never made too much impact on SL. Or players who could be exciting but have never played at the highest level before (the likes of Ford and Kheirallah sp?). They will win a few at home, but I think it will mostly be a long hard year.

On 20/01/2022 at 01:33, Snowys Backside said:

No one relegated.  SL to bottle the 10 league format and 2 up.

In my opinion not a chance Snowy, especially in light of a reduced funding for SL club's adding two more into the equation will only lend to dilute the handout even further, the only way it would be acceptable to the SL Chairmen is if it was offered to them they keep 100% of the Sky contract and the rest of the game can whistle.

Saints League Leaders and GF Winners, Toulouse Relegated, Leigh Promoted.

Saints and Catalan 1 and 2 no idea which way round. 

Wire,Wigan,Leeds and Hull 3 4 5 and 6 again could be in any order. 

Hull KR,Cas,Salford and Huddersfield 7 8 9 and 10

With Toulouse and Wakey battling to stay up. Wakefields experience just tipping the scales in their favour to avoid the drop. 

I think it's shaping up to be a really good year. St Helens look likely no. 1 again, but Catalans, Warrington, Leeds and Hull should all narrow the gap. Wigan are a bit of an unknown, but have some good young talent and could click. Hull KR will be interesting and could potentially compete with the top teams, and I think on paper, Huddersfield, Castleford and Salford all have strong performances in them and can beat anyone. Wakefield and Toulouse will be 11th and 12th.

On 21/01/2022 at 19:04, Jim Prendle said:

Let me guess… you’re a motivational speaker!

I can just imagine the coach before the first game “okay new guys, this is your chance to fail. You know you can do it - go out and achieve!”. Maybe this is the ‘new’ apprach that wigan have been trying out - it would explain a lot.

23 hours ago, TBone said:

Let me guess… you’re a motivational speaker!

I can just imagine the coach before the first game “okay new guys, this is your chance to fail. You know you can do it - go out and achieve!”. Maybe this is the ‘new’ apprach that wigan have been trying out - it would explain a lot.

Oh dear.

Salfords backs of Brierley, Sio, Watkins, Sarginson, Lafai, Croft and Sneyd looks top 5 on paper, but the pack looks bottom 3, relegation already done and dusted though for Toulouse, suspect they will be out of their depth.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
20 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Thought I'd boost this to see how people are getting on 🤣

You can see why the Bookies make so much money - Pretty much everyone was useless with this years predictions - Though it is absolutely hilarious to see Wire in 11th instead of near the top where most people put them 🤣

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 18/01/2022 at 13:55, ATLANTISMAN said:

This is fun.

1/Dragons

2/Wolves

3/Saints

4/Rhinos

5/Hull KR

6/Warriors

7/Giants

8/Hull FC

9/Tigers

10/Trinity (6 wins)

11/Toulouse (5 wins)

12/Salford (4 wins)

Promoted Leigh

Yeh, so, these four wins for Salford: which ones were you thinking of? Were they the 32-6 and 46-14 shellackings of first place Catalans, the 32-24 beating of second place Warrington and the 44-12 hammering of third place Saints?

9 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Yeh, so, these four wins for Salford: which ones were you thinking of? Were they the 32-6 and 46-14 shellackings of first place Catalans, the 32-24 beating of second place Warrington and the 44-12 hammering of third place Saints?

Have you thought about maybe changing your name to Humourless?

On 18/01/2022 at 10:54, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Predictions for the 2022 Super League regular season table

1 Leeds

2 Saints

3 Catalans 

4 Warrington 

5 Hull FC

6 Huddersfield 

7 Wigan 

8 Hull KR

9 Castleford 

10 Toulouse 

11 Wakefield 

12 Salford 

This was my favourite. Where is our old friend, by the way?

• Like 1